“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Heritage Bangkok

You added The Heritage Bangkok to your Saves list
The Heritage Bangkok
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   198 Soi Narathivas 3, Narathivas Road | Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Ranked #492 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We used this hotel as a base to explore Bangkok and in that respect it was very good as it is within easy walking distance of the sky train. There were also a number of small restaurants nearby for evening meals. Convenience shop just around the corner and food hawkers in the early evening were handy for cheap drinks and snacks.The breakfast selection was very good and the staff were friendly.

Our room was rather dark and we did not like to keep the curtains open as then people on the street could see directly into our room via the floor to ceiling windows. Rooms were rather shabby but perfectly adequate and clean. The beds were comfy and massive. Big tv, complementary tea and coffee and a fridge were all very welcome. Bathroom was big with a good shower and plenty of hot water.

We enjoyed using the hotels rooftop pool to cool off after a long days sight seeing.

Air conditioning in the room was not very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

When i booked this hotel i booked for non smoking room but when i arrived i was told there were none available only smoking floors , the room i was given faced the skytrain and with the noise from that and rattling noisy airconditioner it was impossible to sleep ,ibooked 4 nights at this hotel but after 2 i left and found a better one ,would not stay there again and would not recomend it to anyone

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I like this hotel, position, courtesy of staff in the public areas and good value for money. I stayed in February and want to stay again in November. However trying to book by email is disastrous - two replies (one quoting me a price which I accepted) to 17 emails and then still no confirmation of the booking. Eventually I asked a Thai friend to go and book for me and he was told I must book by email - I tried again and still no reply. So I asked a Thai speaking American friend to go to the hotel. He was kept waiting for an hour and then the staff member from reservations was very rude (this is very non Thai and most shocking). Eventually another member of staff contacted me and I have confirmation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Venice, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

we were a group of 8 people and we spent there 3 nights. the location of the hotel is ok (in front of the skytrain station..) but apart from that we were more than disappointed.
we arrived in the hotel at 11am after a 20hours trip from PhiPhi Islands, we were completely wet and visibly tired, we checked as we got there but the manager told us we could have the rooms only at 2pm, we kindly asked if maybe we could have at least one room as to leave our backpacks and have a shower, but he insisted that the check in was at 2pm (even if some of the rooms were available and ready!). moreover we had to pay all nights for all rooms in advance at the check in and he "invited" us 4 times in a very impolite way to "have a seat"!
the other girl at the reception was as arrogant and impolite as her boss..

we came back at 2pm and asked for the rooms, as they told us that only one room out of 3 was ready we almost shouted at them...so they suddenly found out that indeed all three rooms were ready...
they gave us 1 key (magnetic card) per room (even for triple rooms!).

the room was ok, very wide and with a very big bed; the maintenance of the room was not so good, the view from the window was a dirty courtyard. the second day they replaced only the big shower towels and the small ones disappeared; then we finished the toilet paper because they didn't leave an extra roll and the next morning i had to go downstairs to ask for it at 7am. we also found a cockroach in the bathroom...something that in this kind of hotel you woudn't expect!!

the third day one of my friends lost the room key and the receptionist told him that he had to pay 500baht (15euros) for a new one; my friend said he would first look for it everywhere, so the receptionist opened the door of the room for him but didn't give him an extra key to turn on the electricity system (the room had one of those systems where you have to insert the key-card to turn on the light and the air conditioning).
I gave him a card from an old hotel and he managed to turn the electricity on; if it were for the staff of the hotel, my friends would have well been without electricity, light and a/c in the room...

the next day we checked out and had to pay 500baht for the lost card: in which kind of hotel they charge you for a key card?!?!!?
on top of that, they also charged us for a water they said we took from the minibar (19baht).
as a matter of fact I tried to explain to the receptionist that in the room we had one bottle of free water each, so it made no sense for us to take the one we had to pay for...!!! moreover the brand of the water from the minibar was the same we used to buy at the 7eleven in front of the hotel, so it might well have been that the cleaning lady found an empty one in the trash bin and thought we took it from the minibar...

