“Home Sweet Home!..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast

You added Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   18/1 Charoen Rat Rd. | Yannawa, Sathron, Bangkok 10120, Thailand (Sathorn)   |
Ranked #22 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Turkey
“Home Sweet Home!..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed in this lovely place in august and that time it was the 1st one on the popularity index of Tripadvisor. (I felt lucky to find a place.) Until now, I did not have time to write a review also by thinking that they are already at the top of the list:) But now, I saw with a big surprise they moved below on the index, so felt responsible of writing my review finally:)

Everything about the physical conditions of this B&B is written in previous reviews. An Oasis in the heart of Bangkok with a beautiful garden. Location balanced: not in downtown but very easy acces with the boat especially, etc.

But these are not important. Which makes this place such an incredible paradise is the director Tasma:) (and the staff of 2 persons in total!) She is so lovely, so smiling, so helpful, so and so and soooo .... Not easy to describe her:) She welcomed us with a very big smile and a welcome drink, gave us all the tips needed (she speaks a perfect English which is something very important that you will have difficulty to find in Thailand), even prepared us a package breakfast the morning that we had to leave earlier than breakfast time to catch a tour!

The owner which was also very nice and kind (we could not have time to know him better but it is sure that thanks to his philosophy this place is directed by such a lovely director) and Tasma allowed us for a late check out without any extra cost, which is already a whole day stay: until 20.00 o'clock because we had a very late flight and we bought a tour the last day. I still feel very grateful to them for this last day.

This is only a summary of good experiences with this team, because it will be too long if I write everything here.

If you want to party all night long this is not the place for you, because there are places like that at Khaosan in downtown.

But if you want to see a smiling face every moment and feel really at home, stay definitely at Baan Pra Nond. You will not regret:)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Johor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Room 1 has an attached huge bathroom, plenty of room to move around. Just outside of it is a balcony frilled with lovely green plants. You can even do your yoga or meditation here in the early morning.

The bed I slept on was as old as the house itself, probably 70 to 80 years old. You will notice trails of time and tradition in this wonderfully renovated home.

From here I can easily walk to the skytrain station or the Taksin pier, which provides one of the fastest transport to other parts of the city. Especially great during traffic congested hours.

Tasma, the super friendly owner, made me Thai shrimp porridge for my breakfast. And Jason is a great companion if you love hockey.

Here I have found a piece of idyllic island of my own. Away from the city noise and crowded streets is a haven for me to contemplate my life as well as my journeys.

Vancelee Teng
Malaysia

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

I began my 4-week trip in Thailand from Baan Pra Nond and finished with it as well. Good location, easy to get in & out with sky-train or express boat (I love it!!). Comfortable room and relaxing living room/dinning room. Not to mention super friendly owner Tasma and Jason, as well as all staffs (Hi Janya). I felt sad when I had to get on a taxi to airport to finish my journey but I also felt I'll be back especially when I hugged good-bye with everyone (They walked me to the taxi, all of them, how sweet). I hope to come back soon (maybe when next diving season comes!!!)

Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Baan Pra Nond on the last leg of our honeymoon and enjoyed our stay and the hospitality so much that, when we return to Bangkok next year to do and see the things we ran out of time for this year, we will be staying at the Baan Pra Nond again. The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the Surasak sky train station which in turn is only two short stops away from Patpong night market - it takes less than 15 minutes by train to get into the centre of the city. Also, the river pier and boats are a short walk in the opposite direction to the sky train station. We found the hosts (Tasma and Jason) and staff to be very warm and friendly. Tasma (who runs the place on a daily basis) and Jason go the extra mile in making you feel welcomed and were fantastic in giving us advice on where to go, what to see, and how to avoid tourist traps and rip offs. On our second night my wife took ill and we had to go to hosptial - Tasma and Jason drove us there and waited with us for over three hours to make sure we got things sorted (not being Thai speakers we had language barriers to overcome!) - this was way above what you could expect anywhere!

We have stayed in many hotels from hell hole backpackers to five star resorts in many countries and the Baan Pra Nond, with its homely warm and trendy atmosphere and fantastic hosts and staff, is right up there in our top favourites.

We highly recommend the Baan Pra Nond for value for money, warm atmosphere, great hosts, close to the city, and comfort....

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
france
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I really liked the interior design, a beautiful house in the heart of bangkok, modern thai colonial style, very nice. The room was nice and clean. Super location near the thai air conditioned metro. Friendly and helpful owner.
It's near everything, 15 minutes walk to the pier where you can take a taxi boat to the royal palace. Great stay there.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!