“Just enough for an overnight transit stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Gold Garden

You added Silver Gold Garden to your Saves list
Silver Gold Garden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   541/1 On-nuch Rd, (Huatakhe Market) | Latkrabang, Bangkok 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #409 of 768 Hotels in Bangkok
Los Angeles, California
“Just enough for an overnight transit stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Silver Gold Garden is quite old and not exactly that close to the airport (10 minute drive at least). Yet, they do provide an airpot shuttle (24 hours), which you can pre-pay (I suggest you do). The rooms are tidy, but show their age. You get very few amenities, maybe only bottled water and toothbrush/toothpaste, but very little else. Old tv with very limited choice of channels. No elevator.

The hotel is located behind a market. If you walk out to the street, you will also find a mini-market where you can stock up on water, coffee, etc. The staff is nice, yet not well trained and English skills are usually limited to the reception desk. Things move slow here at Silver Gold, so patience is necessary. In return, you get a transit hotel that is safe, clean and very cheap.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Where do i start, firstly the 'free airport shuttle' refused to take me so i had to pay 3 different cab drivers fairs to get me to the hotel which was down this ally behind a market. when i arrived the first lady as reception was very apologetic but asked me to pay for wifi which I'm almost positive is advertised as 'free'! i had a private room and it was clean, tidy, big bed and a little balcony! lovely room!!!
i did not enjoy my stay here, i have been travelling on my own so my experiences have all been made through the people i have met and the staffs help.
The next morning there was a different lady at reception who was on her mobile for about 20 minutes before even putting her head up to talk to me, she had very little english and was pretty rude to me had no maps no help in anyway!!! when i asked about where the train or bus lines are to chaing Mai she laughed at me and started talking to a friend in Thai i felt very lost t that stage. it was in a very secluded area with no english speaking people to help me indeed up paying 500bht to get me somewhere for help.... tourist centre.
the place is nice don't get e wrong i just had a bad experience. terrible actually!!

Room Tip: i had a private room and it was a nice room
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our flight came in to Bangkok late at night and the Immigration line was extremely long. We were so thankful when we arrived at Silver Gold Garden Hotel. We had no idea what to expect of this hotel, but we were so happy. It was clean, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Their English was great. The location for a transit stay is perfect. It is near the airport. There are a Tesco Express nearby and 7-11. There are a bunch of food stalls around as well. The breakfast was great. I would definitely stay there again if I was in transit through Bangkok. Very happy with the booking.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Greater Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was, till now, where we would always stay. It is convenient to the airport, and the hotel picks one up and brings one back, taking the trouble out of overnight stays in Bangkok. However, since our last stay, the comfortable mattress has been exchanged for a hard kapok one, and instead of a nice rest, we had an uncomfortable night. The reception staff kept asking my wife to pay for the accommodation, even though she explained repeatedly that I would pay when I returned from the city, since I had the money and she did not. Perhaps the paid WiFi works now. We did not bother to try, having experienced from previous visits that it was poor. It was also disappointing that the advertised restaurant had been discontinued.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Knysna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a one night stop over.
The rooms are clean and well equipped, the restaurant is good, the staff were helpful, the hotel transfer is quick but the greatest discovery was the local markets.
There is a local market ( daily ? ) which one has to walk / drive thru to reach the hotel entrance and it is quite loud ( but ends by 9.00 pm ? ) which is great for snacks and clothing ( aimed at locals not tourists ) - seating at this market is virtually nonexistent so it is best for take aways / snacks - there are other stalls / places to eat with seating on the main highway to left and right within 100 meters of the hotel if seating desired.
There is also a much larger market ( meat, fish, fruit, clothing, hardware etc ) about a 10 mins walk down the highway just over the bridge ( out of the hotel and turn right on highway ). This is a morning market ( at least we went in the morning ) though surrounding shops and possibly some market stalls are open all day. Again this is great for shopping for things that the locals would buy - you wont find DVD's / music / T-shirts and all the other tourist paraphernalia here but if you have everyday needs the prices here are great ( i.e. not the elevated ones found in the city center).
Its the first time we have stayed near the airport ( i.e. away from the city center ) and it was a refreshing experience and one I would recommend for those who are tiring of the hustle and bustle of the more touristy central locations.

Room Tip: If you need to sleep / rest during daytime ask for a room at the back not overlooking the market whi...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

I think that with any review you have to remember what you have paid for the place. We paid £11 for a night so what do you expect? actually, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, they offered a car service to the airport and that was exactly what we wanted. On the negative side the staff at reception were grumpy as hell, the noise from the adjacent market was hideously intrusive and the bathroom was basic. But..... what do you expect for eleven quid? It worked for us as a convenient transit place.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

I stayed i this hotel because I arrived late at the airport and they had free shuttle.
The hotel is ok the room is ok and location is ok for the price you pay. But the staff is horrible. Not one but all the three girls at the front desk in all the three different shift are very uptight arrogant and totally useless. When I checked in the night shift girl was very uptight looked like she hated her job and was taking out on the customers. After insisting to get help and answers I rented a taxi with driver for two days for 4000 Bhat from her and than she mellowed a little bit.
The morning shift girl was ok but did not get my room cleaned even after I asked for it. But the second shift girl was the worst. She will pretend that she has not heard you or that she does not understand you and her face is so morbid that you think that she just came from a funeral.
I don't know why the owner does not train them to behave properly. Even the shuttle driver grunted and cursed all the way as he had to drop me to the airport at 4.30 am.
Will never stay here again just because I don't want to feel that I am not wanted or I am a free loader.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Silver Gold Garden? Share your experiences!