“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Silom - Crown Tower

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Holiday Inn Silom - Crown Tower
93/1 Wireless Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330,, Bangkok, Thailand   |
Ranked #251 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This sister hotel to holiday inn golden mile offers same excellence. Lovely hotel
Newly refurbished rooms and a lovely club lounge. All the staff are attentive and very pleasant . The Indian restaurant in the hotel is very good and not bad value for money

Definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2013

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

V good service and very nice refurbished rooms.
Executive club worth the extra
Free beer on happy hour and breakfast.
Good choices .on buffet.
Acknowledged Ambassador members and returning customers to hotel.

Room Tip: Executive floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read. If I was to make the decision again, I would choose a new hotel.

The hotel is in an amazing location, but that is probably the only positive point I can find.

Normal check-in time is 14.00. I knew my flight was arriving earlier and requested early check-in. I was traveling with two other people and we each had our own room. We arrived only to discover one room was ready. They couldn't give us an estimate of when the other rooms would be ready. We had been traveling for a long time and wanted to check-in to take a nap and shower. After waiting a couple hours, they called housekeeping to see if they could clean the rooms for us. They told us to go eat breakfast and come back in an hour. We did this and came back an bout later only to discover the rooms still weren't ready. I was told check-in was at 14.00 and to come back then! Why do they offer early check-in if they don't honor it?

The morning I arrived there was Internet in the lobby, but it quit working again until the next morning. I had to find somewhere with internet in I went to breakfast the first morning of my arrival. The lady at the front if the room greeted me and asked my room number. She Saud thanks and I went on my way. After I had my breakfast on my plate and sat down, a server came over to bring me a bill for my breakfast. Since this is Thailand one would expect the breakfast to be fairly priced, but not here. The bill was 659 baht (22 usd) for one breakfast. Had I known it would cost so much, I would have not eaten there. I feel I should have been told before sitting down the meal wasn't included in my room rate. I will be sure to avoid the breakfast for the rest of my stay.

Although this is a budget friendly hotel, this literally covers the bed you sleep in. You must pay extra for all the things that are typically complimentary like Internet and breakfast. Make sure you account for this when planning your stay.

• Stayed April 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in March. Checked in at 3 PM. Room not ready until 6 PM. Staying with my wife and getting a second key was a significant problem, even though they have no key drop service. Took 4 trips to desk and talking with 4 people. Oddly, we were told they would make an exception for us. I say oddly because my sister in law was staying by herself at a room down the hall and was given 2 keys on check in.
My wife is Thai so this was no language problem.

Rooms comfortable but well worn. Had to request towels once. Number of housekeepers appears inadequate, and i have some experience in this area.
F&B adequate. Breakfast buffet good. Front desk staff friendly
Took a tour that was booked in lobby and enjoyable, but they do not accept credit cards for bookings.
Using house phone to request service takes patience. Many, many rings before being answered. Responsive after you get someone.
Of all these points, the reason I will probably book elsewhere next trip is because they charge for internet in room. And it is not available in lobby. And it requires you to go through a renewal process every 24 hours.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Who knew Holiday Inn could feel like a 5 star resort!? I was attending a conference here and was amazed by the spectacular food. Sometimes I skip breakfast, but not here. Lunch was a full buffet including sushi, carving station and several different entrees, not to mention a fabulous dessert spread! During the conference we had morning and afternoon tea breaks which were beyond spoiling. They even had a juicing station for fresh juice! The rooms are nice and comfortable, and I wanted to steal the pillows. A perfect venue for conferences! Just be careful of all of the jewelry shops nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for three nights, good price through hotels.com. About 10 minute walk to the sky train, and handy for Patpong, and about 20 minute walk to the River and the ferry boats.
The hotel itself has a nice large foyer, but found the rooms in need of a bit of a refurb, nice bed, below par bathroom.
The best thing is the unreal breakfast which was a buffet and was really brilliant. The service was good whenever we needed help they were there. Checked in ok as well, as arrived at 8.30am after a long flight and they had a room for us by 9.30am.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good hotel, even though our room was not ready at 2pm when we checked in.
It is almost done for business men. Rooms are clean quite but not so modern.
Breakfast was excellent. Emirates Crew stop there weekly for a night, sounds good to hang out with them when they are partying anywhere around Bangkok.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Silom - Crown Tower? Share your experiences!