“Good place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #180 of 765 Hotels in Bangkok
Bat Yam, Israel
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Good place. The last 3-4 years we stay in properties of this chain oh hotels. They all are good.
Service is good as well as breakfast. Free I-net in the rooms. Nice pool on roof.
The only one downside of this place is a location. It is take about 12-15 minutes to walk to central Sukhumvit rd. The hotel have free tuk-tuk to the BTS, but it's not always available.
Will stay here again for sure

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
GM_AdmiralPremier, Front Office Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Dear Alexkov,

A warmest greeting from Admiral Premier.

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience, we value your patronage choosing us.

I am pleased to learn your pleasant stay, we do hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I have stayed here a second time now and I will again when I get the opportunity. Its nearby BTS/MRT stations or you can take the hotel tuk-tuk. you have the soi cowboy at walking distance and its closeby to a lot of offices also. The hotel itself is well built, well kept and staff as always are very courteous and willing to help. Go for it without hesitation.

Room Tip: All rooms are great,. You MUST use the pool. its just one of the best experiences.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Shri_19,

Warmest greeting from Admiral Premier.

would like to firstly thank you for writing such a nice overall review of our hotel and for sharing your experience of your most recent stay at our hotel with others.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back again at Admiral Premier.

With Kind Regards,
Front office manager.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I never have been sent an email directly from a hotel asking me to review them on tripadvisor. I guess management is very confident in their product, as they should be! This is a very nice hotel and the staff was wonderful from beginning to end. After spending 4 days in Phuket,bad planning on my part only left my wife and I one day in Bangkok. We literally just left this hotel on 9/12/11, but I felt a need to post this review. So our plan was to leave the airport, check-in and hit the ground running. We arrived at the hotel around 10am to see if we could check in early. At the time they didn't have any rooms available, which I half way expected. Since our flight left @ 540am the next morning I inquired about having breakfast (included with the room) that morning as we would not be there for breakfast the following morning. Not A problem, they allowed us to eat at the delectable Cinnamon restaurant and when we were finished our room was ready for us. The room was awesome, especially for the price! We were upgraded and got a huge beautiful suite. It was so nice in fact it made it hard for us to leave and made me sad that I hadn't planned a longer stay in Bangkok. So after getting our luggage settled I decided to head to the rooftop pool as I knew the view was to die for from other reviews on this site. The view from the pool was unbelievable and I got some great city shots on my slr.
Once we decided to get our heads out the clouds and decided to go actually visit the city of Bangkok, the staff was extremely helpful in pointing us in the right direction.
The only thing I can say is a little confusing is the hotel location itself. Its in a prime location once you figure out where it is, but finding it can be a challenge. On our way there our taxi driver was lost and had to get directions. We rode the skytrain back later that night and couldn't quite figure it out. I was able to look at some of the pictures I took of the skyline(from the rooftop pool) on my camera and figure out where it was in relationship to the other buildings I shot. But as I said once you realize where it is, it's actually in a prime location. We were just being adventurous, as I realize we could have called the hotel and got the complimentary Tuk-tuk to pick us up. All and All A wonderful experience! We did not begin to scratch the surface of Bangkok in 1 day, so we will be back! When we do, we will be staying at the Admiral Premier once again!

(Side note......I would like to agree with some of the other posters. A trip from the airport in a metered taxi should not cost you no more than 300baht. We had no problems going to the hotel, but the guy in the taxi driving us back to the airport tried to rip us off! Luckly we knew better and A little street sense will go a long way in Bangkok!)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Kayoticwo,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent visit to Bangkok.

Your opinions are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests and in ensuring that your expectations are met each visit. We are most delighted to learn that you enjoyed the hotel's service and facilities.

