“Comfortable, good location, good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok

You added Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok to your Saves list
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Charoenkrung Soi 70 | Bangkholame, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Flash Sale Room only
Ranked #21 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Haifa, Israel
“Comfortable, good location, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had an excellent stay at the Chatrium hotel, and I highly recommend it to visitors to Bangkok. Since so many people have recommended the hotel, I'll just add my specific reasoning:
1. The rooms are very spacious, especially for a big city. Not the most luxurious, but plenty of space.
2. The location is super convenient -- right on the river, away from the hustle and bustle, yet with a complimentary boat shuttle service that takes you quickly to a transport hub, for other boats or the metro system.
3. Creature comforts for when you want to escape the city -- a nice pool area, a spa, even a 7eleven on site for snacks and drinks.
4. We even had a great meal at the hotel restaurant, on the balcony overlooking the river. I always assume hotel restaurants would be decent at best, but this was actually quite good.
Definitely a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Arbroath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Gorgeous hotel with helpful, friendly staff.
Rooms are fantastic, beds comfy and the view from our suite on the 31st floor were stunning.
The boat shuttle service is a great idea and takes you to the station where you can either head to the city or go upriver.
Buffet breakfast is worthwhile with everything that you could wish for from sushi to pastries, eggs to fruit.

Room Tip: 31st floor has great views over Bangkok
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Last month I stayed at the Chatrium Riverside again, and I had the pleasure of staying there almost an entire week. It must have been my 8th or 9th stay so far. Indeed, since early last year I stay at this property every time I come to Bangkok for business or holiday. I have some very good reasons for this. First of all, this definitely IS a VERY good hotel which offers excellent value for money. The location is brilliant, so it’s piece of cake to connect to other parts of town. I love their free shuttle vintage boat that takes you to Sathorn Pier on a very regular basis (more frequent than the Sheraton e.g.), with immediate connection to the MRT. Their pool is one of my favourite in Asia. It’s big, it’s overlooking the Chao Phraya River, it gives a relaxed feeling and yet you can still swim your laps if you want. The restaurants offers top quality. I particularly enjoyed the al fresco buffet dinner, offering a tremendous choice at an affordable price. The hotel wifi is reliable and offers good speed. The rooms are SO spacious and well appointed. Etc.
The second, very important reason for my satisfaction is the feeling you get at the Chatrium. This is a 5*-property, but it has this relaxed, resort like feel, you simply feel at home very quickly. At the Chatrium I always have a holiday feeling, even when I’m there for business purposes. It is “just” the way the Chatrium is… But you will also find out this a largely due to the excellent attitude of the staff. They are simply great ! Wherever you come from, whatever your financial background, whatever your attire, if you stay at the Chatrium you will be treated with respect and kindness. And if you have a sense of humour you won’t be disappointed ! The staff is very efficient and dedicated, but they also love a good laugh. Of course, this also contributes to the friendly holiday feeling of the property ! I truly enjoy their positive attitude !
There is a third reason for my satisfaction. For the third time now, I stayed at the Chatrium with a group of Belgian travellers. They were perfectly happy with their stay AND they all expressed the same positive feelings about the Chatrium ! Their written comments upon returning to Belgium were all very positive too. Of course I was very grateful for this.

The reason I really cherish this property so much as my “second home” in Asia, is that I have never been disappointed by the Chatrium Riverside nor by its staff ! I travelled a lot worldwide and unfortunately I have been disappointed by a number of other properties in Asia and other parts of the world, either due to their exorbitant rates, poor location or – even worse - poor staff quality or attitude. The Chatrium Riverside has only given me positive impressions and feelings so far. This hotel makes you feel welcome and at home. Upon my most recent arrival at the Chatrium, Mr. Chatchawan, the excellent and very dedicated director of rooms couldn’t have put it better when he said “welcome back to your home in Bangkok”…!
Any complaints about the Chatrium ? Not that I could think of. I just wish I could stay there more often !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We are regular visitors to Bangkok and have stayed at several hotels.We found the staff exceptional. They could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The view from our room was breathtaking. Sitting out in the evening with a drink and soaking up the atmosphere was just perfect. Great breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Must have room wth river view.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I booked a non refundable room through the hotel website, a good deal, but the transaction failed to complete and I didn't receive a conformation email. The reservation system is managed by a third party and I was using Chrome. Without a confirmation number I was extremely suspicious that I had been charged and had no proof of the transaction. I sent 6 emails to the hotel asking for confirmation but received no answer. I monitored my credit card and sure enough, 2 weeks later the charge appeared. I then phoned the hotel multiple times, and was hung up on more than once. Eventually I was able to get a confirmation number. Needless to say I was very frustrated and would have cancelled the reservation if I could have. I was not feeling especially gracious upon arriving at the hotel but things improved greatly from the moment of arrival.
The staff were very efficient and warm, more than my usual experiences in Bangkok.
The room was as described on the website, clean, and comfortable.
The wifi may have been the fastest in any hotel I have ever stayed in.
The location is slightly inconvenient, but the river boat has a certain charm.
I would recommend this hotel to travellers.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed here 26 April for three nights with my girlfriend.Good value for money hotel,staff are nice and friendly.The room was large,with a river view.It was clean and modern,but starting to show its age.The pool and gym are very good and clean. The breakfast is very good,great choice of food.We will stay again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed for 4 days and it was great. Good clean modern and the staff were all impeccable.
We have stayed there before and would do so again.
Nice place to stay right on the river, it is active day and night.
Bedrooms are clean and very comfortable

Room Tip: try to get one facing the river, the views are fantastic
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok? Share your experiences!