“Style and class throughout” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #14 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“Style and class throughout”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed at Le Meridien Bangkok numerous times and have always had delightful stays, but my most recent stay was so exceptional that I'm moved to write about it. There are a range of highlights in this hotel: sleek interiors; efficient and professional staff; a central location convenient for shopping (e.g. CentralWorld); trendy and well presented rooms; possibly the most gloriously comfortable beds and pillows to be found in the city; and superb in-room dining.

However, the service during my most recent stay stood out as second to none. I was grateful to the Duty Manager, Sathontip, who dealt with my requests with outstanding responsiveness and hospitality. As an SPG member, I felt not only preferred, but like a genuinely valued guest, and was welcomed warmly by staff throughout the hotel. Le Meridien Bangkok is a class act inside and out; once you stay you will want to return, and will be hard pressed to find another hotel in the city that offers similar quality yet value for money.

Room Tip: The Vista Plus corner rooms offer excellent vistas of the BKK skyline. Also worth upgrading to the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Bangkok and for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to read that our team has consistently exceeded your expectations over the years. Moreover, we thank you for recommending our iconic hotel to other travelers and the entire team look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back for a further stay in ‘style and class’.

With Best Regards,

Director – Sales + Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wow! We just spent 5 days at the Meridien in Bangkok and were totally blown away. This was our second visit to this hotel and it has gotten even better. My partner had a rough start to the trip as his luggage was "lost" by Thai Air. The hotel staff/concierge desk were super helpful in tracking and getting Thai Air to deliver his luggage a few days later. They always followed up and made sure they stayed on top of it.
On the other hand, they also made sure we got recommendations to great restaurants and arranged all of our meals. One evening, the concierge personally walked us to the restaurant. Absolutely amazing! Big thanks to both Natee and Kok for making us feel at home while away. We are scheduled to be back in Bangkok next week and have changed our plans to ensure we stay here vs. the other property we had reservations at.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if you are an SPG member.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for choosing to visit us and for taking the time to share this excellent comment.
It is so wonderful to read that we were able to do your stay with us truly memorable, and that our service culture ‘amazed and WOWed’ you.
We have shared your compliments with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Kind Regards,

Olney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had never stayed in this part of town and decided I would give it a go. I really liked this hotel. I had a corner room with huge windows. The room was modern and well arranged. The bathroom was quite nice with large soaking tub and separate shower. It opened onto the suite so there was plenty of natural light. The bed was low to the ground and very comfortable.
I had the breakfast buffet and thought it was a good value.
All staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The pool and workout facility are very nice too.

Room Tip: get a corner room for large windows with views across the skyline of Bangkok
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

May we thank you for sharing your experience followed on your recent stay at our hotel, located in the Silom area.
It brings us much joy to learn that you like our culinary arrangements as well as that our corner rooms have inspired you, while they provide an open 90-degree view of the vibrant city.

Our team would be really proud to welcome you again when you decide to return to Bangkok.

With Best Regards,

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visit Bangkok occasionally for holidays. I have stayed at the Le Meridien twice before. My wife and I like visiting the night market and listening to some music at the bars. The hotel is just over the road and you can quickly return to the hotel from the market. This time our stay was 4 days and we also had my late teen daughter and her boyfriend. Of the general area most of the interest is at night. There are lots of ping pong shows and its worth visiting once however the touts quickly become tiresome. If you go further afield the bts is within walking distance or catch a taxi to the central area. One tip, when going to the night market I have never bought anything for more than half the asking price. Most of the time its a third and at that you could do better if you really try. After 3 nights patpong area starts to get tiresome.

Personally I find the ambiance a little dark but that being said it is all good quality. As a Starwood platinum I was upgraded to a really nice suite and drinks at Bamboo. Had good service allround. The breakfast is good with plenty of variety and quantity and my wife and I could skip lunch. The kids I sent out to a local breakfast bar and they found some good options for excellent pricing.

I wasnt keen on the pool. It was dark cool and windy when we visited and the pool is shallow. Internet was ok.

I recommend if in Bangkok to devote a few days here as its a quality hotel in an interesting location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for the second time and for taking time to write these useful tips for other guests of our hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with the overall service and facilities of the hotel and your feedback both positive and constructive is very much appreciated. It is always of immense value to us to continuously understand the level of our guest satisfaction as well as to constantly monitor and measure our service and standards at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

Kind Regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I don't know when this hotel was built but the design reminded me of what I would imagine a luxury hotel would look like in 1980s Russia. There's a lot of dark wood, orange lighting, black marble. The space feels too full especially in the bar upstairs where the lighting dominates the eye.

I don't know why I noticed this because I rarely comment on hotel design but there we are. That was my first impression. No matter, in common with most good hotels in Thailand the service is impeccable and all that dark wood and black marble clearly cost a fortune. I had a room on the smoking floor (no non-smoking available) and it did have a strange smell to it but that doesn't explain the strange smell in the corridor or indeed downstairs outside the lifts.

Lovely room on the 18th floor despite the smell with all amenities known to man. The pool area on the 6th floor didn't get the sun in the afternoon but the bar service there made up for it. Breakfast was great with lots of food stations and choices to suit most nationalities.

You can't beat the location either. Only the prudish should avoid.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
May we thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to Bangkok and for taking the time to write about your experience.
It is brilliant to know that you have spoiled your taste buds by our signature breakfast and that you found all facilities in your guest room useful,beside that they provide an exciting panorama view on the energetic Thai capital.

Moreover, we appreciate your honest feedback and feel sorry that you not much like the contemporary interior design of our hotel, which has been opened by the end of 2008. Rest assured we have shared your post amongst all our team members and we look forward to welcoming you back.

With Kind Regards, meanwhile
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nothing really to fault the hotel for here. My Spa rating is based on the hotel gym rather than the spa services proper. The staff was uniformly courteous and attentive.

The hotel is situated near a funk Night Market in the Patpong area, which is also something of a red light district, which may not please everyone, but which is certainly an authentic modern Thai experience, hence my very good rating.

The hotel breakfast is remarkable: a buffet featuring European, Thai, Japanese and Chinese options, including eggs and pho prepared to order. I didn't need to eat lunch!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel service was great keeping to the high standards of spg. Check in was smooth. The toilet is splendid and spotless. Breakfast selection was good although with little on the pricier side as I had to pay for it since my package did not came withbreakfast. However if you need a coffee and toast, there are plenty of options around. Location is alright although I feel it's too close to pat pong and distance to mrt and lrt is a 10 min definitely ok for adults but young toddlers might be a problem. Pool is a little small but the bar serves great small bites to go with your wine. They have decent promo from time to time and remember to ask. Overall good experience and other than checking the location to see if fits definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Le Meridien Bangkok? Share your experiences!