We certainly hope that your future plans to Bangkok include Admiral Premier and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Front office Manager.
Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed 4 days 3 nights. There hotel was not very near the the BTS station, as we had to walk around 15minutes from the stations.
The breakfast is Western style breakfast, they change the main course everyday, therefore we didn't get boring on the breakfast.
You can take the tuk-tuk service to the BTS station, so you still have to walked back to hotel every night when you are extremely tired with the whole sight seeing and shopping!!
Will never choose this hotel again, due to the location was not ideal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GM_AdmiralPremier, Front Office Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Dear Nicole T,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. We are glad to read that you have been overall impressed with our breakfast service. the service received from our associates. Your comments in regards to the location of the hotel, I am please to inform you that we have Tuk Tuk service on 24hrs. and you can call us for pick up at anytime as your convenience.

We look forward to welcoming you once again on your next visit at Admiral Premier.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed here with my sister (hence reason why I selected family) for a total of 19 days (so almost 3 weeks). I must say that I was extremely pleased when leaving the hotel on my last day that I was satisfied with everything. I chose this hotel as I was in Bangkok on a dental holiday - the hotel was only a 5min stroll from the dental clinic in which I was having my treatment done so it was very convenient for me location wise.

We arrived and were greeted my warm friendly staff who provided cool flannels and tea I think it was (not sure as we did not drink it) - nice to be greeted with something unexpected as we certainly felt refreshed after giving our faces a wipe down. We were then escorted to our room by a young gentleman called Tongchai. He was extremely polite, very well mannered and helpful when we asked him questions on our way up to the room about what was in the area, what to do etc.

I plugged in my laptop and realised the plug adapter I purchased in NZ was missing the earth plug so I could not use it. I contacted room service at 3am in the morning and asked for a plug adapter - within minutes, someone was already outside my door with a plug adapter for me - that for me is an excellent first impression of quality and effiency of service which I certainly was not expecting, especially at 3am in the morning.

Breakfast was great - as others have stated: eggs cooked any way you like, some meat (bacon, ham), cereals, breads, beverages, a selection of fresh fruits etc. I have read some reviews on here about how breakfast should be changed on daily basis etc. but I thought for the 3 weeks I stayed here, I thought they did breakfast pretty well covering a wide variety of foods to cater for different tastes - even the odd fried rice and thai dish is there for those who prefer to eat something more filling. We grew to know the restaurant staff very well as did the

Pool was fantastic - yes, maybe small as some have stated - I thought the size was fine. The pool was something my sister and I always looked forward too every day we spent walking around in the scorching sun shopping/sightseeing. The gym is basic - although we did not use it we thought it was neat to have that located handily next to the pool.

Our room was perfect - we cooked our own food quite a lot when we were there (we stayed in a Premier Studio which had oven hobs). Nice sized fridge, bed was firm enough to get some good rest. We weren't too sure what to expect on Thai Cable TV so we came with our HDD loaded with our tv programs/movies from home. Thank God we did - my sister found a flash drive tucked away in her bag so we loaded it up with movies and plugged it in to the DVD player and just watched what we came with on our R&R days we spent at the hotel. The balcony was great - my sister & I are smokers so we just popped outside on the balcony to have a cigarette. The only downfall about that was that it would get too hot as the airconditioning unit for our room and the room next door are not front facing towards the road but side facing making the front of both units facing our balcony space. It got really hot at times so every time we would pop out for a smoke, we'd have to turn off our air conditioning unit. On the bright side, the advantage of the side facing air conditioning unit was that our clothes dried faster - housekeeping provided us with a clothes airer so we did not need to use the coin operated dryer located on the same floor as the pool (as is the washing machines too). There was plenty of sun shining on our balcony during the day + the warm air being thrown out by the air conditioning units which made the clothes dry in a jiffy. Plenty of storage place everywhere in the room + a safe deposit box to store all your valuables although we hardly used that as we would have money, mobiles, jewlery etc, strewn everywhere in the room and the bathroom. Of the 3 weeks we were there, we found housekeeping to be extremely trustworthy (another big tick from me for this hotel) as we had nothing go missing at all - so we did not need to rely on using the safety deposit box at all but for peace of mind for those who do require this, it is there if you need it. The bathroom was great - however I would have to agree with some of the other reviews on here about the shower/tub layout - however, after being here for about a week, my sister and I figured out how to avoid the issue of a wet floor so the issue with wet floors for us was easily resolved for the remaining 2 weeks of our stay. Plenty of lighting in the room, power outlets etc. The room for us was everything we expected + more after only just reading about it and looking at picutres on the internet which was also another positive thing for us.