after half hour of arguing (at that point it was just a matter of principle..) we had to pay 19baht for the bottle of water we never touched.

the feeling we had is that they really do not care about clients, they just care about your money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

i stayed in this hotel for 3 days and nights. I've been travelling alot, this hotel are so di and comparing this hotel with previous hotel i stayed. I was disappointed, this hotel doesnt have complimentary slipper and everything is on charge (spoon, glass etc.) you can find the list of prices for each on a laminated card. when i was in hk i booked in a hostel. comparing both i rather like the hostel, in the hostel no charge for the spoon or glas and their is a complimentry slippers. The GOoD side of this hotel is that it was few step from BTS station, if i will going back to BKK i will not booked again on this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the 4th year in a row I have stayed at the Heritage and recommended this hotel to many people. The location in proximity to the BTS Chong Nonsi has always been an important selling point for this hotel, as the friendly and knowledgable staff and proximity to the fresh market. But this year difficulties in communicating with management and shoddy maid service finally forced me to change hotels to a new contender "Glow" down the street. The rooms at the Heritage are getting a bit "old". The corner studio is very dark, noisy, television reception poor and wifi horrible. A previous 4 night stay one week before in a Deluxe room, less expensive, was considerably better. I found myself without toilet paper and handtowels on day 4 of this stay and the bath towel I recieved was frayed. The reservation department does not recognize the value of a repeat guest and refused to include breakfast or renegotiate rate to move me to another room. I managed to book a very nice, fresh room just down the street for considerably less and was very pleased with the competing accomodation. I finally spoke to the manager the day after I checked out and all he could say was he was sorry and made no attempt to regain my business for a future stay so I will now be staying at Glow Trinity for my future trips to Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Location was all about our reason for choosing The Heritage Bangkok.

Things got off to a rocky start when we were taken to rooms that were supposedly an upgrade.

When we made the booking we were concerned that HotelClub called what could only be a Corner Suite (what the hotel calls it) a junior suite, a room the hotel doesn't have. So when we checked in and got our room cards I knew my concerns had been valid when we were both taken to standard hotel rooms. Even worse, ours was a twin with two singles.

Back at the reception desk, I explained on HotelClub it had standard, deluxe then junior and that what’s what our two rooms should be. Not sure who the hotel called but we were soon in our corner suites.

Both rooms very different 502 two separate rooms, shower only; 715 one giant space with a huge bath (shower over).

The room positives - huge room, comfy bed, lots of tv channels, wired and wifi internet. The negatives - noisy aircon even on lowest setting. Because the rooms are huge takes ages to cool them down. No sheer curtains - this is an issue because corner suites have floor to ceiling glass down both sides so it's either a room of darkness or "Hello Bangkok". Rooms very worn – someone had put a big hole in the wall above our bed and it had been patched up very poorly with a bit of tape and some mismatched paint. Nowhere in the bathroom to put anything except on the vanity top. Shower temp was very up and down. One of the curtain tracks was coming off.

Good breakfast that is open really good hours – 6am to 10am. Bar in lobby open 24 hours. All three of us had massages in the Senses Spa attached to the hotel that we voted very highly. Really nice staff all through the hotel. Great roof top pool, sadly the bar is closed up there. Appears to attract a lot of gay clientele, so we never felt uncomfortable. Great restaurant Feuang Nara right across the road and Eat Me down the road (maybe 500 metres).

Watch out for charges at the bar up by the pool. 200 BHT corkage pp (plus taxes) so three cheap beers became three very expensive beers (by Thai standards of course).

As I said, location was very important to us. Hotel is directly across from Chong Nonsi BTS. Chong Nonsi is above the BRT (bus rapid transit) but we didn’t try it. Silom and the Patpong Night Market are less than a 10 minute walk away.

This review sounds very negative but it wasn’t a bad experience. My partner liked the hotel a lot more than me.

I wouldn’t stay here again unless I knew the lesser rooms had sheer curtains as well as the block-outs. The corner suites didn’t work for us at all. Actually no, no matter what, I’d give I-Residence right across the road a go instead.

Room Tip: Although the corner suites are huge, lack of sheer curtains makes them either public open space or v...