“Great tailor, fast service and accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 260 Shopping in Bangkok
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Great tailor, fast service and accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here after getting many rec's from coworkers and he was great! I asked him to make me two dresses and a skirt. I now wish I had thought ahead to bring pics of other clothes I'd like him to replicate. The day I saw him I was wearing a work dress I wanted him to duplicate so he was able to see it in person. If I didn't have a picture or the item with me I don't know how well it would have turned out. He was able to make all three items within a few days. I initially asked him to make the dress and skirt. When I went in for my fitting I decided to get another dress made. He was able to finish the two items and make the second dress in 24 hours.

My male coworker has gone to him a number of times and can now email him info on what he wants and it works out perfectly. If I get a chance to go back, I will definitely use him again.

Visited February 2013

San Diego, California
“Very good tailor but have a few fittings for suits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Pinky is very good as long as you are specific about the details you want. I think his fees £350-550 for a suit depending on material are good for bespoke. You need to specify every detail. A suit needs 1-2 fittings to get right.
I've had 2 suits made by him. The first I had time and went back for fitting and adjustment. Perfect,
The second I assumed he'd get right based on the first and didn't go back for a fitting. I was short of time as I was flying the next day. The suit was delivered but the jacket wasn't cut correctly and he'd missed out the working cuffs, ticket pocket etc that I'd specified on the first suit. My fault really, the guy cant perform miracles.
Fantastic as long as you give him time.

Newcastle, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“I challenged Pinky, and got what I wanted, as I wanted it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I knew I was going to find good workmanship and fast taylors in Bangkok, so I carried with me a treasured, 15 year old designer silk jacket I bought in a high class Japanese inspired shop in Milan (Surimono, Corso Monforte, Milan- Italy). I followed then the recommendation of the Lonely Planet, which wrote that I would have find here good Thai silk, and I could touch it. Very true, thanks Lonely! I was there at about 4 pm. and showed the jacket to one of the assistants. He immediately saw that the craftmanship was unusual. The jacket has a complex, albeit simple, collar, and went "Wow, this is designer stuff!" So, he checked with the tailor if she/he could manufacture two new, similar pieces in three days. She/he was challenged and sayd yes. I choose amongst the fabulous Thai silk they have - not a huge selection, but high quality (do not go for the Chinese silk, it tends to pull apart at the stitching, in particular at the shoulder/sleeves). Thai silk washes very well (cold, hand wash) and endures endless travelling. It is light but strong. I choose a golden orange and a dove gray silk, and then they took the "sample" and I waited. Pinky wanted to best the original, so, I have now two slightly longer jackets, more fit for a middle aged woman. In three days I had my new designer pieces, and it was with pride that they described what they did, managing even to complete with beautiful, hand-crafted buttons. Now I have their address and I can send from Australia treasured old "samples" and have them re-designed by Pinky. The price...not cheap for Thai standards, but very cheap for Australian standards. I paid the equivalent of 70 AUD all included per jacked. A real bargain for a designer piece! And, it is custom-made, which makes your piece unique!

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Recommendable but not the best.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I can recommend Pinkys. Had a suit and a couple of shirts tailored from them.
If you look for modern styles talk to the junior boss. He is really creative and has fancy ideas for casual shirts. The service is good, but don't show up when they are about to close-

Visited August 2012
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Very fast and good workmanship”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

After reading many reviews online i was kinda skeptical about pinky. But nevertheless I decided to give it a try since its near my hotel. Went on Wednesday and its ready on Thursday. Very fast and I had brought my old pants for them to follow the cutting and design, it fits like a glove when I got it. In total I made 3 pants at 2500 baht per pc. Not the cheapest in BKK but its worth it due to their service and workmanship.