“best new hotel in bangkok” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #15 of 765 Hotels in Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Phuket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

Just want to say congratulations to Le Meridien Bangkok, Amazing hotel, great employees, great rooms, great spa. We had a lovely time in the hotel an excellent experience full of attention from everybody.

The location is excellent you are in the middle of Bangkok, and the sky train station at a short walk.

Thank you again and we will come back soon!!

• Liked — Spa, Cleanliness of the rooms, Front office staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

I stayed in this brand new hotel for 3 nights as a SPG Platinum member of which 2 nights were free award nights. Although it is a very nice hotel with very well-trained and friendly staff, I found it a little too "small" for a Le Meridien. The location is great for those who want the Patpong night life, but if you are not into these little go-go bars, I found it a little too far from the Sukhumvit shopping area, although it is only 2 stops away by BTS. As we know, you have to negotiate the crowd or else, fight with the taxi drivers who are willing to go for short distance. The Bamboo Chic is a good place to go for a drink but when I was there the night before I left, unfortunately there were only my friend and I in the bar - it would be so much nicer if this hotel is more bubbly, perhaps not too many people knew its existence. There was no executive lounge but they served me complimentary cocktail during happy hour with complimentary sushis which were great - there is a beautiful sushi counter in Bamboo Chic. I found the rate of US190 a little too stiff for a "small" hotel and with this rate, one can opt for more convenient locations in Sukhumvit areas. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is very nice and the staff very polite and couteous. I would recommend this hotel to people who do not mind the area

• Liked — Room decor and spacious bathroom
  • Disliked — The 2 automatic curtains in the room did not completely black out the room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

The hotel have a very convenient location for those on business and leisure. I was in Bangkok to attend a conference in a hotel by the Chao Phraya River. I decided to stay at the Le Meridien Bangkok to try out the new Le Meridien brand hotel. It was just 10 mins drive to the hotel where the conference is held.

I arrived at 9 pm and was greeted by the friendly concierge guys who helped me with the luggages. Check-in process was quick enough as they were already expecting my arrival. There is a piece of art (man carrying a dog smoking a cigarrate) when you arrive at the main door....ask any of the staff and they will tell you a story.

The room is generously spacious, trendy decoration with a Thai touch. There was a poem written on the wall just above the bed. I didn't have a chance to find out what it was though. I absolutely love the bathtub as it was deep and long enough to fit me! There is a sliding door that separates the bathroom and the room however you could open the sliding door and watch TV while enjoying your bath....which I did on most nights. I must say that the room was quite well thought of except for the electricity plug points which were not so convenient. I had to use the plug point in the cupboard for the hairdryer.

The hotel is just located diagonally across to patpong area and there are loads of shops, restaurant, bars and night life there. I was knackered when I arrived and was desperate for a massage, manicure and pedicure. I would have visited the hotel's spa however the last appointment was already booked. I walked out of the hotel literally 20 m is a shop for manicure and pedicure and next to it was a massage place. I killed 2 birds with one stone! Fantastic! The good thing is that the shops in Surawongse Road opens till midnite and 1 am.

Breakfast was healthy and there were goat cheese steam egg (cannot recall the name) was delicious. There is frozen yoghurt with mix berries which I adore. Good mix of Asian and Western selection. I just wish I had more time for breakfast.

On the last day of my stay, I took a quick walk to see the spa and the swimming pool and regretted that I didn't decide to spend the weekend there. The pool area has lots of sun and they have the sunbeds in little square cabana type shelter. The Spa was modern and futuristic look.

The staff were brilliant and they remembered my name and greeted me by name all the way!

