“Great first stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #179 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great first stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

This review is well overdue but thought I would write as the recent feedback endorses my view of the hotel. I am also planning to stay again this month.

Location is great with the sky train nearby. Just a 5 minute walk takes you to good restaurants, laundry services and bars. The staff are very helpful and go out of their way to assist. The pool is stunning at the top of the hotel giving an infinity feel and swimming at night watching the skyscrapers lit up around you is stunning.

Rooms very well furnished and the bed not too hard and comfortable. Breakfast was a delight with many choices.

You could not do much better for the price in Bangkok - a real find !

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Pjstarfish,

First of all, we would like to thank you for selecting Admiral Premier as your choice of accommodation while visiting Bangkok. It was truly a pleasure to having you here.

We glad to know you enjoyed your stay and delight to hear that you were also satisfied with the convenient location, in-room amenities, facilities, and the services. Thanks a lot for recommending us to the fellow travelers on TripAdvisor website. We really hope they will come and experience Admiral Premier by themselves like what you have done.

At Admiral Premier, our staff trying the best to make sure our guests return home with the best experienced possible. We, the staff and management are look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Nattamon Soupe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great hotel, but hard to find. They have wonderful & helpful staff and good facilities. The pool is nice and the gym is adaquate. The location is convenient for dining, nightlife, shopping and sightseeing. Check out the local steak house (one block over) for a great meal. The hotels restaraunt was also very good.

The room was very clean and comfortable with very good linens, pillows and matresses.

The staff gave me an umbrella when rain was likley and arranged tours for me. They were very considerate.

They provide security at night so I would recommend this place for families. It is near the soy cowboy, a party area, but that kind ofthing is detered in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Mosh60,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Admiral Premier. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that you took time to share this with Tripadvisor’s readers.

We delight to hear that you were enjoyed your stay and satisfied with our accommodation, location, and the servicer from our staff. We would be more than happy to welcome you back here when you visit Bangkok next time. We look forward to have a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Hiroshima, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Great hotel, wonderful & helpful staff, good facilities + location in Sukhumvit is convenient for dining, nightlife, shopping and sightseeing. Overall, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Above expectation:
+ Location- although it didn't seem great at first when I got lost finding it on a rainy afternoon, it is very centrally located and easy to get to the rail, shopping and everywhere else you need to go. There is a great little restaurant/bakery (PAK) at the end of the road with free WiFi, a fabulous shopping mall (Terminal 21) a few blocks away and lots of salons, massage places, eateries and bars to choose from right around the corner.
+ Staff- The staff all speak English very well, are friendly and have a very high level of service. They do seem to change over very quickly so if you have a special request you may have to ask a few times to confirm. However whenever I asked for a service (printing out a receipt, using the dryer) it was handled within 5 minutes~ very impressive!
+WiFi in the hotel and in the room is really easy to sign on to, fast and very useful with no extra charges or limits. However, it is limited to one device per room- this may be an issue if there are more than one devices in demand. (I couldn't log in on both my computer and iphone (had to wait 15 minutes in between use), so having someone else with me who had their own computer or phone would have been a problem if we both wanted to be online at the same time). There is sufficient WiFi on offer around the city (Pak bakery nearby and Terminal 21 mall both have fast, easy and free connections)

Could be better:
- The small gym is fine, but if there were a water jug available for users it would be nice and the exercise bike doesn't go any higher (adjustment broken), the running machine is noisy but works okay and the elliptical is fine.
- The coin laundry on the 9th floor's only dryer is often in use with hotel laundry (but if you ask at the front desk they will empty it for you to use). Other than that- the coin laundry is in good shape and very reasonable (70 baht per load and 10 baht per 10 minutes in the dryer).
- I asked a couple of times about the "free tuk tuk" but it was never available- so not something you can depend on. (However, they can get a taxi for you in about 5 minutes which is very reasonable for short distances)
- The shower design creates an overflow that runs down under the sink to the drain- don't understand why this was designed like this but it makes the bathroom floor wet for a long time after a shower.

* Late check out is available for half the day's fee if you leave before 6pm, if you leave after 6pm you need to pay a full day's charge

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper ask for rooms on the opposite side of the building from the construction...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear jjw_hiroshima,

Thank you very much for choosing Admiral Premier Bangkok as your choice of accommodation while staying in Bangkok. We appreciated you to take the time to share feedbacks on your recent stayed with us.

Thank you for your kind comment and we are delighted to know we exceeded your expectations. At the same time we appreciate your honest opinion about our services and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back at Admiral Premier in the near future.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at APB for 7 days in 2 separate times and it's been a delight! Service was impeccable, rooms very clean & comfortable. Location is about 5 min walk from Asok BTS (train station) which made going around easy and cheap.
On the way to the BTS station, there's Soy Cowboy but contrary to what I believed, all the "nightlife" activities don't spread around that small avenue so it's not an issue for those who's morals could be offended!! ;-)
Breakfast buffet was the only thing that disappointed us at first, but it turned out to be the best we had in Thailand!!

Room Tip: We took the premier studio so we could add a second bed in the room. Really comfortable, and decentl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Olivier L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experienced staying with us at Admiral Premier Bangkok. We delighted you enjoyed your stay and satisfied with our accommodation, location, and our facilities.

Thanks for recommending Admiral Premier Bangkok to fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.
Whenever you travel to Bangkok, we would like you to consider returning stay at Admiral Premier Bangkok.

We look forward to seeing you here again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Bangkok, weather it be with family or friends.
The staff are great, can't do enough for you.
I left behind a brand new coat that I had taylor made in Bangkok, I only realised it when I got back home to Australia. I made a call, they confirmed it was there, in a week I had it couriered out to me in Australia. Thank you Ms Darunee Sarim-Arun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Olivier L,

We look forward to seeing you here again in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was quite sceptical about staying here due to the awesome deal we received for both flights and accommodation (including breakfast)... but I'm so glad my sister "picked" your hotel.

Its the final night (booked in for 9 days) and I can confirm the excellent reviews this hotel has received from previous guests. The service, food, and general atmosphere is great. I've enjoyed my time in Bangkok and would recommend The Admiral Premier to anyone looking for a great location, and a very comfortable stay. Thank you to your helpful staff, especially your breakfast crew who totally rocked!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Rita_Tap,

Thank you very much for selecting Admiral Premier as your preferred accommodation while visiting Bangkok. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay and happy with our residence’s, facilities and service provide by our staff.

We appreciated your though of returning stay at Admiral Premier. We would be more than happy to welcome you back. Our staffs are look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Ulverstone, Tasmania, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have just spent six nights here, overall very impressed. The staff are very friendly and seem to know their job. Breakfast a bit limited in choice but what there was was very good. The hotel will go over and above the call to make guests happy, I could not get a taxi to go to a meeting during a rainstorm, I decided to walk to Asoke station and catch the train, to my surprise I had got about 200 yards from the hotel when i was overtaken by the porter in the hotel Tuk Tuk, he delivered me to my meeting although it was outside the area they normally cover, excellent service. Good location for shopping and nightlife, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Chookapost,

It was particularly pleasing to read that you found our location convenient and discovered lots of locals places to eat and explore. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I will be sure to pass this feedback on to them and I am sure they will truly appreciate your feedback.

If you have a chance to visit Bangkok in the future, we would like to welcome you back to Admiral Premier. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Nattamon Soupe

Been to Admiral Premier Bangkok? Share your experiences!