“Superb hotel with outstanding focus on care and service in all areas!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Bangkok

Package Deal
Ranked #18 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 2,018 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
“Superb hotel with outstanding focus on care and service in all areas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Myself, wife and daughter cannot remember a better hotel experience than our recent stay At Le Meridien, the attention to care and service was second to none, the room was immaculate and well presented, the food was amazing (especially the breakfasts)... In short, we will stay here on our every visit and I'll be adding it to the top of my list for my reccomended hotel for all my family, friends and business associates visiting Bangkok.. Fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I've stayed at Le Meridien Bangkok at least five times now for both business and pleasure, and just love it! Although the red light district neighborhood isn't my favorite at night, I have my choice massage and food places around there. Transportation is easy with the BTS Sala Daeng station a short walk away, and taxis easy to catch. The hotel is truly an oasis the minute you step in from the bustle of Patpong! What a relaxing atmosphere in the lobby with the soft music and nice scents. The amazing staff here makes the hotel. They always go above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. The rooms are modern furnished, and also completely block out the noise of the hectic area below. The swimming pool is not big, but serves well enough for relaxation or a few short laps. And although I'm not a big breakfast person, I can't help stuffing myself at their breakfast spread. Nice variety of eastern and western options, including many fruits and juices. I can't say enough great things about this hotel! I'm always impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Renee_Benedetti, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear travelaux,

On behalf of the entire team we thank you for selecting our hotel and for taking the time to detail your excellent experience.

We are so pleased to hear that you love our service culture, culinary moments, pool area and the hotels location to your favorite restaurants and massage. Moreover, to read that you enjoyed the variety of our signature breakfast brings us much pride.

We would like to share your comments among our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Bangkok very soon.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife booked Le Meridien for a layover we had in Bangkok between stays for our Honeymoon. It also happened to be my birthday.

The doormen were great. We arrived at 9am and our luggage was taken from us. reception informed us that they would like to upgrade us for my birthday/honeymoon and our room would be ready in15 minutes - check in wasn't until the afternoon. We were served frozen yogurt while we waited.

Once we got to the room we were impressed with the circle bed and the view from 2203. The room has many incredible amenities including a rain shower. After being out on the town for the day, we ordered room service for dinner. I ordered pizza, which was the best I had in Asia, while my wife had the pad thai. Both portions were very big. We were surprised with a honeymoon cake and a few smaller deserts with a candle for my birthday.

We paid a little extra to have breakfast included in the morning. The breakfast was a huge buffet spread with food for every taste. I love breakfast and there was just so much to choose from. It's worth it and enjoy!

Many people are concerned with the location and if you are not a night owl there is not much concern. Taxis are reasonably priced and the hotel will make whatever arrangements you need. Just be a smart traveler.

My wife and I each got a massage from the Spa. It is a bit pricey compared to other places we had been in Thailand, but it was a great experience.

The most impressive thing about Le Meridien Bangkok was the staff and overall customer service. They were incredibly welcoming and attentive. They really made our Honeymoon and my birthday a special moment we will never forget.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MrLito,

We are delighted you chose to stay with us for part of your honeymoon and Birthday. Very much enjoyed reading of your experience and I look forward to sharing with the team.

It is a pleasure to learn that you and your wife were impressed with our service culture, culinary experience, location and spa moment.

We are truly grateful that we were able to make your stay memorable and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next special occasion!.

Dordrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Nothing much to say about this hotel. The hotel was just perfect. The amenities were more and better than most hotels, staff was extremely nice, breakfast was delicious, (our) room was spacious. The bath tub water was yellow though, but this is the case is most south east Asian countries. As long you don't drink it straight from the tab, than it's safe.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had a layover in BKK before heading to other cities in Thailand. Stayed here one night. Personally not a fan of the neighborhood. Hotel is decent, quiet in the midst of a hectic community.

PROS:
1. Room was nice, good decor and lighting
2. Everything seemed modern

CONS:
1. Breakfast was brutal - had high expectations, but failed miserably

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear James L,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. We are pleased to know that our unique design and ambiance impressed you.

However, I am concerned to learn that the breakfast experience did not meet your high expectation. I would be grateful if you could provide me with further specifics of your breakfast experience, so that we can review and improve upon. I can be reached at renee.benedetti@lemeridien.com

We appreciate your valuable and constructive feedback and hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel was awesome! I truly enjoyed my stay here. The service was top notch and the room was very clean. The staff was very helpful with directions and anything we needed. They always greeted us and were very polite. Our room setup was basic, but very nice. I loved the bathroom setup and the sliding door for the toilet and shower. There was a small rip in our sheets, so the hotel should keep an eye out to get rid of those sheets, but it was nothing major at all. Due to our short stay we did not eat here so I can’t comment on the food. But the hotel was very nice and I truly enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is very close to the skytrain (2 blocks) and also to the Patpong red light district (1 block). I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear a300zx4pak,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit to Bangkok.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed our room set up and that our service team was able to assist you in a helpful way.

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the rip in your linen. We have already shared your comment with our housekeeping department and rest assured, your concerns will be addressed.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Bangkok on your next journey.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

It's my 3rd or 4th time to be here. The hotel is great for vacation travelers. It's in the silom area where you can find almost anything you need (food, massage) even in the middle of the mid-night. It takes 10 minutes walk to BTS Sala Daeng station. But if you want to go to Central World or Paragon, just take a cab which is convenient and shorter time.

The breakfast is awesome. Variety of food choice, especially the fruit selection is great. The front desk and concierge are super nice and helpful.

As a SPG Platinum member I normally get what I expect. The room is spacious, although in dark color. I will certainly stay here again for my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Bangkok? Share your experiences!