Having spent much time on TripAdvisor and other websites reviewing various residences/service apartments in Bangkok, we settled on MEA SA for it's family friendly appeal (we have a 16 month old toddler), price and quality.
We stayed in a 2 Bedroom suite on the North-West and North-East corner of the building on the 15th floor. In summary, we enjoyed our stay and found the apartments satisfactory, the staff pleasant, and the facilities of a high standard. For more detail, see below.
We generally consider the following key attributes when reviewing/appraising an acommodation:
Facilities/ Amenities: MEA Sathorn Vista is low on quantity and high on quality. That is, in addition to the rooms, the facilities are limited to a gym and swimming pool area, a children's playroom, and one bar and a restaurant (Momo). Everything is immacutaly clean throughout the premises. Gym, pool and kid's room are all on the 5th floor next to each other. Gym seems well equipped. Kid's playroom has a small slide, some soft building blocks, a few moulded rocking horses, and some interactive toys. There are also many books and a "babyfoot" table football for the older children.
Software (service): All of the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. You do need to be very specific and clear with requests, as there wasn't much initiative demonstrated by the staff generally. For example, dish washing liquid and clothes, and dishwasher machine powder are all available (the apartments have a well-equipped kitchen). But when we checked in, no-one told us it was available (i don't why they don't put them in the room for you as standard) or offered them. We had to ask for each item.
Noise (Internal and External): For us, this is a key attribute because we generally associate quiet with relaxation and calm, and we clearly prefer a quieter experience. Given that we were on the north-west side of the building, we were closest to the main Thanon Sathorn Tai road. This is a 3-4 lane dual carriageway that gets pretty jammed in rush hours and as you would imagine has a heavy amount of traffic. The apartments are double glazed thankfully, and so noise external noise was not overly intrusive generally. I note that the smaller bedroom on the NW side (closest to road) and the bathroom (on the corner) were noisier than i would generally like. The main bedroom on the NE side was totally fine. Form inside the building, there were no sounds from other apartments (i don't whether that's because there was no-one there or whether good insulation). Within the apartment itself we found the air-conditioning to be quite noisy. Particularly in the master bedroom and the living/dining area. My take is that units are quite old. Perhaps an area worth considering for improvement. A small grumble is that the air conditioning unit in the living/dining area had an unpleasant smell that didn't feel terribly healthy.
Location: Getting there - from the airport, given we were arriving late at night and with a toddler, we had ordered a car pickup. Choice is Toyota Camry or equivalent, or a commuter van. Given we had a lot of luggage we opted for the van. It was about a 30-40 minute ride. If you use this service, make sure you get information from the hotel about WHERE to meet. We didn't, and ended up walking quite some way from the arrivals exit to the meeting point (not ideal). And there was no-one with a name board, i had to find the MArriott representative. This was much less than i had expected and frankly not very well organised. Again, this to me is an example of staff being pleasant and friendly, but not thinking about customer expectations.
The hotel felt somewhat out of town. There were small local shops and a market nearby, the substantial BNH Hospital is right across the main road over a footbridge (which proved convenient with a small child with persistent high temperatures) - they have a basic children's ward and paediatric facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments, you will enjoy the convenience of full-service Bangkok 5-star hotel facilities with the space, ambiance and privacy of residential living. Unique among 5-star hotels in Bangkok, our completely furnished apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen, housekeeping services, storage facilities, appliances, including washers and dryers, ovens and coffee makers, and 24-hour staffing, making our lodging appropriate for any length of stay. Enjoy Thai and international cuisine at our all-day-dining restaurant, MoMo Cafe, or unwind in our outdoor saltwater pool. Premier among Bangkok 5-star hotels, we offer meeting space options for intimate events. Located in the heart of the vibrant central business district, our 5-star hotel in Bangkok is conveniently accessible and near businesses, embassies, hospitals, recreation, shopping and entertainment facilities. Sala Daeng BTS Skytrain and Lumpini MRT Subway station are both within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok