“Great service ” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An award-winning restaurant offering the culinary passion and authenticity of Italy. Enjoy the very finest classic and contemporary Italian cuisine served in a setting of a Tuscan villa.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Food was great but what really stood out was the service. We were well taken care of by K.Chattawat from the moment we walked in! Out favorite dish of the night was the risotto with ham and cheese and the limoncello soufflé. At the end of the meal, k.Jirawat came and made sure that we were satisfied. Overall, it was a great meal and we look forward to returning.

Dear phantarak2705,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine at Rossini's and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted to hear of your positive dining experience and will certainly provide the recognition to those individuals mentioned on your review that they deserve. I am sure that they will be delighted to welcoming you back and to servicing you again on your future visits to our award-winning restaurant.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
“Little italy in bangkok.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

No words for the food no complaints at all. I guess one of the finest places for italian in bangkok. Although this place does not do wood fired pizzas but the other dishes compensate for that.

Visited December 2013
Dear ShantanuRaizada,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine at Rossini's and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your dining experience at our award-winning restaurant. Your compliments have been shared with the team and they were delighted to know that they had been able to play a part in creating a memorable dining experience for you.

We all look forward to your next visit.

Zurich, Switzerland
“loved everything except my main course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We didn't have a reservation, so we had to wait for 20 min until we could be seated. The amuse bouche was buffala with onion confiture and a cherry tomato and tasted fantastic. For starter I had an aubergine tart, which was amazing as well. The main course I had chosen was a risotto with snapper and lemon. But it was a tomato risotto with asparagus and the fish on top. I didn't like the risotto at all and the fact that the fish was on top gave it a weird consistency. I didn't finish the dish but nobody asked if I liked it. Plus I detected no hint of lemon but a lot of asparagus, which I don't think was in the description. I'm not even sure they brought me the right dish. So I have very mixed feeling about that dinner. I probably would come back but take a safer choice for the main course.

Dear lydiabaenziger,

May I thank you for choosing to dine at Rossini's and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that enjoyed your appetizer of the tart of slow-cooked eggplant and amuse bouche. However, I was concerned that the main course of risotto with warm snapper did not meet your expectations. Moreover, please accept my sincerest apologies that our team member did not ask for any feedback regarding your meal. It is far from the normal standards we offer our guests and our Venue Manager has informed to re-brief the team so that such incidents do no re-occur in the future.

I do hope that in spite of your disappointments, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back so that we may try to make amends for the poor impression gained on your recent visit.

Richard Chapman
“good for meat/fish, some minus points”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

nice work on the meat and fish station (though scallops needed more seasoning), risotto was only average and not worthy of an Italian restaurant (mistakes on consistency, seasoning, mixture of flavors) and came with random not advertised imgredients as aspargus.

wine list small and expensive. the menu had many typos which felt odd given the fact that there are so many managers trying to uphold the image of perfection (I found 3 typos after 10 seconds...).

also we had to wait for 20 minutes even though restaurant was half empty due to a shortage of service personnel which I find again amusing for such an "award winning" restaurant.

for those very high prices I would have expected more, meaning European 5-star food and service. value therefore only average.

Dear vir2l,

I am happy to read that you had enjoyed our meat and fish station. However, I was concerned to read about your disappointments of your dining experiences. I always welcome feedback, the good, the bad and the ugly so that we may take corrective action. Your feedback has been shared with our Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef so that appropriate follow-up can be taken.

Once again, I am very sorry that you were disappointed and do hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you back so that we can remedy the poor impression created on your recent visit.

Hong Kong
“High end Italian in Bangkok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Visited as a couple in October 2013 for a birthday dinner.

We picked Rossini's mainly due to reviews on TA. The birthday person requested Italian for food and Bangkok as destination... a bewildering thought process, but turned out manageable.

Rossini is in the Sheraton. For those like us seeking to avoid Bangkok traffic, the hotel is easy to reach via Skytrain, but be prepared to walk a bit. Basically you get off at BTS Asok and just follow the signs. It looked fairly accessible via MRT Sukhumvit as well but our hotel location was nearer to a Skytrain.

The venue is pretty standard hotel style - somewhat old fashioned by well maintained. Seating is well spaced and intimate. Decor is rustic European, tasteful and not tacky. The restaurant is medium sized and was quite full the night we visited (weekend). We did reserve in advance.

Food was good quality, though not extremely memorable. For starters if I recall correctly, we got a pappardelle and the house mesclun salad. Not much flavor to the salad though it served its purpose as a vegetable in the meal. If I remember right, it was a 'stuffed pappardelle' which for me was a bit new -- had not had a 'stuffed pappardelle' before. Ultimately think I prefer pappardelle as normal standalone broad pasta, but Rossini's version tasted quite alright.

Given it was a birthday, we went with house recommendations for mains (they recommended pricier ones...) -- a wagyu steak and a suckling pig. The steak was fatty like you should expect wagyu to be-- rich and decadent...but honestly not a good choice for me because historically I've never really appreciated wagyu served as a steak and prefer it cut more thinly. The steak was properly cooked and simply seasoned served with a trio of accompaniments. On the other side of the table, the suckling pig was done quite nicely, crisp and balanced by a sweet cabbage.

Dessert we had the tiramisu and I think the banoffee which was recommended. Tiramisu was pretty light and cutely presented with a chocolate spoon. The banoffee was also done very light almost to whipped consistency, surprisingly nice. It was a bit weird getting a recommendation for a British dessert at an Italian restaurant though.

As you can see from the selections, Rossini's is not exactly a traditional Italian shop, but more modern Western cuisine in terms of menu and ingredients applied...perhaps with an "Italian touch" ? In any case, the menu did have a fair number of typical Italian choices, so you would be able to get more traditional Italian fare if you wanted. Food quality was good though nothing groundbreaking but for me the restaurant served its purpose of a nice Italian meal in Thailand--would recommend to those in Bangkok craving Italian food.

Of special note, the hotel could not provide a birthday cake with one day's notice, but was happy to assist with adding a candle to the tiramisu.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear notoriouslyFat,

May I thank you for selecting Rossini’s as a venue for your birthday celebration and for taking the time to write us a detailed review. Your comments have also been passed to our Director of Food and Beverage for further appropriate actions. You are quite right our Rossini’s offers both classic and contemporary Italian cuisine.

With regards to the birthday cake, I apologize that you were not offered a birthday cake as this should have been done even on the same day. We look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions in the future.

With kind regards,