“large rooms with great views of river” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok

You added Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok to your Saves list
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Charoenkrung Soi 70 | Bangkholame, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Fully Flexible Room only
Ranked #16 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“large rooms with great views of river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Nice, quiet hotel with helpful staff. We had one problem with our room which was quickly fixed by the front office staff. Concierge was so helpful. At the end of the day. It was lovely to sit at the edge of the infinity pool and watch the boats go by. Booked on the basis on previous reviews and they were spot on.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
ChatriumSuitesBKK, Director of Rooms at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, November 20, 2009
Dear timetotravel66,

Thank you very much for sparing your valuable time to share your great experience feedback after your recent stay with us at Chatrium Suites Bangkok, A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner.

We are pleased to learn that you have found everything to your satisfaction during your recent stay with us and that it was a pleasant as well as memorable experience. Your kind compliments do indeed give us tremendous encouragement for our ongoing commitment towards service excellence. Please rest assured that we will continue to be receptive and sensitive to the needs of our esteemed guests so that your future visits will be as pleasant and memorable as the last.

Meanwhile, our entire staff and Management Team very much look forward to the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to your Bangkok home for another memorable visit by the River of Kings.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel and loved it. The staff were excellent, friendly, with good English. They made me feel very welcome and looked after. The hotel is fairly new and was quite quiet which was great, but the standard is excellent, just as a 5 star hotel should be and without the high prices of the Shangri La or equivalent. In fact I booked through Directrooms.com but got a better deal by speaking to the front desk. The pool is fantastic, overlooking the river and there is a free shuttle boat that takes you to the main pier where you can get boats to lots of other places and the Skytrain to the main shopping malls, so it was perfectly located. I would DEFINITELY stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Dear Grinner42,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback at Chatrium Suites Bangkok, A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner during your recent visit.

As a well traveled guest, your comments are valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of services and ensure that your expectations are met each visit. On this occasion, we are delighted to learn that you really enjoyed our hotel facilities especially personalised services provided by our well trained staff. Your kind compliments have been shared to our team members. I know that they appreciate the recognition that you have given and are always delighted to be of your service.

We certainly hope that your future plans to Bangkok will include Chatrium Suites Bangkok, A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Warmest regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Stayed here for our honeymoon and we loved this hotel so much we didnt want to leave. The rooms are MASSIVE really big.
The staff and service was amazing, the food was great and hotel is beautiful. The views are to die for.

Would recommend this hotel to friend, family and everyone. Excellent location, near the famous Bangkok Skytrain and sits right on the Bangkok river.Although you are in the heart of Bangkok the hotel is perfectly situated by the river which is really quite, cant hear the traffic of any nightlife noises.

Thanks Chatrium for making our honeymoon extra especial. Thanks to the helpful managemen for going the extra mile for us and making us feel like royalty A*.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
ChatriumSuitesBKK, Director of Rooms at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, November 19, 2009
Dear DazedandConfusedUK,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

After reading all of the great reviews about this hotel on Trip Advisor, I was anxious to try it on my recent trip to Bangkok. I must admit that I am a very particular traveler having travelled to many countires and staying in some very fine hotels. The reviews on the Chatrium Suites made it sound like one of those exceptional properties that global travellers relish. It was a fine hotel, however not exceptional in my opinion and by my admitedly high standards.

It's a beautiful property in an area that I would describe as slightly remote, which according to the purpose of your trip can be good or bad. It's vantage point on the river is nice, with great views if you have a river view room. I requested a river view suite on high floor, and my request seemed to be ignored which is my first complaint. Most fine hotels will definitely apoloogize for that, or attempt to make up for it in some way. There was no mention of it or apology, despite the fact that I complained about it at check-in.

I had read many outstanding things about the staff, however I did not find them to be extraordainary or frankly any better than average. They were polite, but a bit distant, and not what I would describe as being friendly. The exception would be Anek, one of the waiters during breakfast who was excellent! My package included breakfast and it was superb. A wonderful array of choices that were fresh, creative, and beautifully presented. The restaurant is right on the river which is quiote delightful.

While my package was an excellent value, I felt that the hotel went out o their way to get extra money whenever possible. Wireless internet access was at a fee and the signal was sometimes spotty. Local telephone calls were charged, and my number one aggravation was that even ice cubes had a fee. So I felt as though you really had to watch your wallet.One thing that was complimentary was the Health Club which I can only describe as AWESOME ! It was small but exceptionally well-equipped with the latest and best exercise equipment.

