“Tiny rooms at a high standard. Pay as you go style though” 4 of 5 stars

Sleep Withinn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   76 Soi Rambuttri, Khaosan Road, Bangkok 10200, Thailand   |
Ranked #182 of 467 Bangkok B&B and Inns
south Wales
“Tiny rooms at a high standard. Pay as you go style though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hotel is ideally located for Khaosan Road if thats what you really want.

Price was middle of the road for the area but all the extras like Wifi push the price up and the value down.

Rooms were furnished to a high spec altough very compact.

Wifi that was charged for was very slow and weak. We asked to be moved to another room but were told that any hogher floors would provide a worse signal as the router was in reception and our room was 1st floor above recetion.

We ended up checking out early as wifi was a must during this part of our trip as we had many plans to make.

Staff matched the pretencious feel to the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked two rooms (a double and a twin) via booking.com over a month before arrival. Upon check in I was told I was 'being upgraded' to two twin rooms as there were no double rooms left. I stated that I specifically booked a double room and the front desk employee told me to 'push the two beds together'. I again stated I wanted the double room that I booked and the employee wordlessly threw another room key at me across the desk. I found this quite rude. There is a 3% charge for credit card payments. The wifi is not free, but I believe it is somewhere around 100 baht for 10 hours. The double room was 1250 baht, and the twin 1350.

The hotel is very well situated on a road just off Koh San Road, it's a really fun street with bars, restaurants, street vendors with coloured lights and lanterns providing a great atmosphere. Most people on the street we asked knew whee the hotel was so we found it easily. There is a 7/11 and a tour operator directly under the hotel - we arranged a taxi for 4 people to the airport for 450 baht the driver was safe and punctual.

We stayed in room 510. The room itself has a safe and a fridge, the pillows are a little uncomfortable but the air con was fine and not too noisy. The toilet and shower were in the same cubicle but I didn't find this a problem as the water drained quickly. The shower was hot with decent pressure. There was a lot of noise from the club on the street, which wasn't ideal for a pre-flight sleep although our friends in the twin across the hall (room 507) couldn't hear this.

The pool was small and well looked after but there was nobody on duty in this area. I would stay in the hotel again mainly due to location, although I would ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 507 (a twin) could not hear street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Barcelona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

In this year's trip I stayed twice in Sleepwithin as I knew it from other trips.
Unfortunately, the staff of the front desk ruined the good experience from previous stances.
Cleaning staff and specially the guy that helps you with your luggage are really nice.

My bad points:

- The reservations are not keeped as promised. I paid in advance, in the front desk, for one night as I wanted to have the security to have a room there after a long trip one week after. When we arrived at 9:00pm, we were told that they had no rooms available, even it was paid in advance.!. We were relocated to another hotel even our complaints. The room in the other hotel was, naturally, wordst than we paid, facing the music in the street.

- Receptionist are rude and do the minimum. If you ask to keep your receipt or ask for a bill, they complain like it is a great effort. English is also very basic or they play fool with you.

- Wifi is not free, even i's cheap.

- Bed sheets are dirty, we asked to change it and we got more dirty ones. Apparently they didn't have a new set clean.

- Shower and toilet in the same place

- Not the fault of the hotel but impossible to avoid the music until 3am.

My good points:

- The swimming pool is small but good enough to refresh and relax

- The location is good if you like the party, the shopping and the restaurants, but not good to go with family.

All an all, I won't come back ever to this hotel and I would not recommend it until they change the staff in the recepcion (and get new clean bed sheets...)

Room Tip: Take a double room in the back of the hotel, but even that you will hear the music.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Rooms were clean. Staff answered our questions and met our needs, even if not overall friendly. At night we could hear the music from outside, but we enjoyed it (other might not). Especially liked the pool on the roof!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Clearly not true backpacker budget but if you have a slightly higher budget and want a bit of luxury and comfort but still be based in a backpackers location then sleep within is for you. Being on road down from kao San road meant we were still in the heart of the action but could stil get a good night asleep as you don't get much noise from the bars. The room was quite small but immaculate and very comfortable and plenty of space to store your bags so they are out the way. It's modern in design and even has a DVD player. The room was cleaned every day and you get the complimentary bottled water and shampoo bottles replaced daily too. The pool area is a bit small but is very pleasant. We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

First problem started at checkinn when, due to issues with their website, my booking was recorded twice. The staff couldn't seem to understand this and insisted i wanted two rooms. Anyway, after 2 calls by them (presumably for their supervisor), they had me sign a form and write my explanation. Anyway we were able to check in.

The room is tiny, but clean enough. Dvd player in the room, desk, air-con which seemed to continually hibernate in between short sharp loud 5 second bursts of cold air.

The compact bathrrom wasn't as bad as other reviews and i have no issues with it

WIFI is charged extra but only one device can use it at once so if you want to use multiple devices, you need to purchase multiple coupons. When you are not using your device, be sure to type "http://logout." as this effectively stops the clock till you next log-in. it was only on day 3 i realised this (partly my fault, but partly because this hotel explains nothing to you). I paid 100Baht for 10hours

The pool is fine, as per picture and no complaints here

However, as others have said, the noise is extreme if you harbour any hope of sleeping before 3am. I woke up a few times until then... This is the main reason i will not stay again. The bad service was cancelled out by the $40 price tag. But i did sense that the supervisor, upon checkout, made a snide comment to the staff as she had seen me with my long term thai girl-friend.

Walking distance to Phra Arthit pier fir the boat, as well as the Grand Palace, though a parked taxi driver tried the old 'it's closed, but i can take you to a different place' scam. Always better to flag down a taxi or tuk tuk rather than take one that's parked!

Khao San road is over-rated in my eyes. Now i'm 35 i hare the place, adjoining Soi Rambuttri is better, but there are better more interesting places to stay!

Enjoy Bangkok

• Stayed December 2012
Bromley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Was a perfect place for a base, obviously a full range of hotels in the city to suit each budget, but we decided we wanted to be near Khao San Road and the main sightseeing attractions. Small room with ensure shower/wet room, bit strange with a slide patio door to it but did the job. Also had air-con. Room was cleaned as requested and staff attentive and professional. We didn't use the rooftop pool but looked nice, limited space though. All in all justified the £25 a night rate as not as rundown as a lot of the travellers' accommodation in the vicinity.

Room Tip: The bar next door usually has live music through to the early hours so you may want to get a room at...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Withinn? Share your experiences!