I arrived with my friend in Lub'D at 7am, fresh off a 18 hour journey from London. Very pleased initially with what seemed to be a perfect example of a flashpacker hostel. Good location, close to the BTS and metro systems. The food, both on the street and in restaurants was excellent - if you're looking for a good, cheap bite to eat, just walk across the street to the place opposite.
Rooms are excellent, and the bathroom was probably the best I experienced throughout my travels in S.E. Asia! Staff are great and helpful. Not a place to stay for an extended period of time, mainly due to the price! However, it was a great place to ease into the Asian experience, as Bangkok is definitely a full-on place to visit. I checked in again the day before my flight home for a touch of home comforts as well. Would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Lub d Bangkok - Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Lub d Bangkok - Silom Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic, trend-setting ‘original Lub d’ is still a ‘Bangkok must’ for many who are aware of its deserved reputation. With a downtown location conveniently places in Silom, Bangkok business district, Lub d - Silom is surrounded by a plethora of shops, coffee shops, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Silom buzzes from early morning until late night. Travellers are connected via the nearby BTS skytrain and the pier for boat rides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelWorld, Tingo, Agoda, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Lub d Bangkok - Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.