“TRUST-WORTHY & SKILLFUL TAILOR IN BANGKOK” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Shops
Attraction Details
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“TRUST-WORTHY & SKILLFUL TAILOR IN BANGKOK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Quality:
Pinky Tailor has a great selection of high quality fabrics to choose from.
The shop has the fabrics divided by price so it is easy to navigate the many fabric choices.
The workmanship is unbelievable. Pinky measures every crevice of your body so your suit is truly the perfect fit for you.

Customer Service:
Pinky is actually there to measure and ensure the highest standards of the work.
His son is also on hand to give great style and design advice.
When they something will be done, it will be done.
Also, if you have anything that you want changed or adjusted, they do not give you a hard time.

Price:
Slightly high than other good tailors in Bangkok, but worth every extra baht.

Tip:
If you get a suit, ask them to throw in the vest at no extra charge. Even if you won't wear the suit as a 3-piece... you can use the vest separately.
Also, he can put your initials in the suit... so that it really has a personal touch. Ask for that at the beginning when you place your order. If you wait too late, they will not be able to add it in.

Location:
The shop is not fancy or anything, but the suit they make will be perfect.

Visited September 2012

Brisbane Australia
13 attraction reviews
“Bangkok dental work less stressful!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have just returned from our holiday where we tested out key trip advisor Bangkok and Hoi An recommendations for tailoring. See separate reviews for Nickerman's Bangkok and Yaly and Kimmy's both in Hoi An.

I need to emphasise the final Pinky suit is a premium suit, looks great and fits perfectly - but frankly having major dental work done in Bangkok (2 crowns and a bridge on titanium implants) was less demanding.

We chose Pinky for the men's suit- as we believed they would not be as complicated as the women's dresses and jacket being tailored at Nickermann's.

My main criticism was that he should not have needed our help to see the obvious problems . Trip advisor is full of stories about tailors who will try to up-sell and refuse to acknowledge faults which will require a tuck or nip - and insist the product looks good from the first fitting - I did not expect to have to deal with this at a higher cost tailor. This was my major disappointment!
Had I trusted/believed the hype I'd have an unshaped "sack" with sleeves that are not joined correctly at the shoulder and fell improperlly, pants that were both frankly "baggy"and pulled inappropriately.
Know clearly what outcome you want - a premium suit, middle of the road or tight budget -thiswill determine how much room you have to move on the next issue;
Have some idea of the fabric quality, texture/composition/quality, colour and pattern you'd prefer;
Pay attention to the detail - how many buttons, pockets, pleats. Do you want cuffs. Do you want a shaped fit, or relaxed fit? (If you want a relaxed fit, maybe ask yourself if a bespoke suit is really required)
Ensure you priorities enough time/days for fittings and alterations - do NOT run out of time to fix problems and make alterations.
Get the tailor, rather than the sales person, engaged as early as possible - he has a gifted eye for the detail and will save you significant "pain".
Take a trusted friend with you to cut through the hype and notice the problems with the back of the suit you can't really accurately observe.
Trust you own judgement - if you think it doesn't loo or feel right, then hold your line and be confident in requesting the alterations.

Visited July 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Higher quality than most in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Pinky doesn't sell cheap suits. His prices are slightly higher than many of the street touts or some of the other "quick turn" tailors on Sukhumvit but his suits are beautiful with high quality materials and workmanship.

Pinky is also a delight to deal with. I would highly recommend him.

Visited September 2011
melbourne
10 attraction reviews
“Great suits - reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I visited Pinky's tailors as it was close to my hotel and had been recommended by a friend. This is not the sort of tailors that touts for business out the front, or in the street, nor do they have a sign in the window saying they have ultra bargain suit packages.

I went in with an eye to see if I could find something right for me and I certainly did. Unlike a lot of tailors in Bangkok, this store has lots of customers, coming and going, from all countries, and at various stages of their fittings/purchases. I was pleasantly surprised to come across one customer from New York who was delighted to be showing off his new suit. It looked great, and was a good starting point in my decision to select a suit for myself.

There are three floors here, as others have mentioned, with different price levels and fabric ranges. The top floor has the cheapest fabrics (8000 baht per suit), to the bottom floor (25000 baht). You can choose your linings, and styles, and there are many shirt fabrics as well(from 1500 baht).

I ended up buying several suits and 6 shirts, and was able to have, in addition to the original measurements, 2 fittings, and it was all done. The whole process took about a week, with me travelling in between.

I was very happy with the end result, though there were a few things that I would pay attention to in the future. Some of the fabrics may have imperfections. Whoever makes the suits and shirts do not necessarily speak up about this, so it is a good idea to have a really good look over each finished product. I found a small mark on one of my pants, which Pinky looked over and said he would have a new pair by that afternoon, and the pair with the minor mark would be mine as a gift. The mark is barely noticeable so they will make an excellent back up pair.

I decided on a shirt style without pockets, and one of the shirts I chose turned up with a pocket. This would have been replaced, but I had no time left, and was not too fazed, though next time, I will make sure I am very specific.

Apart from those little things, I highly recommend Pinkys. They are a a busy business, but very flexible with fittings and times, and nothing seems to be too much trouble. Great service, with a beautiful end product.

Visited January 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Great quality affordable suits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Just a quick review. Went to Pinky's based on trip advisor recommendations. Very professional and a range of quality fabrics to choose from (three stories with different quality material available). My wife and I went for the middle floor indicating middle quality. We were measured and returned the following day for a fitting where he had a shirt and pants made for us to try. Everything fitted very well from original measurements.

Prices are very reasonable for the quality. I payed 25% of the cost of a similar non-tailored shirt I could get in Australia and similar for the suit.

Visited March 2011