We sailed on a cruise with Celebrity Millenium and our 2nd port of call was Thailand. After a 2 hour coach journey into the city we had made up our minds to book into a hotel and spend the evening in Bangkok before returning to the cruise ship the following night.
We hadnt made any prior arragements and with it being Chinese new year we did try one or 2 hotels that were fully booked. We wanted to be near to the night markets so a cab driver took us to the meridien.
The hotel itself is very impressive, clean and spacious. The doorman greeeted us and we were bought a small iced coffee as it was very warm.The receptionist said we could get a discount on the room if we went online and booked. We needed 2 rooms for our party of 4 so everybody got out there ipads\iphones and tryed to connect to the hotels wifi. After 30 mins of trying the receptionist managed to get us connected and secured 2 rooms at a discounted price.
Our room was on floor 28 and we were not disappointed. The room was huge with a big cloud looking double bed and modern decor. We had a spectacular view as down one side of our room was a window that overlooked the city. The decor was very modern with the bathroom and bedroom interlinked if you wished. After a long day sight seeing it was heaven to relax in the wet room style shower and snuggle in the worlds most comfortable bed. In the morning the switch next to our bed drew up the electric blinds and we woke up to the view of another gorgeous morning in Bangkok. My other half used the kettle in our room to make a quick cup of coffee but i waited until we were back down in the lobby where i had another iced tea and a croissant for breakfast. Unfortunatley as our trip was short we didnt get to use the other hotel amenieties or eat in the restaurant but i would visit Le Meridien and bangkok again in a heartbeat!
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Le Meridien Bangkok Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Silom commercial district and just metres from the energetic Patpong Night Market, Le Meridien Bangkok offers 282 guestrooms and touch screen IP phone. An innovative restaurants, a bar and a stylish lounge entice guests with menus introducing stimulating cuisine, creative cocktails and an international range of coffee blends. Also available are the intimate meeting rooms, a unique lifestyle floor with Spa, fitness and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Le Meridien Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.