“simply the best !!” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 265 Reviews
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: An award-winning restaurant offering the culinary passion and authenticity of Italy. Enjoy the very finest classic and contemporary Italian cuisine served in a setting of a Tuscan villa.
“simply the best !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

It's rare that I give a 5 star rating to any restaurant, however, I will break tradition and give it here. Rossini's represents in my opinion the perfect dining experience. It begins first with the perfect host - Mr. Jirawat Distasarovisit (venue manager). He seamlessly navigated us through a rich and complex menu. He listened to our questions and gave his opinion of the best appetizers and entrees. We had special requirements which he patiently weighed and took into account. He is a true professional; I respect him greatly.

As stated previously, the menu is complex and unique with so many elements to it. I see this menu easily being a hit in Manhattan or Rome; it's that perfect. One of the nicest aspects is that there are so many appetizers to choose from which can also be made into entrees.

The experience was memorable and fun. Jirawat even took the time at the restaurants expense to refresh my glass of red wine when he noticed I wasn't ordering another glass !

We had perhaps one of the best dining experiences ever. Try the beef tartare; amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear jazsacher,

May I thank you for dining at Rossini's and detailed review that you have written regarding your recent dining experience.

We welcome all feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards and the experience you shared certainly matches our customer service culture that we aim for. Extra recognition has been given to Jirawat to recognize his outstanding customer service skills and he looks forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to Rossini's.

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Yokohama
“Don't miss this restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you like good Italian food this is one to put into your dining calendar. An excellent menu well executed. Wine list is also great. Friendly and efficient staff round off the experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear SeriousRelaxer,

Thank you for dining at Rossini's and for sharing your experiences.

It is of my greatest pleasure to read that you have enjoyed the food, wine as well as the service provided by the team at Rossini's. We continuously strive to offer our guests with a memorable dining experience and your comments certainly matches the level of customer service that we aim for.

The team at Rossini's and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Scatterbrook
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My previous visit to Rossini's had not been good, so I was keen to see whether that experience could be improved upon - and I am pleased to report that it was.

The staff were friendly and attentive, and were happy to go "off menu" to accommodate the dietary preferences of our children (some of you will appreciate that kids are not always in the market for gourmet cuisine).

The highlight for me was the foie gras, which - putting ethical considerations to one side - was amongst the best that I have had anywhere. The lamb main course was pleasant enough, although not bursting with flavour.

The wine list at Rossini's is comprehensive and the service was great - we all thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Thanks to all who contributed.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear TheCrowman,

May I thank you for returning to Rossini's and giving us another chance to make amends for your previous dining experience.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the food as well as the wine list offered at Rossini's. With our PrimoVino concept, we aim to offer diners the opportunity to enjoy premium wines from all over the world at the most attractive prices. I have shared your kind words with the team at Rossini's to recognize their efforts and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Good food, excellent service, quite pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My partner and I went to Rossini's recently, overall we were impressed though we thought it to be on the pricey side, probably to be expected given it's location in a five star hotel.

On arrival we were greeted by the very pleasant member of staff and shown to our table, we couldn't help noticing that the restaurant was fairly empty despite the fact it was a Friday night. We were left to work our way through the menu, my partner is Thai and whilst she speaks very good English she struggles to read it, the menu has no Thai translation so I had to describe all the dishes for her.

The menu was fairly extensive and apart from the soup, which my partner thought to be bland and pretty tasteless, we thought the food to be very well prepared to a good quality.

We enjoyed our dinning experience, the food was good and the staff really on the ball.

I do have a couple of caveats however, whilst I realise this is an Italian restaurant I really don't see the need to only offer imported Italian water, water is water and only offering Italian water doesn't enhance the dinning experience. Thai bottled water is of a very high standard and offerred throughout the hotel. I did note that the water had a mark up of over 210% over local prices, and VAT and "service" was added to the mark up, probably a higher mark up than on wine.

I have never understood the "service charge" in some restaurants in Thailand, and whilst the Sheraton is not alone in this extra charge, nobody has been able, or willing, to explain why the costs of preparing and serving a meal is not costed into the published price. If you choose an expensive cut of meat or a better wine then the "service charge" is higher, though the cost of serving remains constant. Nobody has been able to convince me that this practice is anything other that a method of price gouging.

Despite my caveats, we did enjoy our meal and would probably return, but there is a wide range of restaurants in Bangkok.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
GMSGS, General Manager at Rossini's, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear HuaHinGovernor,

Thank you for your recent visit to Rossini’s and the overall positive review with regards to the restaurants food offerings and service. We appreciate the suggestion of providing a menu with Thai translation for your partner, although we normally encourage our associates’ personal assistance.

Regarding pricing, we would have hoped you would have highlighted our PrimoVino wine list, with Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit being the first five star hotel in Bangkok to offer quality wines at unrivaled prices. Mark-ups have been significantly reduced to enhance the dining experience. Offering imported water is driven by customer preferences, however local water is definitely available with the company’s drive to reduce our carbon foot-print.

As for your question regarding the service charge concept, hotels introduced this concept many decades ago, as it encourages associates to really take care of the guest. It replaced the tipping approach found in the USA, Europe and Australia.

We do hope to welcome you back, possibly between January 31st and February 6th when we have our Chef Consultant and Michelin star Chef, Alfredo Russo at Rossini’s with a spectacular a la carte or set menu, at very reasonable prices.

Belgium
“one of our favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

it is still one of the best italian restaurants in BK , every time we stay in the area we have at least once a dinner there , fine Italian food and great service , E&A

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear EddieBelgium,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty for Rossini's.

It is of my greatest pleasure to read that you continue to enjoy your dining experience with us and consider Rossini's to be among the best Italian restaurants in town.

The team at Rossini's and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.