“Relaxing stay in spacious apartment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments

You added Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments to your Saves list
Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Sathorn Soi 3, South Sathorn Road | Thungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Pride and Joy Package
Ranked #37 of 778 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Victoria
“Relaxing stay in spacious apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband and I spent three nights in a very pleasant, spacious apartment on the 17th floor. We asked for a quiet room and thus our room faced the luxurious apartment building next door - it was some distance away and we did not feel hemmed in. Our room was one bedroom (with a very comfortable mattress), bathroom (with separate shower room), spacious lounge and dining room, an 'as new' kitchen, and another area containing a washing machine, dryer and ironing board. I arrived home with almost no dirty washing.

It was lovely being able to spread out, relax and organise ourselves, after being on the road for three weeks. We'd definitely stay here again. I particularly appreciated the free and unlimited bottles of water which were brought to our room on request.

We enjoyed a couple of good meals at the spacious Thai restaurant which was almost opposite and on a busy corner. As you walk towards the overhead railway system, you'll pass a good Indian restaurant (in a laneway almost opposite a christian church) and an Italian restaurant with surprisingly good pizza just a little further down the street. Numerous '7/11' type stores are also along this street.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is the second time that I have stayed at this property in the last 6 months. I brought my spouse with me so she could enjoy Bangkok while I was here on business. This was a 24 day trip for me, of which my spouse stayed for 10. We paid about 150.00 Canadian a night the room, breakfast for two and internet.

After staying here a second time, we are even more impressed with the level of personal service, comfort and value that one receives at this property. While we were in town, I celebrated my 36th birthday. The staff from the restaurant and front desk came up to our room with a piece of cheesecake and a birthday card that many of the staff had signed. I felt this was a very touching and personal gesture.

As my last review of this property points out, the rooms are huge, spacious and have everything you need for a long term, or a very comfortable short term, stay. We stayed in room 2602, which had a different configuration than the last room I stayed in. It offered views of the neighborhood and the river off in the distance.

We ate a LOT of room service, nearly everything on the menu. My business hours left me with little time to go out and experience the restaurants in the area, as I needed to participate in conference calls with our office during Bangkok dinner time. There was also a mexican promotion on at the Momo Cafe. The food options were pretty good considering you are eating mexican cuisine on the other side of the world! The menu choices are varied and you can find something to eat no matter your mood. There are also lots of "western" items to choose from for those who are a little wary of various Asian cuisine. We noticed, however, that the Asian options are much cheaper than the western ones. Something to consider!

The pool and gym areas got a lot of use by the two of us. The rooftop pool is a fantastic way to cool down after a hot day. It was hot even for this time of year (46 degrees C with the humidex).

We did one of the tours that the concierge has at the desk through B. E. Tours. The tour itself was great, until the very end. We were taken to a "government gem store", apparently the largest gem store on earth. Which was fine, but the pamphlet was not very forthcoming about ending the tour in a high-ish pressure sale gem store. So, if you want to get a private tour that's a great value, be prepared to give about 30 minutes of your time to a gem tour, video and shopping experience.

Also, here is a little lesson for those of you who may travel with small appliances (in our case, a humidifier): since Bangkok runs on a 220V (with US and Canadian appliances running on 110V), even if you have an international adapter, the 220V is too much for a little Canadian humidifier and it will burn out in mere moments. This was a bit of an embarrassing situation for my spouse, who had lugged this humidifier halfway around the world for us to use while in Bangkok.Check to see if your appliance has variable voltage rates FIRST. However, there are panels at the desks where you can plug your laptop or blackberry in (which are variable), without adapters.

This trip really solidified for us that the Marriot Sathorn Vista is our go-to property when traveling to Bangkok. I will be back later this summer!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

check in was the only problematic part of the stay - the room we requested was not available so then we were offered a alternate smaller room at a reduced rate which we took since we had no other options - I was told bangkok was running short of rooms in the city center due to a large convention taking place. overall nice hotel /apartment complex - location not to bad with free tuk tuk to the main road next to the sky train station. nice spacious rooms with good functional appliances. close to a 7 eleven.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

Date: 16 Jan 2011

We booked this hotel for our weekend stay in Bangkok to see some friends visiting from the uk.

