“My favorite hotel in BKK” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #16 of 774 Hotels in Bangkok
Bayonne, New Jersey
“My favorite hotel in BKK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I love the design of this hotel. The rooms are spacious and the service is great. The location is near a popular night market and park. The upgraded sweet rooms will impress. The breakfast buffet also offers guest a lot of options.

• Stayed September 2012
Nick_Zilinski, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

It gave us much pleasure to read your comments and to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, spacious room, location and our great services. We will definitely share your comments with the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

With all our very best wishes,

Le Méridien Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The staffs was very professional and friendly. room was clean and big enough for me.

but when I walked into hotel from sky train or subway station.
I should across the street through red street, sun eset, you can see many street girls. If you do not enjoy this. you may consider other hotels or regions.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Nick_Zilinski, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to Bangkok.

We are really very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay with us and that our passionate team were able to have exceeded your expectations. We will be delight to pass on your kind comments to our service team.

With all our very best wishes,

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The good:
- the service is professional and reliable. Of particular note is Nate, one of the concierge who not only has been helpful but has a friendly and positive attitude

- the room and bed are both a decent size and very comfortable. We were upgraded to a room on Level 24. I would definitely have no problems staying here again - value for money is definitely the case here

The OK:
The hotel is in a good location in Silom near Patpong and about a 7 minute walk from the BTS Sala Daeng SkyTrain. You'd love it to be closer to the BTS but it is stumbling distance of the nightlife in Silom.

The not-so-good:
The shower's drain drips and makes quite a bit of noise for a while after you have a shower. It looks like a flaw in the design of the tiled floor and drainage. There is a movable tile that you can use to muffle the noise. I had to soak up the excess water with a towel to stop the noise.

The above is minor and should not completely cloud what is a very fine hotel. It is an excellent choice and I highly recommend it.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Bangkok and also for taking the time to share your compliments with us. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the high service and quality levels that we pride ourselves in delivering. All our associates, especially our concierge team at Le Méridien Bangkok will be thrilled to hear your feedback.

Your comment in regards to our bathroom is being discussed with our Engineer team and we would like to take the opportunity to apologies for the inconvenience this has created during your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Bangkok really soon.

With Kind Regards,

Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I felt exploited at Le Meridien. I was assigned a room that stank badly of mildew. I should've realized something was up when the front-desk person enthused about what a great room it was and suggested that I show myself up. I did, and got a powerful whif of the stink as soon as I opened the door. After contemplating whether I could live with the stench for two days, I returned to the front desk, explained the problem and asked to be put into another room. One was ready in 15 minutes.

Seriously, though, a room in such awful condition should never be assigned to a guest at a luxury hotel. Le Meridien needs to clean up its act.

The next problem was getting Internet service, which was included in my room rate. I had made reservations through the SPG site. When I called down to ask how I might get on the Internet without paying twice, I was told that Internet service was not included in my room charge. When I explained that indeed it was, I was again told that, no, it was not, and that I would have to pay again for it.

So I stormed downstairs and embarrassed myself by screaming at the manager, who actually handled my temper with grace. He requested that I prove Internet service was included with my booking, which I did. I should never have had to. Whatever happened to the business adage that the customer is always right? At Le Meridien, it has been replaced by the adage, "The customer is a wallet that needs to be emptied."

Case in point: Two days later, upon checking out, the front desk person again insinuated I was lying and that I would have to pay again for Internet service. She held to this line even after I explained all the trouble I previously had regarding this issue. Only after I lost my temper for a second time in her lobby did she bother to check if I was telling the truth.

In between, there were several other problems with the room. A sink that would not drain. A blow dryer that would only work on low. A refrigerator so full of beer and other over-priced beverages that I could not fit in any of my own convenience store-bought drinks. A key card that worked fine opening the door but refused to work in the elevators, in which guests were going up and down to other guests' floors while trying to get their card to be accepted. Stained carpets. A kingsize bed that was really two old twin mattresses pushed together, each of which had a deep droop to them.

And then there is the neighborhood. It stinks worse than room 2022. In fact, it stinks like [--], of which there is plenty around ... fresh piles on the sidewalks and not-so-fresh piles already stepped in and tracked up and down the sidewalks. While walking down one of these sidewalks on the lookout for some place I could exchange some currency I almost kicked a sleeping dog curled up right in the middle of the sidewalk. Then, upon dodging it, I realized it wasn't a dog but the dirtiest human being I have ever seen.

Knowing this, why would anyone ever want to waste precious vacation days staying in such a squalid neighborhood?

The answer will wake you up at about 2 a.m., when other guests, along with their girlfriends du jour, all of them laughing and hooting, start returning to the hotel from the go-go bars along nearby Patpong. Apparently, Le Meridien offers a girlfriends du jour-friendly policy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing with me the difficulties you have experienced during your recent visit to Bangkok. At Le Méridien Bangkok we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels services, which in this case it appears we have failed to deliver.

As I have sent to you an individual email in the meantime, I would appreciate to take the opportunity to discuss these issues further with you. Please feel welcome to contact me back on my personal email address nick.zilinski@lemeridien.com .

With best regards,

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Le Meridien to Celebrate my birthday. It was nice to see that it has maintained it's charm and standards are still very high.
Check in was fast and efficient and the reception is a lot busier than our previous visit.
The only fault we could add, was that the restaurant (which was excellent) has now closed and is now a function room. We felt that the hotel was badly in need of another restaurant as the buffet which we had one evening was not great. There was a real language barrier here also so I hardly ate that evening. (We should speak Thai i know!!)
The bar is still very nice. The rooms are still of an excellent standard and the views of Bangkok are terrific.
I will definately return soon.

Room Tip: Have a Drink and some Satay in the downstairs Cafe Bar and watch the world go by, especially when it...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Le Méridien Bangkok.
We truly appreciate your comments and are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful birthday celebration during your stay with us.

Your highlighted impression on the restaurant visit in the evening has been taken up by our culinary team to ensure that such matter does not occur in the future. Thank you once again for your respected response that allows us to improve our service and be aware of those areas which need further improvements.

Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit soon.

With kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the PERFECT hotel for honeymooners and couples. I wouldn't recommend it for children or families as it's not suited to cater for children and keep them busy. The decor and furnishings in the rooms are just beautiful and so unique. 7 of the rooms have round-shaped beds for honeymooners which is very cute. Bathrooms are gorgeous and very modern. Lovely spa & outdoor pool area. Staff are very friendly. Good location, close to markets and restaurants etc. Restaurant is very open and gets the natural light from the large windows every day. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

First of all thank you for taking your time to pen a few words on your recent Le Méridien Bangkok experience. We aim to please, whether our guests are here to work, to discover or to celebrate. It is so great to know our stunning Circular rooms, our service levels and the hotel’s facilities as well the location were up to your expectations.

Please come back again soon – Le Méridien Bangkok’s the team will be at your service 24/7.

With best regards,

Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Le Meridien for 4 nights in early September. The hotel is awesome. It is modern, trendy, very clean, and the staff pamper you. It is located right in the middle of everything. Check out the night market, it is a fun place to shop. I will definitely return to this hotel when I am in BKK again!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. The views are awesome.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Bangkok, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your journey, as it is a long way from California to come to us.

Many details and thoughts have gone in to increase the experience of our guest stays. We are glad to hear that our services exceeded your expectation – hence, making your stay a memorable one.

When you do decide to return to Le Méridien Bangkok please let us know, as we will be very happy to oversee a reservation for you.

With kind regards,

Le Méridien Bangkok

Been to Le Meridien Bangkok? Share your experiences!