“For the price, fantastic. Good room and location but no view.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Heritage Hotel Sathorn

You added The Heritage Hotel Sathorn to your Saves list
The Heritage Hotel Sathorn
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   36 Soi Sathorn 13 Yannawa Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand (Formerly CK House)   |
Ranked #608 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“For the price, fantastic. Good room and location but no view.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I booked this hotel for two nights at the beginning of my trip, at the time I paid 1050 baht per night including breakfast, which wasn't fantastic but it did the job.

The taxi driver had a little trouble finding the place but with it being at the end of a soi it is a little hidden, but no more than a 2 minute walk to Sathorn road and another minute away from the Surasak Skytrain station (Or a free Tuk Tuk if you like), which gives fast, cheap transport to all the places you'll want to visit.

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly, we got a great recommendation for the Blue Dragon resteraunt for a birthday meal which was only a few minutes away and was actually an extremely impressive (and expensive!) place. They were more than happy to help when I needed to know where something was or how much I should expect to pay to get there. No problems with service and breakfast was delivered to the room at a time to suit.

The room was large and had all the facilities you could want, a balcony (Although with a view of a building wall and a backstreet), and a nice enough bathroom. The styling was nice but the quality was a bit lacking, you can tell that they have not broke the bank when they decorated. Cleaned daily and nothing went missing.

For the price it was fantastic and I could have done alot worse, I don't really thing this hotel deserves to be ranked as low as it is at the moment, but it's definately not going to be in the top 100 either. I'd reccomend it so long as you're not looking for luxury or a view.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

At last day of our stay we have got our money stolen from carbon trank with coded loker.
It was done quiet professionally.

Inspite of the video camera under the door of our room a thief didn't be registrated.
Actually nobody of hotel staff didn't look surprised or scandalized.

We went to Police, fill all documents, but it was quiet formally. And they did nothing.

So I don't recommend you to stay at this hotel to avoid a risk.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

this was our first trip to Bangkok, and my (new) husband and i were quite excited. we booked Heritage Sathorn because of the amazing pics of the hotel at their website, and we availed of their Easy Package which was $85 3D/2N and the inclusions were one way airport transfer, american breakfasts for 2 days, and UNLIMITED access to the fitness centre and sauna and jacuzzi.. to be honest that jacuzzi/sauna thing was the main selling point for me coz i was really looking forward to just relaxing on this short holiday.

when we got there, the driver Teph was waiting and everythign was smooth. the hotel was SO FAR though! but we thought hey as long as it's accessible to the transportation links (skytrain, MRT) it will be fine. but guess what?? the hotel is right in the heart of residential units with lots of tiny streets which we never got around to being familiar with. hence we felt a little trapped and we had to rely on the hotel Tuk=tuk (free) service whenever my husband and i needed to go out. Totally NOT what we would have wanted :( we thought we could stay in a hotel where when you go out the dining spots were just right there. we tried the directions given by another Trip Advisor reviewer but couldn't get it that we had to go back to the hotel to ask for tuk-tuk :(

the rooms looked a lot like our rooms back home in the Philippines, nothing special and TOTALLY not the same as the ones on their website. i wanted to check out right then and there! my husband stopped me saying we only had 3 days and it would just be a waste of time and effort.

there was no Room Service! no hair dryer inside the rooms, no Tooth Paste we had to buy our own! also it was my fault too i guess but there was no restaurant in the hotel. the worst thing was that their jacuzzi/sauna was SOOOOOOOO DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didn't use it anymore! even the receptionist said it was dirty and better not to use it :( there were feet-like tracks on the jacuzzi floor it was so disgusting! and the fitness center?? just a couple of equipments nothing more, with tons of clothes hanging around for drying.. i tried to get some discounts since i did not get to use the jacuzzi anyway but they said it was not possible.

as kind as the receptionist was (they did serve our breakfast at 630 am despite the normal hours of 7am due to our very early flight back home), he was not very good at English that it was quite frustrating. :( it would really have helped if their staff could speak and understand English better.

it was good that their wifi internet was quite fast and free though.

i really really DO NOT recommend staying at this hotel.. i felt cheated for the $85, we could have gotten cheaper rates at hotels which were right at the city center.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Good price value hotel. Nothing special but ok. Rooms are very big but a little bit old. Rooms have great view over bangkok.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of my trip through Thailand and it was my 3rd hotel in Bangkok. We booked on the strength of no bad reviews and beautiful photos on websites.

The room themselves are large, and have a nice feel to them. The wooden floor is smooth cool, and I quite liked the dark furniture and feature wall. Although the photos are very cleverly taken I'd say they still give a good indication of the room and it felt clean although a little dark.

It is however a little past it's prime, my mirror had lost some of it's surface and had black patches, and the cushions on the couch had some seams split.