We have stayed at many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs. Price-wise Marriott Executive Apartments - Sathorn Vista, Bangkok, is on par with these better-class hotels.

The staff were more than friendly and the services they provided was 2nd to none. Being part of the Marriott group you know what to expect from the fantastic dining and staff training. My only gripe would be that it was slightly high end on the budget for the overall experience. In the afternoon, the staff would happily serve food outside at the rooftop pool, which has an amazing whirlpool and really was fantastic and great fun for my friends kids.

The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and the distance to Patpong and the BTS skytrain was about a 5 min tuk tuk ride or 15-20 min stroll. Bangkok underground was also very close by which made easy cheap air conditioned access to the amazing Chatachuk weekend market.

Marriott Executive Apartments - Sathorn Vista, Bangkok is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends if money is no object. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
zagreb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

we stayed here in a 3 bedroom apartment and it was really very nice and spacious. the pool area also has a nice play area for the kids. the location is very safe and central. very good in total.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I stayed here for 26 days on business and it met all my needs. I'd tried staying in other hotels on previous trips which were inferior and 30% more expensive. I just wish I'd found it earlier. I had the 1 bed executive suite which I could happily have stayed in for 3 months. The Banyan tree is 5 minutes walk away if you want a fabulous steak and views of the city from their open air restaurant/bar. I spend 65% of my time on the road and this is one of the best ever and amazing value. The staff were incredibly helpful and efficient at all times; they even remembered I needed my own wifi hub from a 1 day stay 2 weeks earlier.

Room Tip: Ask for xx07 rooms facing away from the main road
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We decided to pick Marriot as our home for 4D 3N after going through several reviews. I must agree that it's exactly how it was shown in traveler photos. Clean sheets, bathrooms, and full amenities of a home [in my opinion].

Apart from that, I coudln't agree more on how helpful and courteous the staff were. I had an incident when a cab driver decided to try his luck in demanding for THB150 for a short journey from Central World back to the service apartment on a Sunday afternoon which he has agreed to go by the meter earlier and decided to change his mind mid-way through the journey. Since I had no small change, the cab driver demanded me to get change from the concierge and I explained the issue to Tao who at that time was on duty. As a tourist, I felt that it was a rip off as the journey from Central World back will not cost more than THB80. I am grateful to Tao and Kwan who came to my aid. At the end, Tao explained calmly to the cab driver and we came to an agreement whereby I agreed to pay THB80. Problem solved!

Next, the facilities provided are good. The gym and pool area is well taken care with no funny stench in the gym and best part the pool is a salt water pool. Sure helps to aid tired body after a whole day of walking and shopping. Security is tight and best part is the service apartment is located in a quiet corner of Sathorn Road Soi 3, away from the hustle and bustle near the embassies and 5mins away from our Malaysian Embassy. The staff will also assist in getting a cab, and we are not required to hail our own cab.

Things to Work On:

Something to work on is probably the breakfast spread. Perhaps a little more variety is good. Also, a certain waiter on 28/03/2011 morning needs to improve his customer service skills as he should not choose to serve customers with different standards.

Being Malaysians and of a similar skin colour to the locals, we found that he displayed a certain biasness when he was serving some Americans who were seated at a table close to ours. He carefully laid out the utensils for them and immediately served them their coffee/tea without any delays. As for our hot drinks, we had to call the waiter several times before we got them.

He probably needs to exude more warmth (irregardless of nationality and skin colour) and learn the art of hospitality from the concierge personnel, whose service levels were impeccable.

Despite its cons, I would definitely return to Marriott in a heartbeat. The next time I return (probably later this year), I just hope that the breakfast would have improved.

Once again THANK YOU Tao and Kwan for your hospitality [if you do read the reviews here]

Regards,
Joanna Tham (25-28 March 2011, Room 2805)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends