“Worth the money, nothing to complain” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vabua Asotel

You added Vabua Asotel to your Saves list
Vabua Asotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   392 Soi Ladprao 130, Ladprao Rd, Bangkok 10240, Thailand (Formerly Vaboir Lodge)   |
Ranked #445 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
3.5 of 5 stars 159 Reviews
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Worth the money, nothing to complain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

the hotel is close the the airport, that why we booked here for our last day in BKK so we couldn't miss our flight the next day. room is spacious for 3 members of my family and so clean (not what i espected for a stopover place like this), hot powerful shower. food in the 24h restaurant are quite delicious, the cozzy bar is ok with a band whose play live. staff are verry friendly, they did asked and gave us the wakeup call for the next day while we was sleep like dead. good hotel, love to stay there again if i back to bkk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Let's be honest, if you're looking at a 390-600 baht per night hotel your expectations shouldn't be too high. What you are getting is a firm bed and pillow, mini fridge, hot shower, a few bugs in your moderately clean room and cold A/C that may smell funny at times - or is that just Bangkok in general? What you won't get is a room at the Swissotel and more than two days worth of wifi connectivity or lobby computer usage. Free tuk tuk is available for short jaunts.

If you take a cab from the airport use the meter, they will try to tell you it's cheaper without and quote you around 3-400 for the trip when in actuality it will take 190-250 depending on traffic. There's not much around the hotel, if you are looking for a good place to eat spot something that is busy - that is usually an indication that the food is edible. You can also head back to Lat Phrao Rd and hang a right with a 10 minute walk to the mall and very busy street markets.

One of the best things you can do for yourself if you plan to stay in Bangkok or Thailand for any period of time is to pick up an AIS sim card for your unlocked phone or tablet. Using the Google maps application is truely indispensable. Not only will it help you to navigate the labyrinth that is Bangkok but you can view bus route numbers in the application itself. If you try to catch the bus information from one of the bus stands or on the bus itself you had better read Thai or you will be SOL. The sim itself is 50 baht with a months worth of 1gb of data only running you 350 all the way to 800 for unlimited (3gb before throttling). Cheap for the peace of mind.

• Stayed December 2012
Pai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I arrived just before midnight from overseas and my domestic connection wasn't until 2 pm the next day. Usually I would take a taxi all the way to Khao San Road area and get a cheap room there. But with the price of a taxi there (500) and a half decent room (400) and a taxi back (500), I figured I'd find a closer place. The taxi to Vaboir was 150 plus 50 airport fee. The room is 700 which included free breakfast (gross American breakfast... or I asked for and received Khao Tom, traditional Thai breakfast of rice soup) and a free cocktail from a free/cheap cocktail list. The hotel is bright, modern, clean, just down the block from 7/Eleven (isn't everything in Thailand?) and the staff is great. I was the only Falang that I saw. On the website it states free Wi/Fi in every room. When I asked for the pass code they tried to sell me minutes for about 10 seconds and then gave me the code for free. I think they used to charge for the cheaper rooms or something so just ask and don't pay. I am not worried it is far from MBK or other shopping areas. The Mall is not too far away if you really need that. But just for an overnight in this huge city, it is perfect. I'll be staying here again in 2 weeks when I have to leave Thailand for home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
goa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

i have booked this property through yatra .com.room was very nice n beautiful n spacious only one thiing in mind if u go for a bussiness trip it is far from main market .other wise nice n beautiful .i stayed there for two day in room no 518 spacious for four of us.getting a taxi from there is a big problem to to main market .but about half a kilometer there is local boat services that can drop u to main markets n r reasonable.hotel has a tuk tuk facility which is free for customer.so no need to worry if u r going with a family nice place as hotel has a travel desk can arrange tour for every one ,and nearby there r tour operators .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Vaboir Lodge was my choice for 4 nights visiting friends in the area.
The positives here are the staff, especially Balloon on Reception.
They were friendly and helpful at all times.
But we did have problems with security.
Another guest opened our locked door with their key - it just happened to fit our door!
We were moved to another room but really this should not happen and it made me feel quite insecure for the rest of our stay.

The room is clean, and cleaned daily.
The hotel is very busy, it has one very small lift and it can be quite a long wait to get the higher floors.
The restaurant is okay. Breakfast was included for us and, with our own extras such as fruit and yoghurt, it was a reasonable start to the day.
The hotel can be quite noisy too. There is a bar downstairs that has a band playing at night. They finish around midnight. Rooms on the bar side of the building have double glazing but still it is quite noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bar side are noisier - try to choose the other side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Birchington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I booked on line through agoda.com the Sinsiri Hotel 396 Ladpraow Road Soi 130 Klongjan in Bangkok and judging by the photos it looked good and the the rooms were cheap. What a mistake! I booked this and payed for 11 nights but after 2 nights my wife and I moved to the Vaboir Lodge Hotel, which was just a few hundred yards from this hotel. I had paid in full for the Sinsiri but did not mind forfeiting the money I had payed to find somewhere decent for the both us. This was to be a special trip for us as my wife is Thai and we were finalising our marriage.
From the time we entered the hotel we found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The restaurant showed a good variety on the menu and the rooms were always so clean. They also had live music at night in the bar area. From a bad start at the Sinsiri, where the staff could not speak any English and showed no comcern to be helpful, to a well managed clean environment and staff that would do all they can for you. Our trip went well and yes, we received our marriage certificate after a lot of travelling to and fro from Emabssy to translaters to Thai offices. Oh, and the meter taxis were cheap and also offered a good service. Do not take the limousine vehicles from the hotels unless you want to throw your money away.. the price to the airport by limousine was 500 bht, the price by meter taxi was just under 200 bht!! Thank you Vaboir Lodge. We have more business to complete in Bangkok in a few months and will be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vabua Asotel? Share your experiences!