I would have taken some photos if I had a camera with me. But I guess you could get some idea from their website www.lemeridien.com/bangkok

• Liked — The staff, the design of the hotel and the location
  • Disliked — The inconvenience of the electrical socket in the room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

Stayed at the spanking new Le Meridien in Bangkok last week. Located just opposite the Patpong, this hotel seems to have gotten it right as a newly opened hotel in a highly competitive market such as Bangkok. The staff seem well trained, friendly and spontaneous. The room is comfortable. Overall, the hotel fits in well with the new Le Meridien brand image. There are 2 restaurant outlets, both of which offer meals at very good value for a 5* hotel. Breakfast is fantastic with excellent choices. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

First, it's important to note that I am a SPG Plantinum member, and some of these benefits are not available to all.

#1 The service here was amazing. Only 3 floors of the hotel are currently open, as the property itself just opened recently. The staff to guest ratio is pretty high, so plenty of attention is given to all. Of all the staff interactions I had, I felt all of them truly cared for my well-being.

#2 Location is near Sale Daeng metro rail and in the Patpong district. It is lively in the area, with plenty of street vendors and excitement. Good mix of locals and tourists alike. The hotel is one of the best in the neighborhood, and that is made obvious when passer-by's are taking pictures of the hotel from the street.
That said, nearby, the area does get a bit "seedy" at night with plenty of offers of massage, visits to shows, and other services. It didn't bother me one bit, and I felt it gives the area some character. If nothing else, makes you appreciate coming back to the hotel. I just wouldn't let my kids run free, unsupervised.

#3 Amenities. Standard run-of-the-mill bathroom toiletries. French pressed coffee, wireless internet throughout the hotel. Gym is clean and well-kept; my favorite are the ice cold wash cloths available to guests immediately following a workout. The pool is fair sized with outdoor seating and food & beverage service available. No Bangkok city noise heard from the rooms, it was peaceful and quiet.

The only problem I encountered was a cool feature on the TV. They allow you to browse Bangkok airport arrivals and departures. Unfortunately, it had not been updated since 12/25/08 - several weeks ago. I had never seen this feature at a hotel before, but unfortunately it was not working on this trip.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed January 2009
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

Just wanted to write a quick note telling you how much my friends and I have enjoyed our stay at the Le Meridien Bangkok.

For a brand new hotel - they sure knew what they were doing. The modernity of the facade near Patpong was not at all out of place. It was nice to come back to an urban oasis after a day of shopping, eating, drinking and other merriment. It was just a neat and new experience, to be met by a huge window film of a James Dean like character smoking, in which you then enter a calm, soothing, scented lobby with contemporary and sleek furnishings.

The hospitality experience was of course expected for a hotel in Thailand - the land of smiles! But it certainly was the highest and friendliest service I’ve ever witnessed! The team in a cool and fashionable chicness greeted us each time in the driveway and at the door. The driveway attendant radio-ed the Doormen that we were coming in - then the Doormen or Concierge would rush to greet us. The handsome tall doormen and beautiful smiling ladies greeted us every time of the day with their graceful "wai".

They pretty much made us feel like royalty. Each of them were very professional and looked like they fit perfectly within the new and rebirthed Le Meridien style.

The rooms were uniquely modeled and finished with deep relaxing mahogany type wood and the headboard was very innovative. The bathroom suite was fantastic and very cool as you could open the bathroom entirely to the rest of the bedroom and see the sunset from the bathtub.

We were able to dine at Bamboo Chic and the food was phenomenal. The service was impeccable and flavors very palatable and delicious to Asian tastes. The Japanese Head Chef greeted every table that evening. Latest Recipe - the all-day dining outlet gave again wonderful service in an open kitchen setting serving a cornucopia of Asian, Western and special Thai dishes. Fresh thai noodles, fresh fruit smoothie shooters, and daily special food items delivered by the hostesses make the meal an enjoyable relaxing one. Starting every morning off with the signature Illy coffee doesnt hurt too much either! ;)

The pool is an urban escape several floors high from the bustling streets and all you can see from your lawnchair is the clear blue skies. The gym is ok sized but has all the fittings that an avid athlete might need. I went everyday!

Please tell your staff “Kop kun ma krop!”

• Liked — Design and hospitality
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Le Meridien Bangkok? Share your experiences!