The rooms were nice, but all of the wood was very dark, and they actually seemed somewhat austere. The bed was quite comfortable but again the room design was not exceptional. I also found the housekeeping to be adequate but without any premium touches such as mints or small flowers. My bath soap was not even always replaced. These are small details, but things that seperate world-class 5 star hotels fromthe rest.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, but not unlike many I have had over the years. If you can get a good package price it's an excellent value. But unlike man y others who have reviewed this hotel, don't confuse value with true excellence.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Msida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I just came back from Bangkok, where I stayed at the above mentioned hotel. Starting from the minute I stepped into the hotel I immediately felt at home. The staff is really nice and helpful and the environment is really great!

I was allocated a 1bdr apartment and was really pleased with all, cleanliness, standard of the accommodation, view, etc...... The staff are really there waiting to serve you, one can't ask for something and not be helped immediately. I happened to need 2 things and I've had someone knocking on my door with them in just a couple of minutes!!

Even though the hotel is not exactly in the city centre, the shuttle boat service of the hotel makes it really easy to come and go whenever you want to ..... and it only takes 5 minutes!

Definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Bangkok!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dear a-debattista,

Thank you for taking the time to share us your remarkable stay experience at Chatrium Suites Bangkok, A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner during your recent visit.

Your comments are valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of service and ensure that your expectations are met on each visit. On this occasion, we are delighted to learn that you really enjoyed our products and facilities particularly our level of services rendered during your recent stay. Your kind compliments have been shared to our team members and I know that they appreciate the recognition that you have given and are always delighted to be of your service. Please rest assured that we will continue to be receptive and sensitive to the needs of our esteem guests so that your future visits will be pleasant and memorable one as the last.

We are very grateful for your patronage on this occasion and certainly hope that your future plans to Bangkok will include Chatrium Suites Bangkok, A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai Hospitality.

Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Stayed here when stopping over in Bangkok on the way home from Australia. This hotel made the trip, the staff are so helpful. Rooms are a good size and bathrooms have baths! Breakfasts are amazing, so much to choose from. Recomended.!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear mossyd18,

Your comments are valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of service and ensure that your expectations are met on each visit. On this occasion, we are delighted to learn that you really enjoyed our facilities particularly our spacious room with river view and level of services rendered during your recent stay. Your kind compliments have been shared to our team members and I know that they appreciate the recognition that you have given and are always delighted to be of your service. Please rest assured that we will continue to be receptive and sensitive to the needs of our esteem guests so that your future visits will be pleasant and memorable one as the last.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Stayed here for 5 nights celebrating my wedding anniversary. I typically rely on the main chains such as Hilton, Mariott et al to ensure consistent quality & service not to mention the reward points! However, on this occassion i departed from the usual and having read rave reviews booked this place. What a pleasant surprise! This place is a cross between the comfort of a top end hotel and the convenience of a private apartment. The suites are well furnished, to standard not dissimilar to a citypad. The hotel is a 15min walk from the main metro stop, though the courtesy boat makes for an added-value experience when travelling to/from the main Metro/river boat stop. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, particularly the concierge who advised on travel plans each day. The breakfast was generous though i would say the day restaurant was a little pricey perhaps to counter the very reasonably priced rooms. Fellow guests were a mix of couples and families and i would say this hotel caters for all. Our suite was very well proportioned, generous living area and an open plan kitchen area should you need it; a good sized flat screen sony tv in both bedroom and living room.
Only downside - internet wifi could either be free or cheaper!
I would definitely recommend this hotel, closer to the centre than Marriott and more quaint than the bigger hotel brands in bangkok.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
ChatriumSuitesBKK, Director of Rooms at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, November 9, 2009
Dear DrAMiles,

Your comments are valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of service and ensure that your expectations are met on each visit. On this occasion, we are delighted to learn that you really enjoyed our facilities particularly our spacious room with river view and level of services rendered during your recent stay. Your kind compliments have been shared with our team members and I know that they appreciate the recognition that you have given and are always delighted to be of your service. Please rest assured that we will continue to be receptive and sensitive to the needs of our esteem guests so that your future visits will be pleasant and memorable one as the last.

Your constructive comment regarding the internet charge has received our particular attention. Please rest assured that we will certainly bear your comment in mind for our improvement programme.

We are very grateful for your patronage on this occasion and certainly hope that your future plans to Bangkok will include Chatrium Suites Bangkok, A Dusit Thani Hotels Partner and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Director of Rooms

Been to Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok? Share your experiences!