“Great family stay in bangkok central area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments

Save Saved
You added Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments to your Saves list
Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Sathorn Soi 3, South Sathorn Road | Thungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Ranked #38 of 751 hotels in Bangkok
Bangalore, India
“Great family stay in bangkok central area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lovely residential hotel for family stay in bangkok. Its slightly far for the BTS station but very much walkable; about 20 minutes or catch a taxi/tuk-tuk. The rooms and well appointed and nice to have the full furnished kitchen. The staff is willing to help out and are prompt. There can be occasional issue with English speaking but we find that issue in other places in Thailand.

If you are booking through marriot site directly; late booking here is also fine because we did not see much increase in the rates.

Room Tip: the higher the better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have now stayed at this hotel several months in a row during the last three years.
We like the location and do enjoy the walk to Sala Deng.
We do nowadays make our own breakfast and that suits us fine.
We appreciate the size of the room, the fully equipped kitchen and the Washing machine and the Dryer. The beds are according our experience the best we ever have had during our more than 30 years of traveling. The Gym we do appreciate and the staff does its best to clean up after those that have no manners and no consideration at all.

To become an excellent hotel fully, the following suggestion could be consider:
Free WiFi for all guests also in the rooms.
Change the Sofas. They are very uncomfortable and the white color does not look clean.
Have plates and cutleries be based upon 4 persons in a one bed room apartment
Make the whole hotel smoke free not forgetting the pool.
The TV reception is a bit misty and should be looked into.
Decorations in the room should be looked into as well. Sometimes there are paintings sometimes not. Some are big some are too small.

The service is very good and faults if any are amended very quickly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SGP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We are currently staying here from 2 May 2013 - 6 May 2013. This year vacation with my family members made up of 4 adults and 1 toddler of 18 months. As a family unit it was important we stay close together for better bonding & so that we can look out for each other also. In the past we tend to book separate rooms which was not v logistic planning friendly.

We booked the Marriot Executive Apartment - 2 bedroom apartment comprising of 1 kingsize bedroom and 1 queensize bedroom. Do take note their maximum guests per their "hotel policy" is 3 adults. Thus for the 4th guests, we need pay extra. Our toddler though stay for free and get a baby cot which can be accommodate by the king size bed room.

Concierge were v attentive and helpful in arranging for taxi and translating to Thai cabby our destinations. Getting things we needed such as detergent for washing machine. Yes, service apartment has attaching washing machine and dryer. We would throw our dirty clothes into our washing machine and dryer and went shopping and we are back we have cleaning clothing waiting for us when we return.

In my humble opinion, food was rather standard. I didn't really like the ambience of their restaurant. In fact, it look rather gloomy and dark. I prefer a more lively lighting for meals. Breakfast was not inclusive for us and we need to pay for this. Food was average and typical of breakfast you find in hotels. The menu like didn't change - We like having the same items every day...

Furnitures like sofas are pretty old - Felt that Marriot could really look into this aspect. Some tables and chairs were chipped too. No free wifi. You can choose from hourly tier, weekly tier, 2 week tier or 4 week tier. I felt most accommodations in BKK & regional provide for wifi these days and that they should throw in wifi to give the good will to clients...

Conclusion:
Overall good stay here. Though more expensive MEA did provide me some flexibility in our family trip logistic planning. if i am traveling as a couple with my wife or traveling solo... Marriot Executive Apt is not worth the money. I would rather go and look for hotels near Bangkok Center which I believe will be more value for moneys and more tourists benefits like wifi and breakfast inclusive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed in Marriott Sathorn Vista for eight days in April and all in all we can say that it was a pretty positive experience. The apartment was a bit smaller than what we imagined, the second bedroom is pretty compact but the master bedroom was spacious. The kitchen was adequate although we didn't cook because we could get pretty good street food outside on the actual road that the hotel is on. Just keep walking down and you will find typical Thai street fayre which was cheap and tasty.
The location of the hotel was good, we could get everywhere pretty easily although the walk to the skytrain was quite long and hot for a 4 year old so we only did that a couple of times and then just took cabs from the hotel.
We were reasonably close to all the malls and can recommend Siam Paragon for kids as it has an aquarium in the basement and a cinema upstairs as well as good food courts and restaurants.
Overall, our stay was good and we had no complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LED
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I chose this apartment complex because I needed to be close to the Lumpinee area, and the Sathorn Vista had very good reviews. I traveled solo and only stayed two nights at their one-bedroom apartment. Although my stay was pleasant, I would now most likely choose the neighboring Sukhothai for a short-term stay in the same area.

The apartments afforded me extra space and had great facilities (full kitchen, washing machine and dryer, etc), but I didn't really require either for a 2-night stay. The furniture was great but some looked rather worn and 'budget'. The bed and the bathroom, however, were wonderful.

I also found the location to be less than ideal for MRT/BTS, and you would probably need to catch a taxi/motorbike taxi to get to them. In addition, I once had to visit another Marriott property on the way to the Sathorn Vista because my taxi driver insisted there was no Marriott there, where I happened to be staying; even when shown the card with the address and map in Thai, provided by the reception staff upon my arrival, he still believed he knew better where I was going. A piece of advice: make sure you present the address card to your taxi driver and insist on them taking you to Sathorn.

Overall, my stay was not unpleasant but, as a solo traveller, I would probably prefer a good hotel experience for stay of under a week.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you truly need an apartment for your business or pleasure travel needs, this is a good property to consider. It is a well-run property to Marriott's high standards.

I had a spacious one bedroom apartment. Large kitchen, laundry closet, dining area, living room, large bedroom and bathroom with separate shower and bathtub.

I thought it would be a nice change to arrive home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. The thought of the extra space and a washer and dryer for the same price of similar hotels was what made me decide to book here for the final few days of a month long stay in Thailand.

For me, as a single traveler, on a short stay, the space was wasted. Also, as a Gold Elite member, the trade off of spacious apartment for lack of Executive Lounge with cocktail hour and morning breakfast was not worth it. I would prefer the nightly evening in the lounge and morning breakfast over the space of an apartment.

The term "executive" apartment conjures up visions of business travelers to me. however, you will find this property has many families with children. Also, appears to have many families in transition and using the apartment for longer stays. You will find the children's play room full at 5pm!

If you are a family with smaller children on holiday, you might find the extra space useful, however, the location for holiday travelers isn't ideal. If you plan to use the MRT or BTS, you will have to take a taxi to them. Otherwise it is a long, hot walk. Bangkok sidewalks are difficult to negotiate and it will be doubly so with children to care for. I took a motorbike taxi to the BTS.

If you are a business traveler on a long stay, a month or more, or a family with small children and an apartment is what you need, this is a beautiful, well run property. However, if you don't truly need an apartment, or are an Elite member who likes the perks offered at a "full service" Marriott hotel, I would consider staying elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were a party of 8 and took up two 2 bed room apartments - from start to finish, it was a most enjoyable, welcoming and warm stay for 2 nights. Great location and facilities. Breakfast was awesome and set us up for the day. Highly recommended for business or pleasure stays.
Full marks to all staff.
Pradeep Thatai

Room Tip: High floor looking towards the main road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments? Share your experiences!