“The Bread - It's All About the Bread” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #281 of 8,519 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Bangkok's Legendary Steakhouse Since 1966 Diners will enjoy relaxed, yet impeccable service at Fireplace Grill, one of the top recommended restaurants in Bangkok. Start your evening with one of our signature cocktail, then select one of the many prime steak cuts and French classics paired perfectly with an outstanding and well balanced wine list.
Bangkok
“The Bread - It's All About the Bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have eaten at Fireplace about ten times over the past several years. Most of my experiences have been positive.

The executive lunch sets allow one to sample the menu a bit without the cost of the full steak dinner, but the reality is that the magic is about that steak dinner and the cut quality on the full menu is understandably much better than that included in the much cheaper executive lunch.

As my title refers to, the bread is wonderful here. Individual personal micro-loaves are served cooked in little clay pots. The soft just out of the oven bread some butter naturally melting -- tasty goodness.

The courses are spread out over a longer duration, so do not expect a one hour lunch here. I would allocate 90 to 120 minutes for lunch of several courses. The onion soup is always good. The Caesar salad is always nice. The irony is that on the lunch cut, the actual wagyu beef cut is probably the least interesting dish one is served. Thusly, I would recommend that you go a la carte and make the investment in trying their full line of cuts. If on a budget and prefer the fixed set, beware of the 350++ Pellegrino bottles that they will continually refill without asking. One meal I found that 30% of my group's bill for lunch was bottled water!!!!.

I do have a concern on the lunch set though. The lunch set always seems to give me the runs. This has happened every time I had the executive lunch set, but not when I order a la carte and so I am not sure which dish does not agree with my system. Nonetheless, it tastes terrific going down. Also, I am sensitive to MSG and I suspect that products which have MSG or MSG-like are used as I get my standard MSG headache, scratching, and fatigue after a lunch here. Again, it remains tasty.

The Fireplace has been around for a long time. The inside is very cozy but there are sometimes groups of drunken or nearly drunken people who make a lot of noise in an otherwise quiet and relaxing place and the staff will not say anything, so pick a table over to one of the corners away from any potential noise makers who might reduce your relaxation.

My experiences are not entirely positive, but I will continue to return on occasion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute choice, and based solely on reviews carried here. We were not disappointed. The rib eye is one of the best I have had, the quality of the starters was superb and the service was just the right balance between attentive and interfering. It all comes at a price that is high by Bangkok standards but not when compared to European pricing. I would definitely come back here again the next time I am in Bangkok.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Oustanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Best steak, service and wine in town. We had a table the was immaculately prepared, service that was discrete yet totally attentive. The amuse bouche and the chocolates filled with ice cream and served with dry ice after dinner were so yummy!

Interesting and diverse range of appetizers, great range of steaks and other dishes. Being particular, I was pleased to receive my tenderloin perfectly cooked.

Everything was so tasteful. A real treat and a must next time I am in BKK,

Not to be missed!!

Visited May 2013
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The steak was delicious!! Highly recommend it.. The restaurant was amazing and you can tell every care is taken in producing fantastic fine dining meals. If you want something special this is the place to go. Hats off to the chef also!!

Visited April 2013
Pijnacker
“I gave the Fireplace a 10”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

During our stay at the Intercontinental Bangkok I spoke with the General Manager of the Hotel and he told me about the Fireplace which on the side of the Hotel. You can enter from in- and outside.
The atmosphere is very cosy and you can see the kitchen doing there work.
The staff is really very friendly, polite and they do advise you about the menu`. We had a steak which was so smooth you nearly did not have to chew.
Amazed about their crepe Suzette which was prepared at the table in the old way they should do this. Really mouthwatering.
Anyway my advice try this for yourself.

Visited January 2013