Breakfast is delivered to your room at a time requested as there is no restaurant and wasn't too bad Asian standards. Some bacon, a slice of ham, an egg, coleslaw, toast and jam with a plate of fruit and glass of cordial.

All up it wasn't too bad for 999 baht a night, but the group of us felt there was little passion from the staff, particularly in comparison to the other 11 places I stayed out throughout Thailand.

My bathroom felt like it was from a couple of decades ago, and there was large quantities of mould growing in the grouting around the tiles on the wall in the shower (understand it's impossible to get rid of without putting new in) and there was pinky/orange mould growing in the corners where it looks like it's been cleaned without oomph. The bathroom smells damp and mouldy so could do with a serious clean. The mirror had been cleaned to about 2/3 of the way up as it was streaky at the bottom as if done with cold water, and the top was spotty as if not cleaned and there was cobwebs in the top corner of the roof. Despite this it didn't feel DIRTY, just as if it was a quick clean rather than a scrub. I did overhear another guest ask reception to re-clean their bathroom while I was at reception. But I will say that it was the hottest shower I had in 3 weeks and had good water pressure

There was also a mixup with breakfasts so it pays to be very clear with staff. The first day they sent one rooms half an hour early, and forgot our second room's breakfast. It was very quickly delivered on request. The second day I hadn't requested breakfast, and had both the do not disturb light and sign up but they spent maybe 2-3 minutes knocking with me requesting they leave me to sleep before they rang to insist they delivered my breakfast. I kept saying that I wanted to sleep and not be disturbed and they were very set on delivering breakfast at the time they had the day before.

Our room cards also stopped working after two nights but it was a quick fix to get it set up again at reception.

As per other reviews it's down a couple of narrow dark streets in a quiet area of Bangkok, but is maybe 10 minutes walk to the BTS

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Wanaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

The Heritage Sathorn kind of feels like it's down a backstreet, but it's a good backstreet! Feels like a safe area with a nice school and hospital nearby. The 7-11 is close enough, there's also a atm and fruit and vege stalls at the end of the street. The Skytrain is nearby, within walking distance.
The bathroom smelled a bit "muddy", as did the water. At first I thought it must just have been Bangkok water etc but we stayed elsewhere in Bangkok at the end of our stay and the water was fine.
The bed was comfy (we found most beds in Thailand to be very hard, but this one wasn't so bad). The room was pretty dark, alot of dark wood and not very bright lights. The aircon worked well and wasn't too noisy.
The glassed in balcony was nice, the windows slide right open so it's not like an incredibly hot sun trap, we moved our chairs out there and had breakfast out there (which was quite nice - an egg, bacon, ham, a sausage, toast and jam, and juice)
If your up for a short cut to the skytrain go right when you head out the doors, and then right again at the end of the street. You'll pop out on the main road. The hotel has no restaurant for dinner, if you feel like heading out for dinner, try the "Blue Elephant Restaurant" on that main road http://www.blueelephant.com/bangkok/index.html we had a fantastic meal here, it's actually a cooking school, incredible service. We even saw the security guard out the front feeding a stray dog which was a nice change from some of the other treatment of street dogs we saw!
Would stay again and recommend to anyone, only downfall is other than some interesting/verging on scary "food" stalls, the only decent place to eat is the Blue Elephant (as far as I saw).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Oz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

It's about 5-10 mins walk down Sathorn Soi 13. Take the 90 degree right turn at the end and it's on the right just before where the soi takes a 90 degree left turn. Total walk to Surasak BTS is about 15 mins. Sathorn Soi 13 is fairly quiet, mostly residential (large condos) with a major hospital and college also on the street. The nearest 7-11 is at the corner with Sathorn Rd itself: quite a walk to quickly get something. The room had a few mini bar items for sale.

My room was 1 floor up from the ground and a good size: a large studio apartment with queen (or larger) bed, sofa, table, chairs, fridge and various cupboards. It also had a glassed in balcony. Judging by the grey marble/granite stone on the floor it looked like an older style building that has been fairly recently refitted: the cupboards seemed fairly new. There is also a glassed in balcony. Even in the daytime it was quite dark - needed the lights on.

Internet was by cable only, not a huge inconvenience but it means you can't lie on the bed and surf the net (unless you have a very long cable!)

The TV was a new LCD 32" offering a small selection of cable channels including the BBC.

There were some technical issues during my week long stay: for the first couple of days the internet was down for a few hours each day. The rest of the time it was reliable and one of the best connections I've had in a hotel in Bangkok. The door key is a magnetic card that slides into the door lock (typical of many hotels). My key stopped working and the reprogramming machine was down for a few days. Therefore I had to ask someone every time I wanted to get back into my room! As there was always a staff member available to provide access it was no big inconvenience.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to The Heritage Hotel Sathorn? Share your experiences!