“Top class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok

You added Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok to your Saves list
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28 Charoenkrung Soi 70 | Bangkholame, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Fully Flexible Room only
Ranked #17 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 4,044 Reviews
Galway, Ireland
“Top class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Chatrium in June for two nights and it was absoluetley perfect. Everything about this hotel just oozes class, from the staff, to the breakfast and the quality of the rooms. We had a room, which was bigger than some apartments, with a river view. It was just amazing, the view from it was breathtaking. The free ferry service down to the local port is an excellent service and you can easily access the rest of the city from there. I only wish that I had more than two nights to spend in it!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Great review! We appreciate the 5 star ratings across the board - and we hope you can return soon and stay a bit longer.

Wishing you a great day ahead.

Adrian Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in chatrium for 3 nights in March. Overall a nice hotel by the river with good view and affordable price compared to other 5-stars in this area. Try to book the river view room if u can. I booked city view as there was no river view room available, thought I could maybe upgrade at check-in but they were all booked out. View must be stunning especially at night. Swimming pool is pretty cool, pretty much just by the river, can be a bit crowded though. Free shuttle boat runs frequent enough to the central pier BTS 5 mins away. The Asiatique night market is within 15 mins walk, a great place to spend the night eat and shop. We went there 2 nights in a row, still haven't covered the entire area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Asiatique is definitely a great place for an easy evening stroll just minutes away from Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok!

Happy to know you have enjoyed your stay and had a remarkable experience with Chatrium! Looking forward to having you back with us soon.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed from 29th of June for two nights. Really enjoyed the hotel's buffet breakfast. We upgraded to a one bedroom which included club membership access. With that you get 2 items laundered daily, late checkout, afternoon tea (including light snacks), evening drinks (incl. alcoholic) with canapes/light finger food. We were able to fill up on all these freebies and didn't end up spending any money on food for 3 days in Bangkok!!!!

The pool is also beautiful, but full of children so if you want to do laps go early in the morning.

The river view from the room was excellent. The room itself was very tastefully decorated with a minimalistic, sort of modern, but homey and elegant feel. Although some parts of the room were very dirty, like the door handles and kitchen cupboard handles. The bathroom wasn't very clean either. The bath was stained and marked and the shower screens were dirty. The view from the shower out the window of the river is impressive and unique. The feather pillows on the bed were not very comfortable. We should've asked for others, but found that sometimes we had to ask for thing 2 or 3 times before they were done and therefore couldn't be bothered.

Overall good location and value for money.

Room Tip: Get a river view!! Upgrading is worth it too!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review - and that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Glad too, that you had the opportunity to enjoy the amenities of club access.

I have taken note of your comment on the cupboard door handles and will rectify them accordingly.

Looking forward to have you back with us soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our daily life is filled with challenges and work stress. Most people are running the "rat-race". Every now and then, its healthy to dive into your own Personal-Fantasy-Realm. Escape reality! For me, it would be spending quality time with my family. Time is limited, time is not free. When I am on a holiday trip, I would like to get the best out of what limited time I have. Some may call it the "Kia-su" spirit of Singapore people. I call it using time wisely.

Time is precious. Wouldn't you agree? Chatrium Hotel made my vacation a memorable one! The check in and check out process was done smoothly and efficiently. You can call for a taxi and wait inside the hotel. Talk about service! This gave me more time to spend with my family. We could sit down comfortable in the waiting hall where there is air-condition. When the taxi is here, the staff would come and inform you.

Security at its highest level. In Chatrium Hotel, I left my CASH on the table and went out the whole day. When I came back to my room, it was super clean and tidy. Room service did their job well. Surprisingly, my CASH was still at the same spot. It was left untouched. If you were to do this somewhere else, I am quite sure your CASH would magically disappear. I had a good laugh with my family thanks to this. We were surprise by the integrity and honesty of the cleaners.

Spectacular view. During the morning, I woke up and washed up. While waiting for my brother to freshen up, I went to the balcony and I was amazed by the view. I could see a plethora of skyscrapers and also the river. PHOTO-TIME!! I had the opportunity to put to good use my panorama mode. Before going to bed, I went again to the balcony. This time it was like a fairy-tale. With all the lights from the buildings and cars, I saw what I saw. THE ETHEREAL HORIZON! I had goosebumps. It felt like I had escaped reality and leap into a world of fantasy!

Food. My brother decided to have his birthday dinner in our hotel room. We were so exhausted from all the shopping and eating at restaurants. He wanted to have a more relaxing dinner. The food was sent up to our room. I expected the food to be just edible since its not from a well known restaurant. But I was dead wrong, the "Pad Thai" was a killer. It was so so sooo nice!

Room size. The size of my hotel room was crazy. For the same price, I would only be getting a quarter of the floor size in Singapore. It was so spacious, I felt like a King!

All in all, the experience I had was perfect. Chatrium Hotel is my Utopia in Bangkok. I love it! I will see you soon Chatrium Hotel, for my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear James,

Falling into fantasy - what a fantastic review of our hotel, Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok. Thank you for taking time out to pen your thoughts and share your experience with others.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Best wishes,
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at the Chatrium in May and were so pleased that we stayed there again when we came back to the city the following month.

Rooms are spacious; if you get a room with the living area and a river view, you may never want to leave. Staff cannot do enough to help you enjoy your stay. Restaurant food is good, but (obviously) a little more pricey than if you eat at a restaurant in the city.

Other reviews offer good advice on getting around via the river or SkyTrain . . . there is plenty to see and do throughout the city but it was always nice to come back to the Chatrium to relax or sit by/swim in the pool. This is also one of more reasonably priced large hotels along the river.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view; also the rooms with the living area (suite?) are huge and may only be a few do...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Appreciate the great review and the tips you wrote for other guests. Very happy to know that you returned again within a month.

Will you be coming back again this year? Please let me know directly at adrian.bro@chatrium.com so I can make the arrangements.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

service, breakfast and room is excelent. especially I can get romm to river view. Breakfast with river view also make me new experience and can make fresh in my think before start activity. I also interest with many type of birds at Bangkok that can remember me with my hobby.

Room Tip: choose room with river view exactly
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the lovely comments, and we look forward to welcome you back to Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok in the not too distant future!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

room is spacious, great river view. shuttle boat make life easier to get anywhere.
it took me half an hour by boat from Taksin Pier to Ta-Chang Pier, visit Grand Palace and around
From Taksin pier, BTS sky train is there to get downtown. no fussy traffic.

Room Tip: I asked for river view, it's great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok! Wishing you a great week ahead.

Adrian Brown

Been to Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok? Share your experiences!