“best for having light dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Munich, Germany
“best for having light dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food was good, but more than the food, I love the open restaurant area, and seating arrangement was really great. There was also a band, which played good English hits. At times I even sat till 4 in the morning, though the band doesn’t stay that late.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bangkok, Thailand
“Good vibe, cheap and tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor and having a craving for Mexican food I decided to venture down Sukhumvit Soi 18. Some thoughts on my visit;

Location; google maps have both the location and the Soi itself slightly off which threw my driver and I a bit, however once you know this its actually quite easy to find - keep going straight down the Soi, continue down the dead end (not shown by google) its the last shop house on the left. The Soi is quite walk able and I was passed by a fair few taxis as well so though it may seem a bit of a schlep it is doable but definitely out of the way, if directing a taxi it might be a good idea to direct them to the Rembrandt Hotel, still leaves a little walk but might save some heartache.

Atmosphere; small restaurant twenty covers inside two outside, it’s not spacious and at the time of my visit there wasn’t an empty table inside. If it’s full there is really no obvious plan B or waiting area so you may want to consider booking/phoning ahead. The décor is cantina style with a small fish tank and a huge flat screen TV. The intimacy coupled with friendly service makes for a great vibe. The small crowd included locals, expats, tourists, a family and some couples, truly a place for all!

Service; excellent, despite being busy food came flying out the kitchen, the staff seemed happy to be there and the owner (who was on deck) had a relaxed and
friendly demeanor that had clearly rubbed off on her charges.

Food; I had a wet grilled chicken burrito and a flan, including tip (I generally leave 10% in Thailand) I got change from 300 Baht, which I considered great value! The burrito was portioned just right for me but I’d steer anyone with a heartier appetite to the grande as I suspect for some it may be too close to an appetizer, I enjoyed it very much but it was not in any way exceptional. The flan was very good with fantastic flavor though I personally have a preference for a smoother creamier texture.

There seems to be a well stocked bar so although I didn’t try any I’d say you’ll be well looked after on the cocktail side.

Visit was at about half six on a Saturday night mid July, I was on my own. I would be happy to return. Hope the review helps…

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok
“How mexican food should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The restaurant is worthy of all the great reviews it has received. In terms of atmosphere, it is an architypal mexican cantina so it's a little rough around the edges which adds to the authenticity. Quite definitely the most delicious mexican food I have ever had...and yes, the margaritas are very good. The chef Khun Bo and manager Lisa are passionate about the restaurant's offering. Ihighly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great plc.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Cosy restaurant. Friendly staff. Reasonable price. Margarita is a must to order. :)
Will definitely visit them again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, United Kingdom
“If you like Mexican food go here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Located at the end of a road most tourists won't venture down unless they are told to. We found this wonderful little mexican by chance as our hotel was located on the same street and i wandered around on google street view before getting to bangkok.

Its small but the food is excellent and the prices are unbeatable.

We shared a load of nachos before tucking in to Enchiladas.

Staff very friendly and because of the heat and volume of the beer i joked with one of the staff about it and she offered to mix my beer into something to take the edge off...

Thanks - we loved it.