“Ok Hotel. Good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Bangkok Nana

You added ibis Bangkok Nana to your Saves list
ibis Bangkok Nana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Soi 4 Sukhumvit Road | Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #254 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
“Ok Hotel. Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I hv stayed at many budget as well as luxury hotels and know the difference in experience in both which is understandable. However one thing which is and shd be common is the warmth and smiles on the face of the attendants. Ibis Nana lacked that basic requirement.

Ibis Nana is located at the heart of activity zone of Bkk. You just need to step out of the hotel, walk few minutes and u r on the burstling Sukhumvit Road. Its a budget hotel and room facilities are accordingly provided which is justified. The only sour spot was the kind of annoyed look on the face of the attendant at the restaurant area when she saw us coming there. She looked at us like we had come there to ask for free food. Totally pissed me off. Also the bar was out of stock when we came there in the evening and most of the drinks we asked for were not available. However the bar attendant apologised for the inconvenience. Otherwise other staff was busy doing everything else but attending to the guests. Maybe next time I will pay slightly more and stay at a much better hotel. Also will think twice before booking any ibis hotels accross the world.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Pablo L, Manager at ibis Bangkok Nana, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Kanay S,

Thank you very much for the constructive comments and also for taking the time off your busy schedule to give us a review with such useful information.

As part of our commitment I would like to notify that I have already had a discussion with the department concerned and we will implement more trainings for our team members in order to improve the warmth and welcoming spirit within the team towards our customers, hoping that you will give us another chance in order to provide you in a future stay with a better experience at our property.

On behalf of the team kindly accept my apologies for such approach.

I am glad on the other hand that you have enjoyed the prime location of our hotel and that you had a great trip in Bangkok.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future at our property.

Pablo L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel location is pretty good, though it is right in the area where action it is also away from the rush of the Nana area. Adding to that, it’s a non smoking hotel, which by default makes it easy for you to stay with family.
The staff is very friendly and ready to help at all times.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Pablo L, Manager at ibis Bangkok Nana, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear KIRANMURS,

Thank you so much for giving us a review on Tripadvisor and for taking such time into doing so.

On behalf of the team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your hub during your visit to Bangkok.

I will share you great feedback with our team in order to keep them informed and motivated by the great experience that you encountered during your stay, with their attitude, approach on service and to also praise our prime location in the middle of Sukhumvit, near to the Nana BTS Skytrain and shopping malls.

Please note that you will always be welcome at ibis Bangkok Nana.

With Best Regards,

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The location of this hotel makes it extremely convinient to explore the entire city using public transport. The hotel provides a shuttle service (free of charge) to the Nana BTS station. The rooms were small but very clean and had all the basic amenities that you need during your stay. While touring the city I left behind my camera in one of the cabs but the reception desk was helful enough in communicating with the driver and getting back my camera. If you are looking for a good professional budget hotel with helpful staff and a convinient location in Bangkok, this hotel should be your choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for 2 days. The rooms were small but clean. Location is perfect for party lovers as its on the main street where u'll find plenty of pubs/discs.
Service is good as our electric kettle wasn't working they repaired it immediately. One strange thing I found in this hotel - they asked 500Baht security money when we checked in. This was quite new for me as I have traveled a lot but hadn't noticed this practice anywhere.Anyways, maybe its the rule, most of the hotels follow in Bangkok.
Final recommendation - Good for short stays.

Room Tip: Ask for a front window room, if possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 night. The location is strategic n passed thru by lots of taxis. Near BTS nana. The room is clean n the staffs are nice. Many food resto around the hotel. I had a very cheap room rate for 3 days by online booking. Recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pablo L, Manager at ibis Bangkok Nana, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Vrajc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at ibis Bangkok Nana, we are delighted to know that your 3 days in our hotel was a great experience from the moment you booked our great offer to the staff who took care of you during your stay and also the quality of the room.

Please do not hesitate in returning back to our property if you come back to Bangkok we will be more than pleased to have you stay once again and make your future experience a better one.

Kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I stayed in IBIS - NANA last December along with my Husband , my sister and my brother in law. We did arrive early than our check in timings but the staff was nice enough to let us keep our luggage near the reception and arranged for a cab for our sight seeing. I was worried about my luggage but when we returned back I was relieved to see it safe.
Also the rooms were pretty clean , helpful and friendly staff. They also gave us helpful information about not so famous but good shopping areas. We did shop lots from the streets near by to the hotel.
Wonderful experience .Thankyou for making our holiday memorable
Looking forward to visit again..

Room Tip: choose a room facing the road side. Coz the other end has no view at all.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pablo L, Manager at ibis Bangkok Nana, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear PoojaKambli,

Excellent review from an experienced traveler, we are very grateful for your great feedback and for sharing your experience at ibis Bangkok Nana, it is always a pleasure to have the comments from our customers.

I will share the great feedback from our teams with them, as they strive to always provide our guests with a great service, I am also glad to hear they shared with you information about the local markets and shopping areas that go out from the regular shopping destinations for a change.
Please do not hesitate into coming back in the near future, you will always be welcomed.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I booked the wrong room at Ibis but the staff had gladly changed it for us. We didn't really mind being put on the room for the disabled because the room was actually huge and very comfortable compared to their normal rooms. The place was clean and the staff were helpful. I would really like to stay in this place again and would recommend to friends. And oh, did I say the location is perfect? It is close to all the clubs, close to the train station and one taxi away from the shopping centres!!

• Stayed October 2013
Pablo L, Manager at ibis Bangkok Nana, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Andre Y,

I am really glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the team has certainly appreciated your stay as well, thank you for the great review that you have given us.

Please do not hesitate into coming back anytime.

Been to ibis Bangkok Nana? Share your experiences!