“total disapointment old & dirty rooms Poor management” 1 of 5 stars

President Palace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #151 of 751 hotels in Bangkok
Los Angeles, California
“total disapointment old & dirty rooms Poor management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here in May. Do not believe what you read. The rooms are very old and worn. Rooms not clean and smelly. Poor customers services from front desk and manager.
My room was not made up all day and when I called two times they finally came and cleaned the room at 11PM.
Be aware of the concierge.

This property located in a busy street. Never again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RamiNuek, General Manager at President Palace Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear samworld

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was such a disappointment and you have my sincere apologies; most of our guests find our rooms to be clean and comfortable and staff generally friendly.

With regards to the location, Sukhumvit Soi 11 is a very trendy street and a hive of activity, a place that appeals to many though certainly not all.

Once again, I apologise, and have shared your comments with the team so that we can continually improve our standard of service and facilities.

1,129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Johnstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

was my first time in thailand and loved it President Palace was very central for train links shopping eating out and so on ~ President Palace is on a busy street but never hear and nosie from outside had a fab stay ~Suvarnabhumi Airport is a 40-minute drive from the hotel would stay again

Swindon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This review is my opinion on the hotel

For the most part a pleasant clean and reasonably priced hotel located in the heart of the sukhumvit area with a nice pool
This was the 3 rd time we have stayed here and in the past I have given positive reviews
staff on the other hand are a different thing ranging from very helpfull to downright bloody awful
This time though i am afraid due to the arrogance of the night manager i feel quite rightly justified to point out a few areas that need to be addressed
When Guests return to the hotel and requests a drink do not send them to your sister hotel over the road where they have to pay £10 each to get in because you don’t want them cluttering up the seating area in front of reception
When they return from the trek over the road and insist on a drink in the lobby do try and give them what they want. The order was for 2 bottles of singa and a margarita not 2 small glasses of warm draught beer and something with lime and salt in it
Do not over charge them
Do not ring the guests up a full hour after they have gone to bed demanding they pay the tab thus waking then up waking them up (petty i know and i bet you laughed when you dreamed that one up )
Do not question my right to complain and tell me I am embarrassing myself when i confront you at the reception
Do not question my right to tell other guests exactly what my complaint with you is
Do not patronise me by telling me you did not know what was going to happen about the drinks bill
Do not add service to a disputed bill and most of all
Do not short change me when i indignantly pay cash
Do not point out to your guests most of our guests are Arabic and wont read any review written in english ( bablefish will translate this review into most languages) i find this a wee bit racist as well as patronising
Do not send a subordinate to ask whats wrong when i ask for the general manages details the next morning
As this happened 3 or 4 days before we left and it has
tainted our view of the hotel completely

We never tipped any of the cleaning for their good service so they lost out as did the poolside bar staff and bell boys ( are you going to appologise to them for the loss of Tips I bet you don’t )
There is an old saying i would remind you off

If something is good you tell your friends
If something is bad you tell everybody

The day manager herself apologised to me personaly on your behalf Mr night manger and as i explained to her it was not her fault . You should have apologised to me in person
I shall think long and hard when I am Planning my next visit to Bangkok wether or not i am going to stay anywhere in the president group of hotels all because of one persons attitude to Guests

shame really

Room Tip: higher the better to counteract street noise ones over looking pool get a lot of sun in the aftern...
Dear dave r

Thank you for the very detailed review of the hotel and as spoken before you left and once again, I am truly sorry for the way the matter was handled. There is as you rightly pointed out room for improvement and the concerns you raised have been addressed.

Once again you have my apologies and on your return to Bangkok, and should you wish to reconsider us, please do get in touch with me personally.

gm@presidentpalacehotel.com
Islamabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed at the President Palace a number of times. The lates being mid May 2013 for 10 days. I keep coming back to this hotel for a number of reasons. 1. The rooms (Exec floors) are spacious, clean and very comfortable, they are also on the higher floors > less street noise. 2, It is in the center of Sukhumvit and you get can get to the BTS in 2 minutes. 3. The exec lounch is a must, the staff are brilliant, welcoming and I have had no problems with early/late check in/out, the breakfast is excellentand the view stunning. 4. The "Champions" pub serves great food and sitting having a beer or 10 on the patio watching the world go by is a favourite passtime! 5. The pool. is a good size and never crowded, its clean and has a small gym attached for the fitness freaks amongst us. OK, all good so far. Like many hotels in this area (and there are many) it has a reputation (because and only because of the location) of being a bar girl take to your room hotel. I very rarely saw this, if anything there were more families and couples of all nationalities staying. I am not dissapointed with this hotel as some reveiwers seem to be. I travel to BKK every couple of months and for the price, service, staff and cleanliness and price the President Palace is my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Exec floor! High floor, spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the 3rd time we stayed at this hotel and it has gone downhill rapidly due to poor customer service. The good points are central location for shopping , transport, some good local restaurants and the pool area which is lovely.

However there are also some very bad points:
soi 11 is getting more and more seedy, it's gone downhill in the last 3 years , the 2 bars across the hotel are basically brothels and some of the inmates and their customers end up staying in the hotel..
The room we had was slightly grubby, the carpet already looking tired and the bathroom tiles had brown stains on the grouting. not 4 star standards i'm afraid.
The air conditioning was noisy so we ended up turning it off at night to get to sleep but then the heat in the room got oppressive and woke us up.
Finally some of the staff are rude and inconsiderate. we ordered drinks one evening at 11 and were told the bar was closed to guests for a function. we then got sent up to club lounge but this shut before 11. Then my partner was told to go across the road to A-loft hotel but when we got there, there was a 500 baht entry for each of us before we even got a drink so we declined and went back to the president where eventually they brought us a couple of small glasses of beers and a margarita in the lobby. by then my partner was fuming and we went to our room with our drinks. at 1.15 am the phone rang on 2 occasions and woke us up. this was the night manager who wanted to know why we hadn't paid our bill and who wanted my partner to go down to reception to sort it out. As we were staying there for days I really didn't understand why it was so urgent to wake us up for a 500 baht bar bill which we could have easily paid at the end. after much arguments my partner paid the bill and the night manager then short hanged him! his attitude was rude and condescending as he pointed out most of the hotel customers were Arabic and made it clear he did not care about our issue or our custom. Well so be it as I don't care for the neighbourhood, atmosphere and the management attitude so I will not be staying there again. Next time I will make sure our hotel is on the other side of sukhumvit road.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

First stayed here three years ago, not long after it opened. Back again in Bangkok this week for four nights, so chose President Palace again. Very good location in terms of access to BTS and MRT and ease of getting to various attractions. Staff good, room very good, club deal was good value, pick up from airport, breakfast included, drinks at the end of the day, good pool, access to restaurants and other night life etc. In Sukhumvit, so farang central to a certain extent and more than a number of older blokes with young things on their arms, but you can look beyond that.

So, overall, a very good value option for accommodation in Bangkok.

new delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed recently in this hotel for 5 days in a Executive Club floor. Nice and specious room, helping staff and nice food too. Would give 5* and will stay again in this hotel.

Took Fast track immigration and Limosine pickup, little expensive but worth it, saves time.

Sleep quality is good, a cell is provided in the room you can take out and use it for local calls.

Room Tip: Opt for Club Floor, great rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RamiNuek, General Manager at President Palace Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Srivastavasmnavy

Thank you for the recommendation! It is always a pleasure to hear someone speak highly of your product and to know that they will return.

We look forward to welcoming you back and to reserve a room please write to us directly at enquiry@presidentpalacehotel.com.

gm@presidentpalacehotel.com

Been to President Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!