This is my third stay at Citadines Sukhimvit 16, and I am sure it will not be the last! Much has changed since my last visit. Terminal 21 is a huge shopping mall which has sprung up next to Asok BTS station, and it is so convenient to get to from the hotel. You have banks, nice food stalls and your usual spiel of brands in the mall. The 24-hour Foodland supermarket is still thriving, and I've spent many coins there buying local produce and beer. I've stayed in many serviced apartments in Bangkok, and this has always been the best in terms of location. The TV channels were awesome too, with AXN and Fox Movie Premium vying for evening airtime. I caught Spiderman 2, Men in Black, and a host of crime thrillers (CSI rocks!).
Apart from Foodland and Terminal 21, its about 5mins easy walk from Asok BTS station, which is also an interchange station with MRT. It is about 6-7 stations from the famous MBK Mall, and is along the route to Chatuchak market (Mo Chit station).
To get to Citadines Sukhumvit 16, exit at the gate which says Exchange Tower, walk towards the building (you cannot miss the super huge True Fitness logo hung from the building), and walk down from the skybridge onto the main road. Walk in the same direction as the traffic, with Exchange Tower on your left. Turn left into the first small street you see, and you will be able to spot the orange building that is Citadines Sukhumvit 16. (As a sidenote, the spring rolls which were hawked by a roadside vendor was heavenly.... I threw some caution to the wind on my last day in BKK, and bought a box home for THB40. I nuked it in the microwave back at the apartment and had a very sinfully delicious snack. I did not suffer any food poisoning, but I would be cautious if you have a sensitive digestive system).
This trip was saved from a sad ending, as a result of an honest cleaning staff. I thought my husband and I checked the room for any missing item, but I actually left my new Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone on the bed hidden under the pillow. I am thankful the staff passed my phone to reception, who passed it back to me when I returned to collect my luggage in the late afternoon to catch my late flight back home. As a result of his or her honest act, I was saved alot of nagging from the husband, the pain of having to spend a bomb on another phone, and the torture of trying to restore contacts and build a new stash of photos/ memories of everyday.
Some tips for an enjoyable stay - request NOT to stay on Level 2 (its the level where breakfast is served and it may get annoying to hear so many people walk by the corridor, even if there is a glass door separating the rooms from the dining room). I asked for additional pillows too in case you are used to hugging pillows to sleep like I do. Breakfast is blah and nothing to crow about, but I was not there for the food. Cereal, bread, fried rice, fried vegetables, chicken, simple soup, bacon, sausages are the usual spread.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok Hotel
- Citadines Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok is situated in Bangkok's bustling Sukhumvit business and commercial district. All 79 apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen, separate bedroom and living room, WIFI internet access and home entertainment system with cable TV. At Citadines, you will experience friendly staff, chic living space with flexible services to suit your lifestyle and budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.