“Nice guest house” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 467 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice guest house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Good:
- Close to BTS (Sala Daeng Skytrain station) - 5 minutes walk
- Staff was always very friendly and helpful
- It was quite at night
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- Nice, normal breakfast (toast, sausage, eggs, marmelade, fruits and fresh juice), even if it is a little bit strange to eat in the small lobby :)

Bad:
- Construction noise during the day which was a little bit anoying as we could not sleep after the long travel.

Special Info:
We had the victorian room (pink suite) and it was very big and nice.
Bathroom was not new/modern but ok. The price is a little bit too high per night.
You can find rooms for the same (internet) price in a higher class hotel.

We booked 3 nights but could not arrive the first night as our flight was canceled.
We sent an email that we could not arrive. That email got lost however they were generous to us and did not charge the first night!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Actually, my stay was way back in March 2009.

Baan Saladaeng initially was pretty hard to find, because the bus driver drove past where I was supposed to get off. Then he dropped me off on my way back to the airport. When I got to my Silom stop, I had to walk about ten minutes. Tired and hungry, I found it behind what looked like a market. Arthur greeted me, "I have been waiting for you". Authentic Thai hospitality with a smile.

I got the POP ART room and I so loved it. You cannot smoke in any BKK hotel so I didn;t take that against them. My room was clean, pop art-ish, with barking dogs and dancers painted on the walls. The bathroom was immaculately clean as well.

I think I was on the 2nd floor, good thing. Just need to be careful when going down that plight of stairs - you can hit your head.

There's free breakfast. Basic but the cook will cook as many eggs as you want. Pair that with bread and cereals plus fruits and OJ, YUM.

My friend arrived the day after and she loved the room too. All in all, I would say I had a great time. The owners, a Thai woman and a Dutch guy, were very welcoming. There was also a Pinoy guy whose name I forgot. Everyone who works there are just very hospitable.

I would come back definitely!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Staying in Bangkok for a short time we needed a pleasant hotel in a central area and this place was exactly what we were looking for.

We had the pink room which was very spacious and well designed, at least according to my wife. It could have been a little less pink for me. Bathroom was a little let-down after having seen the room but it was certainly adequate.

Some complaints from other about breakfast and noise we didn't notice. At least not the noise. We never had breakfast there and it did look simple. But who cares when there are so many restaurants and stalls in the area. It's not the type of package hotel so if you're looking for that you might be disappointed.

The place has character and we truly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
South West England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Hotel was very central and clean. No lift, and my room was on the 4th floor, but the chap on reception took my bags up for me, and brought them down when I checked out. Everyone smiled and could not be more helpful. I loved being there and would not hesitate with staying there again. It isnt a big flashy hotel, but the price reflected what you got, a nice small hotel in a quiet soi, with lovely staff, clean linen. Room cleaned and Breakfast was nice. Coffee available throughout the day and free wifi.... impressed!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Like everything in the service industry its the staff that makes the difference.BaanSaladaeng staff are very friendly helpful and hot...LOL!!!
Location is good as we spent most of our time in Silom and Mahboonkrong center is an easy 10mins BTS ride away.
However we stayed in the Black and White room and was very noisy.Everytime the next room occupants took a shower we could hear the water running and sometimes they came back at 3am.When people talked downstairs and walked up and down we could hear it.and theres a dog next door who barked frequently.Couldnt get a decent nights sleep all through our stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

First off I'd like to say that this is not a Sheraton nor the Mariott, nor the Mandarin Oriental. If you want to stay at a giant hotel chain with all the perks of having sound proof walls, pools and a concierge, then you should go there and pay those prices. This is a tiny 6 story boutique hotel owned by a really nice Danish dude named Jerry. Room rates start at 1200 baht and as such, you shouldn't be expecting much to begin with for a 3 star room just minutes from BTS Silom.

We arrived with no reservations. We got tired of staying at Suk 11, a cozy hostel with a old fashioned Thai countryside feel, and wanted something more modern. After a quick call to Baan Saladaeng were were told that they had a room (the Modern Oriental Room) for the night. After a getting lost thanks to some incorrect directions from our guide book, and we were in. Clean, cute, for 1500 baht a pretty good deal. . Unfortunately they were booked for the rest of the weekend. but we had told Jerry that if there were any cancellations, we'd be happy to stay for the rest of our trip. The next morning we were in luck a cancellation. But only on the 6th floor the penthouse room, ( Mediterranean Sky Penthouse and deck). Jerry was great! He let us stay in the Penthouse (normally 2500 baht) at the same rate!

Jerry is so friendly and so is all of the other staff. The rooms are great and much more enjoyable than your average 3 star hotel in Bangkok. It's location at BTS Silom was better than my first place at BTS Nana too.

I'd stay here again. Sure there's no pool, that's my only gripe, but it sure was a nice place to stay!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

They allowed me to stay at an earlier time considering that the check in time is 1 in the afternoon. The room was nice and its too big for me... its clean and the receptionist were cool, of course, they are Filipinos like me... I will be staying here again this coming April of 2009

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Baan Saladaeng? Share your experiences!