Platinum Accor Member review
Arrived late after a long flight first room must have been next to a generator or air-con unit as it was like trying to sleep on an aircraft, the non smoking room also stunk of stale smoke. I was too tired to be bothered and jumped in to bed only to find several ants in the bed. Packed case back down to reception, changed room and found that the sheets had semen stains on them, although clean the stains where visable. Asked for new sheets and duvet cover and the sheet had a tear in it. Very poor standard, Management need to spend a night in room 415 and see what it is like.
Bathroom; OMG what a health hazard! All of the grouting has black mould, the hairdrier cable also had mould, there is mould everywhere. I put the mould down to a nasty cough that I had whenever I was in the room, whenever I was out of the room no coughing.
FREE Internet was a lucky dip! On one minute and off the next, was told that they will be upgrading soon! This was a real pain as I need to keep in touch with friends and business.
Location is near Nana Plaza, two stops on BTS to Soi Cowboy.
I booked via ACCOR on a pre-paid rate, and was told on arrival that I had to pay 1500THB deposit! Next morning ws told that my card did not authorise! Very strange! Went to reception and was given a print out with the rate I booked online, although because of the poor internet & poor quality of room I thought I would have a quick look around at other Hotels as the internet in Ibis is not strong enough to access Agoda. Was unable to find anything near as cheap so went back to reception and dealt with another Lady who tried to increase the price on me as it was not pre-paid! After several phone calls the original rate stood.
Rooms are OK, even have UK ITV (honest) couldnt beleive it when Corrie come on the TV!
Ideal as cheap crash pad although if booking ahead you can probably find better deals elsewhere.
The silly thing is, if someone spent 30 mins properly cleaning the bathroom it would be OK, the other thing that grossed me out are the two filthy bins one in the room and one in the bathroom. I popped next door to 7 -11 and purchased some diinfectant spray and some air freshner and spent most of my time out partying so did not let it bother me.
Would not choose this Hotel again unless they;
1. Re-grout or seriously clean bathrooms
2. Buy new sheets and duvet covers
3. Clean the air-con units as they are filthy
4. Check corridors for food trays as some sit for 6 hours and this attracts ants
5. Beef up the internet connection
6. Buy "NEW" bins for the room & bathroom and use "plastic bin liners" instead of having filthy dirty bins.
Received absolutely no recognition of my Platinum Accor status.
On each occassion that I visited reception I overheard someone moaning.
Overall experience -1/10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Bangkok Nana offers fresh, funky accommodation in the heart of Bangkok. Walk to everything from this ultra central location on bustling Sukhumvit Road. Shopping malls, bars, restaurants, public transport, all just minutes away. 200 rooms, 24 hour service, snacks and drinks, a trendy Tapas restaurant. Friendly staff, great services, a colorful atmosphere - find it all at Ibis Bangkok Nana. Soak up the excitement of the city at this great-value Bangkok hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your ibis Bangkok Nana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Bangkok Nana Hotel Bangkok