“A good central choice in Bangkok” 4 of 5 stars

President Palace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #161 of 755 Hotels in Bangkok
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“A good central choice in Bangkok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I spent one night at the President Palace Hotel in Bangkok after my week at the Tara Court Hotel in Pattaya (see seperate review). I had booked a room on the club floor but on check in my reservation seemed to have gone missing, this however was not a problem and was sorted out with the minimum of fuss by the excellent staff in the club lounge, they even arranged for me to have a late checkout the next day so that I could use the room right up until I had to leave for the airport.

The deluxe room was huge with a separate seating area, the double bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had both a rainfall shower and a bathtub - so the best of both worlds, there was also a nice range of toiletries provided. One thing I did note was that the range of TV channels was rather limited compared to the large number available at Tara Court where I had stayed the previous week.

The hotel has a good range of facilities and even has a Starbucks in the lobby which I made full use of. The location is excellent being on Sukhumvit soi 11, a lively street with a large variety of shops, bars, spa's and restaurants and there are always taxis available in the street outside should you need one.

All in all a very good hotel which I would not hesitate to recommend to travelers to Bangkok.

I must also give great credit to the lady who was working on the main reception desk downstairs when I arrived, a very unpleasant gentleman was literally screaming at her about a reservation problem (one could not help but hear all the detail as he was shouting so loudly) it appeared that one of the large booking agencies had messed up his reservation to the hotel, so what the poor lady on reception was supposed to do I dont know. Even though the lady was obviously almost in tears from the ranting of this bully she kept her calm and was professional throughout - I was most impressed as I dont think I would have put up with being shouted at like that.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is my 2nd stay in President Palace, staff were not helpful most of the time. We were kind of invisible upon arrival to the hotel, the Frontdesk didn't notice us as there were 2 of them who were attending to a guest, I repeat, a guest. the 2nd Frontdesk Agent only noticed us after a couple of minutes, check-in was slow and a hassle. Hotel seems to be short on staff, English was lacking, they had difficulty understanding simple question and requests.

We were given a smoking room on the 5th floor, near to the elevator and next to service lift, we could hear doors banging, people walking along the corridor and all their communications.

We called the Frontdesk and requested for a late check out art 2pm, she was somehow reluctant but the request was granted though. There were no further instructions about the late check out request, so the next morning I approach the Frontdesk to reconfirm my late check out request just to make sure that everything is in order however the lady at the Frontdesk did not acknowledge me nor my question but instead, she attended another guest who was behind me for check out.

Nevertheless, above all these, hotel location was alright, accessibility is fine, price was okay, hotel was clean, furniture in the room was rather old, we were given a complimentary late check-out and last but not least, we do appreciate some of the assistance we receive from your Guest Services Team or Bellman, not forgetting the Housekeepers and those from Champions Bar & Restaurant too.

***It seems that the feedback I wrote on my first stay was not read or attended too as I encountered the same experience as my first stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RamiNuek, General Manager at President Palace Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Yana_Rahim

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of President Palace Hotel. I was glad to read that you were happy with the location and it's accessibility as well as the services of a select few. However, I am of course disappointed that the second time around, we still did not seem to be able to meet your expectations. I have spoken to the respective department heads on service levels, response times etc...and to see what is required to ensure there is no repeat.

I apologise for not getting back to you the first time around and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to make it right. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me personally when you next plan a trip to Bangkok. I can be reached at gm@presidentpalacehotel.com.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great location, so much happening in Soi 11 after dark !!!!
Very clean maintained room. We had previously stayed and on our return we were upgraded to a suite, which had a larger bathroom and a larger sitting area. Fabulous comfy bed. Breakfast restaurant was a little dated and doubles as a bar at night.
Plenty of soccer memorabilia which really is not my thing when eating breakfast !!
Concierge staff most helpful however the front office staff very unfriendly
not a smile to be seen !
Pool and gym facilities were well appreciated.
Not sure if we would return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked this hotel due to its high ratings and reasonable price, it was a bad mistake. The concierge/ bell boys were all very friendly and accommodating, except for the front desk ladies, no smiles, poor english and looked like they wanted to go home.

I was given an "upgrade" as there were no more standard rooms available. The room was so dusty and dirty (blood stains on bed sheets) I almost had an asthma attack within 20 minutes being inside it. I tried to explain the situation to the front ladies and even told them I couldn't breath in there, they looked at me like I had three heads. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Nice and big rooms, and just a short walk from Nana BTS. Soi 11 is a street with a lot of restaurants and hotels, so a perfect spot for a holiday. The breakfast buffet is good, and I also like the relaxing pool in the backyard. I stay at this hotel every time i go to Bangkok

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RamiNuek, General Manager at President Palace Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Tendenfan

Thank you for your 5 star review of President Palace Hotel. We are very pleased to read that you choose to return here every time you travel to Bangkok; returning guests says it all.

Once again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I booked this hotel based on a friends recommendation as well as reading reviews. The Visa 20% off special made this even better value. We took a club room and that was the best choice of all.

A Club room booking means one checks in separately at the 16th floor. The concierge escorted us up and we were met by Jenny who made us welcome and processed our reservation. We arrived at 9 but a room was made available.

She escorted us to our room and explained what was included. The rooms are not fancy but are very comfortable and functional. Breakfast was at the Club Lounge, the lattes's are awesome as also the omelettes. The club lounge is also good for getting work done.

Internet access is included but you need a separate log in for each ID. YOu just need to ask for an additional user ID. We were there during the coup. Jenny and team were able to advise us about the situation and advised us to ensure we head back to the area by 7 PM

As Nana is fairly vibrant, we could walk out and get dinner easily

We also could check out late which was a great help

Issues - none really, the Innova from the airport cost us THB450 but the concierge could only get a similar vehicle back for THB800. Unless I went out and found a similar sized car, I had no other choice.

Pillows are rubber based. I am allergic to latex

All in all, I would recommend this hotel highly as a value for money place. It is not a place to chill out in but as a place to get back and relax. It served us well. Club rooms are recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the club rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

my first visit to the palace was in dec 13 where i found the staff from reception to concierge and finally the champions bar and rest. were very friendly and helpful, the room i stayed in was very comfortable and spacious and very clean, serviced every day and the meals that they had in the champions was very good as well. when i left the hotel i promised i would return and returned i did in april ,14 in time for there songkren i hope i spelt correctly and when i arrived the warm welcome and smiles were there as if i had gone out for a day. in fact it was 4 months later i returned and i will be returning again later this year around october and the welcome and smiles will be there again,i have been to bangkok many times and i have always tried to stay in one hotel every time but the president palace is very close to everything you need public transport to with in walking distance of the night life to anything you desire, i am looking forward to my next stay at this hotel i have made many friends there in my last 2 visits and i am looking forward to catch up with them soon take care to all

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear mickey562

Thank you for choosing President Palace Hotel and we are very pleased to read that you found the place be clean and comfortable and staff friendly and helpful.

We are so glad to hear that you will be returning and we very much look forward to welcoming you back. And once again, thank you for such positive feedback.

Rami Nuek

Been to President Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!