“Oasis in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Oasis in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two days in June before we headed off to Koh Samui and completely enjoyed our time here. The check in was very quick and was served a very refreshing welcome drink. The rooms were immaculate and spacious, there was a coffee press in the room with plenty of coffee, sugar, and creamer and 6 bottles of water. The highlight of the stay was the fantastic staff throughout, we always felt very welcomed and looked after the whole time. The staff at the front would hail you a taxi, provide the directions to the driver, hand you a card to get back AND tell you how much the fare should cost. It really gave us peace of mind as it was our first time in Thailand and it helped to have their local knowledge so you didn’t feel ripped off. The location was great, very close to lots of restaurants and bars, we also dined in the restaurant one evening, taking advantage of their Asian dinner buffet which was very well priced and absolutely delicious! Their food and beverage team were just fantastic and ensured our drinks were topped up and clean cutlery was always brought over. We went to see the pool, but didn’t have time to go for a swim however it looked very nice and seemed well-staffed.

I would definitely return to this hotel the next time I come to Bangkok, thanks again to the staff for a great start to our holiday.

• Stayed June 2013
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for staying with us and to taking the moment to write this excellent review.
We are delighted that you were able to experience our signature hospitality in service in every part of the hotel, as well as that the main reason why you consider our hotel as a great one, is our talented staff.
Such comments help us to remain our highly motivated team and to achieve the service levels for which we are known .
All our team will be happy to see you again in our hotel.

With Best Regards,

1,781 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Attention to details is how the best hotels distinguish themselves and Le Meridien in Bangkok does this marvelously. I checked in very early, was told that I needed to wait until the room was ready but 3 front staff worked on my case and I had a beautiful room in 5 minutes (do opt for the circular bed if you can - fantastic feeling!). My experience in Asia is that rooms are clean, but not necessarily to German standards - not so here - spotless. Other reviews complain about the "red light" area - but that is evident in many parts of Bangkok and like it or not, it is part of the "culture" and part of life. My advice - just bypass it! Highly recommend the hotel.

Traveler Tip: For a premier "professional" massage, 300 meters west on 94 Suriwong Road is Tiger Thai Massage. Laurent (a French import) has been in Thailand for 15 years and has opened 2 outstanding massage establishments. Besides easier to converse in English (and French), Laurent picks the best masseuses form the Wat Pho massage school (the original). Well worth a visit after a long airplane ride!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a circular bed!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to share your excellent compliments with us.
Indeed, we are always putting a lot of attention to details and understand from our valuable guests, like you -hat this is highly appreciated from our customers and creates a distinction. Our entire team will be thrilled to hear on your comments. It will be in our pleasure to welcome and impress you once again.

With Best Regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in recent months and have enjoyed each visit. My issue is with the door men. As I departed today I asked for a metered taxi to the airport. The staff waiving down a taxi for me appeared to work hard to get a taxi sitting across the street. I confirmed with the front door man that I wanted a metered taxi. Sure enough, as soon as I got in and took off the taxi driver insisted on Baht500 to DM airport (a Baht200 fare). I refused and asked to get out of the taxi. He ended up agreeing to take me on the meter. Plenty of taxi scams in Bangkok; however, I DO NOT expect my hotel to be the one setting me up and arranging the scam! What if the passenger had been my wife? NOT WHAT I'D EXPECT FROM A 5 STAR HOTEL. If i was the manager of this hotel I would fire the front door staff. I won't return until this is sorted out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

May we thank you for your continuous support and loyalty towards Le Méridien Bangkok.
It certainly is the highlight for us to see returning guests like yourself and that you have enjoyed each journey with us.
Your appreciated comment have been taken up by the concerned departments for a detailed review and an improvement where needed.
Once again, thank you for the time that you have taken to write this review for our hotel and please feel welcome to contact me directly
to oversee a further booking with us.

With our best wishes,

Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I travel quite a bit to some of the more exotic countries,
and I always stay at Le Meridien BKK during the overnight
transit.

Le Meridien BKK to me is quite special, it isn't like a normal 5 star hotels,
while the service is great, the main attraction isn't Service or Food or location,
(All three are great btw).

What is special to me is that Le Meridien BKK doesn't feel like a hotel. From the
Ralph Gibson Photos in front to the specialized elevator ambiance to the
fantastic meeting rooms with library of books, I feel like I am in
the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

That is why I will always come here when I run away once in a while to
recharge, rejuvenate and be enriched.

Room Tip: Get a room further away from the lifts.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

May we thank you for your honest loyalty and kind patronage towards Le Méridien Bangkok.
We are proud to know that not only our service philosophy provides an unique experience for you,but also that we are able to create this ‘Museum of Modern Art in New York’ perception in your eyes. Art is one of our passion points and we are happy to share it with our open-minded guests.

It will be in our pleasure to welcome you during your next visit to Bangkok and to have this exchanging of cultures again.Please feel welcome to contact me directly to oversee a further booking with us. Meanwhile, be creative!

With our best wishes,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Disclaimer: Stayed here in December 2011

**Location**
This hotel is located in a very busy and commercial part of Bangkok. However this also means that you'll be well connected with tuk tuks and taxis.

**Service**
The service was regular run-of-the-mill. For an international Starwood property in this part of the world, we did not see the Asian hospitality we experienced all over Thailand.
The breakfast was overpriced and while the options were many, it wasn't the best quality.

**Property**
The actual hotel is new, and has funky architecture and a modern theme. The room is well appointed as you'd expect at this price point from a Starwood property.

Room Tip: Skip the breakfast buffet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick_Zilinski, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feelings and experience on your visit with us in December 2011.
We are glad to hear that you have been impressed with the hotel`s design and showcased art pieces – as Art is one of our passion points.
All given feedback help to create memorable and inspiring stays for our guests. Indeed, a detailed service attention is truly a big asset
and we would appreciate that we can showcase to you our team promise during an upcoming visit to Thailand.
Please feel welcome to contact me directly, if you choose to return to us so that I can oversee a reservation for you.

With kind wishes, meanwhile
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a great hotel in an excellent location. The service was really good and made me feel like a prince! The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. It's one the best hotels that I have stayed in all my travels. I will highly recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We chose this hotel from a friend's recommendation and we were very happy with it. It served as a very comfortable, clean, and pretty hotel within the chaos of the city and we always felt really comfortable and welcome. The concierge was fantastic at helping us find places to eat at night and even when we left our Ipad cord after we left, they were great at holding onto it for us for our return at the end of the trip. Beds were extremely comfortable!

Location wise its in sort of the "downtown" area of Bangkok with a lot of office buildings and such, but still had very clear Bangkok flavor with street food vendors right outside and down the block. But it did feel a bit cleaner and less touristy than say staying in other areas like Khao San Road, which I would not recommend. Not sure its the BEST location in the city as the city is so massive, but it definitely worked well for us. Also it is near the MRT Subway line which everyone should use as it is very easy, cheap and clean.

The only cons I would list is that breakfast is not included and very pricey (though we saw worse), and no free Wi-Fi in the room - the only hotel throughout our own trip.

Overall we would definitely recommend. We stayed at Sukothai for a night on our way back home which is supposed to be a paradise and we still preferred Le Meridien - very nice without being over the top!

Room Tip: Request a high floor! Great views and no sound
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Bangkok? Share your experiences!