“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lub d Bangkok - Silom

You added Lub d Bangkok - Silom to your Saves list
Lub d Bangkok - Silom
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   4 Decho Road | Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand (Bang Rak)   |
Ranked #15 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I had a really pleasant stay at Lub D! The design of the hostel was chic, modern and the place was also really clean.

The night staff reception staff were really really helpful! Gave us good directions and tips :)

Would definitely go back if I'm back in Bangkok!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

This is a great hostel and has everything you could ever need. A DVD commonroom, free wifi and computers downstairs, fantastic security and very helpful staff.

The only downside of the whole stay was that the room (a double) didnt have any windows and was a little small. It was on the top floor which also got very hot.. but for a hostel you couldn't ask for much more!

The location is perfect for backpackers who want the fun of Bangkok away from chaotic Kao Sahn rd. Right near Patpong and the skytrain you can easily make your way around town.

There is a really helpful tour desk which arranges cheap and fun adventures and a great bar!

The staff however are the best part, even after we checked out in the morning they let us come back to the hostel after a sweaty day of shopping and shower and use the internet while we were killing time before our train left!

We'll be returning before the end of the trip!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
jakarta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Just checked out from Lub D. Stayed for 4 nights with my mom, uncle, his wife and cousin. Stayed at double rooms and lady dorm. The hotel is very clean and staff are friendly and helpful. The only problem is location, it is far from anywhere. Need to walk 10 minutes to get nearest 7-eleven, 15-20 minutes to nearest BTS. I was told by email that Patpong market is only 10 minutes walk, found out it is 20 minutes. The hotel has no elevator, it was my fault though since I didnt check before I book this hotel. The double room and lady dorm are located on 4th floor, we had so much trouble carrying our luggages to our rooms and must climb to 4th floor everyday...found it very unconvenience since I traveled with my mom...I felt at the stair when I carried my luggage down this morning. If you look for clean hotel, you may want to consider this one, but if you want good location I dont think this one is a good choice. If you travel with family just consider other hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Lub_d, Manager at Lub d Bangkok - Silom, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Lub d. We are sorry that you found the hostel to be inconvenience due to the location and the fact that we don’t have elevator at our facility.

Normally, our staffs will help our guests out with luggage since we understood that, for elderly, carrying luggage to the fourth floor could be difficult. We apologize that we missed providing this help to your group that day. As for the distance to BTS station, the closest station is Chong Non Sri which is about one and a half block from our hostel, or roughly 10 minutes walk. We understood that for a larger group of people, with elderly, this could take longer (in your case, 20 minutes). We are sorry that you found it a little too far off.

We thank you for your comment. It is very useful to us and we are using your review to improve our service to people who travel as a big family. We need to do better job in providing support to family traveling, and we will. Thank you again for your review.

Wasin Hanthanupong
Hostel Manager
the world
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed in a private double room. Basic rooms but very clean, quiet and spacious. Free wifi internet connection in all rooms and downstairs. Computers, travel guides and board games available in the common area downstairs. Great location, walking distance from Patpong. Staff are friendly, however not always very helpful. The travel desk is very good - they can also arrange visas for ongoing travelers. Great stay if you are looking for basic and safe accommodation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Staffs were so kind and helped me. I recommend it to my friends, and I'll come back again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Lub_d, Manager at Lub d Bangkok - Silom, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
Dear Takuro,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. You know that our Hosts LOVE you! Your Thai friends seem like very nice people too. Too bad we didn't have time to chat.

We look forward to your next stay with us, Takuro! Have a great day!

Happy trails,

Your Lub d Hosts
The Whole Gang!

(^_^)
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

WOW it took me awhile before writing a review but here it is! I stayed at Lubd for a little over a month April-May of 2008. I am currently planning a trip back to thailand and my first thought was Lubd I will be staying there once again In October of this year! with a friend this time! I highly recommend this hotel Great staff, Clean rooms, lot's of Laptops on the main floor and most importantly they have Wi-Fi:) Here's a link to my trip in Thailand and your'll see a few pictures in there of the Hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
Lub_d, Manager at Lub d Bangkok - Silom, responded to this review, July 6, 2009
Dear dbutcher777,

Thank you very much! We LOVE your video! Most of our hosts in your video are still working happily with us, fortunately. <wink> Only Fai left to pursuit a master's degree.

We look forward to receiving you again in October.

Happy trails,

Your Lub d Hosts
The Whole Gang!

(^_^)
Macau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

I had my 4-night stay at Lub D during the Chinese New Year holiday in a private double room. The room was clean and a very big window allowed sunlight to shine in. The room design is very simple but cozy... I did enjoy staying in the room so much! The staff were very helpful and polite most of the time. Security in the hostel and around the neighbourhood is good... Hostel guests have to use their key cards to pass the doors. I found the whole stay very safe and comfortable.
The best thing I love about Lub D is the parlour in the open space outside the entrance, where people from different parts of the world meet up, chat, have a drink and lot of fun during the night... sometimes till the next morning. It made me feel young ^o^
Its location, though not right at the heart of the shopping area, is convenient enough to reach everywhere by BTS for its promixity to Chong Nonsi station (10-15 minutes' walk). Morever, a free bus (route #15) passes Sofitel Silom on the main road can take you to Erawan (4-face buddha), Siam Centre, MBK, Kaoshan, etc. Just hop on one and it's for FREE!!!
What else can I ask for? It's just a hostel, reasonably-priced hostel!!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Lub_d, Manager at Lub d Bangkok - Silom, responded to this review, May 26, 2009
Dear winnieboy88,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We appreciate it. ^_^

We love the front porch because of the same reason - to watch the world passes by in front of you and to mingle with other fellow world travelers.

Hope to see you at Lub d again soon. Macau is not far from Thailand at all. When economic situation improves, we might send a couple of Hosts to Macau to see Las Vegas of the Far East and enjoy your interesting history and culture.

Very friendly regards,

Your Lub d Friendly Hosts
The Whole Gang! ^_^

Been to Lub d Bangkok - Silom? Share your experiences!