I just noticed a review about only having one pillow. My sister and I are like that as well, we are more comfortable sleeping with a firm pillow - the one pillow each was not going to cut it for us. Our second day, we left a note on the bed asking housekeeping for 2 extra pillows, an extra blanket, robe and pair of slippers (as my sister and I had to share the bed but wanted our own blanket). We arrived back to a beautifully cleaned room and exactly what we had requested - I'm sure they would be more than happy to fulfill your request over the phone if picking up the phone and calling housekeeping is more your style.

Overall - we enjoyed our stay very much. Next trip to Thailand we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Jaybel1,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We really appreciate your nice comments and it is very nice to hear that you enjoyed to stayed at Admiral Premier.

As a well traveled guest, your comments are valuable in helping us to maintain a high level of service and ensure that your expectations are met each visit. On this occasion, we are delighted to learn that you really enjoyed our accommodation and other facilities as well as personalized services from our well trained staff.

We have thanked Mr. Tongchai-Bellboy on your behalf for personally assisting you and ensuring that your stay and your arrangement were up to your satisfaction.

We certainly hope that your future plans to Bangkok will include Admiral Premier and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with warm and gracious Thai hospitality.

Girona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Granted, the Admiral Premier isn't the most luxurious 5 star establishment you can find in Bangkok, but given the pricing they deliver an incredibly high standard product both for short and long term stays.
The location is ideal; 5 minutes walk from the Sukhumvit metro station and the Asok SkyTrain station. It's in a side street off Soi 23, so it's also very quiet and peaceful in the evenings, even though the ramblings of Bangkok nightlife lie literarly at your doorstep.
The staff at reception were friendly and very helpful. This is the kind of place that goes of it's way to offer you a fresh towel and glass of iced tea when checking in. Likewise housekeeping, bellboy, and restaurant/cafe staff were all very helpful and friendly at all times.
The room is of an appreciable size, with all the normal 5 star hotel mod-cons (minibar, large flatscreen tv, couch and coffee table, coffee making facilities, aircon (very good system), bath tub, wifi access, internet access on shared computers). Don't expect a view from some of the rooms, it's just the downside of being in Bangkok; It is a concrete jungle. Some rooms facing South should however be able to command some view of the skyline.
The hotels offers rooms for longer stays - studio rooms with a kitchenette complete with electric hobs. Our class of room was already overbooked when we got there, so they kindly offered an upgrade to the studio suite.
The top floor has a roof top swimming pool complete with sunbeds with a great view over the Sukhumvit skyline. There is also a minigym with cardio equipment (crosstrainer, treadmill, exercise bike) and free weights.
Overall the hotel basically has all the requirements for a 4-5 star establishment, and would have gotten a 4 point rating for meeting great levels, but not excelling. This requires that extra feature; a one-of-a-kind location, an amazing concept for the rooms/service, a level/quantity of amenities that far surpasses requirement. In this case it is again the fact that the hotel is asking a very reasonable price for the whole package, and goes of it's way to give you a peaceful respite in busy Bangkok.
Well done Premier Admiral. We will be staying again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the South side for views over the skyline
Dear Johno.Fra,

I am writing to you to respond to your feedback which we have received through TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay at Admiral Premier and I would like to firstly thank you for sharing your experience with us as your valuable feedback is helping us to improve both our services as well as our product.

We were delighted to receive such gracious comments about the hotel facilities and services. Your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with others, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier.

With regards,
Front office manager.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed for 4 days, 3 nights. Our package included hot buffet daily, one night free, and half day city tour. The room was huge, very clean. The breakfast was available since 6am which worked well with our early tours. The food was tasty and different every morning. Front desk personnel was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our stay very much. The pool on the roof was wonderful especially after hot and busy days. We used offered by hotel limousine service to and from airport. The quality of this service was very high. Thank you for making our vacation great.

Dear Yelena S,

Front office manager

Been to Admiral Premier Bangkok? Share your experiences!