I just spent 5 nights at Le Meridien on Sulawong Road in Bangkok and it was one of the best hotel experiences I had and this despite the political protests taking place and creating a traffic nightmare in the area of the hotel. Not only was my room large, with a wonderful big window and a great bathroom, but the food at this hotel is outstanding. I didn't expect much when I ordered room service, having been disappointed with the food at so many nice hotels, but when my gnocchi with duck ragout arrived, I was so impressed, I made it a point to go to breakfast the next morning and I was glad I did. The dining room was the perfect breakfast local with big windows and lots of light, all the newspapers available for reading while sipping good coffee, great service and really delicious food. I'm not generally a fan of buffets because unless you are eating at the crack of dawn, you are faced with fruit cut hours before and lukewarm at best waffles and bacon. The buffet at Le Meridien Bangkok was an exception to this: fresh food, both hot and cold, beautifully prepared and presented and great service. In addition to the beautiful room and great food, all members of the staff at this hotel were genuinely interested in ensuring that my stay was excellent. Also worth noting, Le Meridien is located close to the BTS Sky Train, so getting around, even with many roads blocked by the protests, was easy.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Le Meridien Bangkok Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Silom commercial district and just metres from the energetic Patpong Night Market, Le Meridien Bangkok offers 282 guestrooms and touch screen IP phone. An innovative restaurants, a bar and a stylish lounge entice guests with menus introducing stimulating cuisine, creative cocktails and an international range of coffee blends. Also available are the intimate meeting rooms, a unique lifestyle floor with Spa, fitness and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Splendia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Le Meridien Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.