“Horrible stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of President Palace Hotel

You added President Palace Hotel to your Saves list
President Palace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Sukhumvit)   |
Ranked #223 of 806 Hotels in Bangkok
New York City, New York, USA
“Horrible stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked this hotel due to its high ratings and reasonable price, it was a bad mistake. The concierge/ bell boys were all very friendly and accommodating, except for the front desk ladies, no smiles, poor english and looked like they wanted to go home.

I was given an "upgrade" as there were no more standard rooms available. The room was so dusty and dirty (blood stains on bed sheets) I almost had an asthma attack within 20 minutes being inside it. I tried to explain the situation to the front ladies and even told them I couldn't breath in there, they looked at me like I had three heads. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank oceanbreezex3

Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Nice and big rooms, and just a short walk from Nana BTS. Soi 11 is a street with a lot of restaurants and hotels, so a perfect spot for a holiday. The breakfast buffet is good, and I also like the relaxing pool in the backyard. I stay at this hotel every time i go to Bangkok

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
RamiNuek, General Manager at President Palace Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Tendenfan

Thank you for your 5 star review of President Palace Hotel. We are very pleased to read that you choose to return here every time you travel to Bangkok; returning guests says it all.

Once again, thank you for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Rami Nuek
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I booked this hotel based on a friends recommendation as well as reading reviews. The Visa 20% off special made this even better value. We took a club room and that was the best choice of all.

A Club room booking means one checks in separately at the 16th floor. The concierge escorted us up and we were met by Jenny who made us welcome and processed our reservation. We arrived at 9 but a room was made available.

She escorted us to our room and explained what was included. The rooms are not fancy but are very comfortable and functional. Breakfast was at the Club Lounge, the lattes's are awesome as also the omelettes. The club lounge is also good for getting work done.

Internet access is included but you need a separate log in for each ID. YOu just need to ask for an additional user ID. We were there during the coup. Jenny and team were able to advise us about the situation and advised us to ensure we head back to the area by 7 PM

As Nana is fairly vibrant, we could walk out and get dinner easily

We also could check out late which was a great help

Issues - none really, the Innova from the airport cost us THB450 but the concierge could only get a similar vehicle back for THB800. Unless I went out and found a similar sized car, I had no other choice.

Pillows are rubber based. I am allergic to latex

All in all, I would recommend this hotel highly as a value for money place. It is not a place to chill out in but as a place to get back and relax. It served us well. Club rooms are recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the club rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ajmatu
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

my first visit to the palace was in dec 13 where i found the staff from reception to concierge and finally the champions bar and rest. were very friendly and helpful, the room i stayed in was very comfortable and spacious and very clean, serviced every day and the meals that they had in the champions was very good as well. when i left the hotel i promised i would return and returned i did in april ,14 in time for there songkren i hope i spelt correctly and when i arrived the warm welcome and smiles were there as if i had gone out for a day. in fact it was 4 months later i returned and i will be returning again later this year around october and the welcome and smiles will be there again,i have been to bangkok many times and i have always tried to stay in one hotel every time but the president palace is very close to everything you need public transport to with in walking distance of the night life to anything you desire, i am looking forward to my next stay at this hotel i have made many friends there in my last 2 visits and i am looking forward to catch up with them soon take care to all

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mickey562
Dear mickey562

Thank you for choosing President Palace Hotel and we are very pleased to read that you found the place be clean and comfortable and staff friendly and helpful.

We are so glad to hear that you will be returning and we very much look forward to welcoming you back. And once again, thank you for such positive feedback.

Kind regards

Rami Nuek
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was our third visit to the President Palace Hotel, and once again we were not disappointed. We travelled from Koh Samui to meet my stepdaughter & her husband who were visiting Thailand for the first time. We had booked into the Club Rooms and on arrival we were upgrade, ( it was my stepdaughter's 40th Birthday) so this went down really well. I cannot praise the staff and management enough they were fantastic thank you very much for a wonderful stay. The only comment I would make is the rooms are looking a bit dated, but were very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay in the Club Rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JHARSUGUDA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Decent property and great location, walking distance from nana bts station, well maintained pool. Only upset due to very few options for veggies in buffet breakfast. Rooms are spacieous and comfertable, strong wifi signals.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May 2014 and it's the first time I have stayed here. I have stayed in plenty of hotels in Bangkok before and I believe this to be good value in the heart of Sukhumvit. The rates I got thru TA were very good also. The rooms were spacious and clean, though starting to look slightly worn, this didn't make any difference. The only thing noticeable was that the curtains probably needed a little repair. The bed was very comfortable, which after a day or walking, sightseeing or shopping is very important. The bathroom was clean and large also. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and courteous. I had an incident with the delivery of an important package that was badly handled by the concierge, however once I reported the incident it was quickly and efficiently handled by the hotel. Location is good soi 11 in Sukhumvit with Nana BTS station right at the end of the soi for easy access to public transport. And for the football (or soccer) nuts it's also home to the Champions bar/restaurant which is all about Man. United. Overall it was really good value for money in the location and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends