“Great suits - reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 260 Shopping in Bangkok
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
melbourne
10 attraction reviews
“Great suits - reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I visited Pinky's tailors as it was close to my hotel and had been recommended by a friend. This is not the sort of tailors that touts for business out the front, or in the street, nor do they have a sign in the window saying they have ultra bargain suit packages.

I went in with an eye to see if I could find something right for me and I certainly did. Unlike a lot of tailors in Bangkok, this store has lots of customers, coming and going, from all countries, and at various stages of their fittings/purchases. I was pleasantly surprised to come across one customer from New York who was delighted to be showing off his new suit. It looked great, and was a good starting point in my decision to select a suit for myself.

There are three floors here, as others have mentioned, with different price levels and fabric ranges. The top floor has the cheapest fabrics (8000 baht per suit), to the bottom floor (25000 baht). You can choose your linings, and styles, and there are many shirt fabrics as well(from 1500 baht).

I ended up buying several suits and 6 shirts, and was able to have, in addition to the original measurements, 2 fittings, and it was all done. The whole process took about a week, with me travelling in between.

I was very happy with the end result, though there were a few things that I would pay attention to in the future. Some of the fabrics may have imperfections. Whoever makes the suits and shirts do not necessarily speak up about this, so it is a good idea to have a really good look over each finished product. I found a small mark on one of my pants, which Pinky looked over and said he would have a new pair by that afternoon, and the pair with the minor mark would be mine as a gift. The mark is barely noticeable so they will make an excellent back up pair.

I decided on a shirt style without pockets, and one of the shirts I chose turned up with a pocket. This would have been replaced, but I had no time left, and was not too fazed, though next time, I will make sure I am very specific.

Apart from those little things, I highly recommend Pinkys. They are a a busy business, but very flexible with fittings and times, and nothing seems to be too much trouble. Great service, with a beautiful end product.

Visited January 2012

Canberra, Australia
“Great quality affordable suits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Just a quick review. Went to Pinky's based on trip advisor recommendations. Very professional and a range of quality fabrics to choose from (three stories with different quality material available). My wife and I went for the middle floor indicating middle quality. We were measured and returned the following day for a fitting where he had a shirt and pants made for us to try. Everything fitted very well from original measurements.

Prices are very reasonable for the quality. I payed 25% of the cost of a similar non-tailored shirt I could get in Australia and similar for the suit.

Visited March 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Tailors, Great Suits and Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My partner and I were in Bangkok for a week at the end of January this year. Before we left Australia, I did some research on here and took the advice of going for a reputable tailor.
A quick google and you get the impression that there are a multitude of tailors in Bangkok. So why Pinkys?
Well, one, there were some good reviews on here; two, Pinkys web site provided some excellent advice other than trying to sell his suits as well as showing that his store has been there for quite a while proving Pinkys is not a fly by night setup; and three, absolutely fantastic location with respect to the BRT.
I know, none of this considers the quality of work but then again, at this stage of the game, I had never walked through the front door.
Well, I needed a couple of suits so after some easy negotiation of the BRT (fantastic in its own right), and a 200 metre walk, we were met at the door with a smile and genuine Thai welcome. After giving a brief explanation of what I was after, I had to pick the materials for the suit, and the style, and the lining. Probably not a bad idea to have something in mind before you hit the front door. But even though I didn't, Win was fantastic and did not try to sell anything but was patient and knowledgeable and definitely helped make the process much easier. Once the materials for the suits were chosen, it was onto shirts.
Does a kid in a candy shop mean anything to anyone?
Nothing was impossible and collar and cuff contrasts were only the beginning. I had intended only having two shirts made and ended up with four.
Cutting a long story short, we were heading up to Cheng Mai for a couple of days so I was asked to return the next afternoon for a fitting before we left to go north. In a little under 24 hours, the first shirt was made, the first trousers were made (both fitted perfectly) and the jacket was fitted.
Four days later, I picked up my two suits and four shirts. My partner picked up his three shirts and ordered another to be made up before we left Bangkok a little over 24 hours later (and yes, it was delivered to the hotel).
I have worn the suits every day to work and am still receiving compliments on the quality of the suits and the shirts.
So what started out as an indulgence on my part has turned out to be a fantastic experience and I have to admit that it will be difficult going back to buying a suit off the rack again.
Thanks Pinky. All the best.

Visited January 2011
Sydney, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“Good results, easy to deal with”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

After plenty of internet research I settled on Pinky's to make some trousers,shirts and vests (no suit jackets).
Their location is great. Very close to skytrain station (check their web site for details) so easy to get to.
I arrived before 10am on a Monday morning and they were actually open early. Off to a good start.
I selected my fabrics pretty quickly from a huge range - I got a range of shirt fabrics from basic (1500 Baht) a couple of better quality (2000 baht) and from their wash & wear range for the trousers & matching vests.
They were not pushy at any time - so unlike the tailors around Khao San Rd and along Sukhmvit.
They prefer 2 days before the next fitting, but they pushed mine to a day and a half as I only had 4 days before leaving. At the next fitting they made a few adjustments. All good. I was so happy with the basics I ordered 2 more shirts.
All were ready on time, and the fit and finish is all good.
If you are ordering short sleeve shirts check the length - I only tried long sleeve at the fitting, and the shirt length is a bit long for the short sleeve shirts to be worn untucked. they would have rectified this if I had an extra day in Bangkok, so full marks on this anyway.
I will visit them whenever I am in Bangkok now.

Visited January 2011
Bangkok
“Best Cut Suits in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

While Pinky Tailor is not for people on a tight budget, the quality of tailoring is excellent and well worth the money. I've tried numerous tailors throughout Bangkok and find this to be the best bet.