“Just average accommodation !” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aspen Suites Bangkok

You added Aspen Suites Bangkok to your Saves list
Aspen Suites Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65/1 Sukhumvit Soi 2 | 65/1 สุขุมวิทซอย 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #201 of 765 Hotels in Bangkok
HKG
“Just average accommodation !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Staying for 5 nites, staff is helpful and friendly. The room is spacious with microwave and a large fridge (not a mini bar). However, the TV, Audio system and hair dryer etc are not working at all. The swimming pool and the gym is too small, the breakfast is adequate with limited choice. Furthermore, the location is a bit away from the BTS, take about 15 mins at least by walking.

Room Tip: Not facing the high way !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Value guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, I would certainly take your comments for other to improve our services and hope to have a chance to welcome you in the near future.

We look forward to welcome you again at Aspen Suites Bangkok.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at Aspen Suite over 7 times over the past 4 years. Quality rooms at a great price.
On this trip I traveled the area from Aug 12 through Nov 12.
Pros:
1. Free Breakfast has a good variety foods – enjoyed it every morning to start my day; many times I have tipped the staff for providing good service.
2. Nice work desk area for my computer and the free WIFI worked well.
3. Large room with a very comfortable bed; Plus Kitchenette area with refrigerators and microwaves. Rooms are clean and well maintained.
4. Hotel Staff (Front Desk Clerk / Restaurant Staff / Maid Service / 24 hr Security + Doorman) is always Professional and Polite.
5. Key location on quiet street that leads to Sukhumvit road; it has most of everything you are looking for in the city - several malls, many street vendor, fast food / restaurants, money exchange / ATMs and Nana Plaza / bars are one street over.
Cons: I have no complaints about staying at this hotel.
Aspen Suite has been a great hotel to stay at when my flight arrives late in the evening and I think the price for the rooms are pretty reasonable. I definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends traveling to Bangkok and I will be staying there on future trip to Bangkok.
Thanks to the Aspen Suite Staff for making me feel at home and for the great service they provide during my stay; it’s greatly appreciated.

No comment about the spa because I did not use the Spa or pool area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Happy new year and wish all the best are belong to you, We would appreciated for your kind review Aspen Suites Bangkok in Tripadvisor. Your comment as our big present to me and our staffs, we will do our best to maintain our property and service to serve our value guests as you.

Once again, thank you very much and looking forward to welcome you at Aspen Suites Bangkok in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good access to the skytrain, but some way to the river. Yut, the concierge, was very helpful and friendly, as were all the staff. The rooms are very modern and clean. Breakfast is good and restaurant OK too. Just need to watch out for annoying noises - like an intermitent pump, or air con compressors. They changed our room with no fuss however.

Soi 11 nearby is great for restaurants, bars and clubs. Particularly liked Above 11, a rooftop bar ontop of Fraser Suites on Soi 11. Was surprised to find that Nana (Soi 4) is an 'entertainment' district, but the road Aspen is on is quiet and away from it all.

Helpful staff, comfy beds, good value for money overall.

Room Tip: Check for noises
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Silver Over, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you found all the positive reviews about our hotel on Trip Advisor are true. I will pass it on to my staff.

Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I chose this hotel for its spacious rooms (we had like 6 backpacks), central location and good price rate. For the given price and compared to my experiences during a half a year in BKK, it was really a good choice. The rooms were a bit out of date but nice, clean and spacious. The breakfast was included and for that price is was abundant as well. The pool, again, was a bit disappointment: really small, shadows were crawling over it and it was a bit dirty (the first pool I have ever left untouched so far).

I would have given this place 3 stars due to the price rate but I had one problem which bothered me quite a bit: While booking, I specifically asked for a room with bathtub but noticed upon arrival that even though I had requested it and paid for it, we didn't have it in our room and the front desk couldn't delver it. I needed to go to talk about it multiple times before getting the answer that I would get the room I requested for 4/7 days we stayed there.

Not having a bathtub isn't usually a problem but during that time and after a long trip, that was something really expected. I also asked some sort of compensation since I didn't get what I had paid for (even a Chang would have made a smile on my face) and they said they would come back to me. They never came and I kept on asking until I finally managed to get a hold on the hotel manager, who eventually answered to me that they will not compensate anything else than a price reduction for the hotel airport taxi which was even with the reduced price 4 times more expensive than a normal cab -> I chose a normal taxi.

Ok budget hotel and besides this one matter the staff was really helpful. So sadly, there was this one incident which makes me choose another hotel on my next trip.

Room Tip: The pool isn't what's expected.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Value guest,

Thank you for your stayed with Aspen Suite Bangkok also your kindness to shared your feedback. We are delighted to see that we meet your expectations in most categories. Your valuable feedback and comments will help us to improve our services to strive for the highest level of service excellence.

Thank you again and looking forward to serving you again at Aspen Suites Bangkok.

Pejlada Bukkavesa, Hotel Manager
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Clean, spacious and friendly staff make Aspen a great low cost option in BKK. Close to Nana, Aspen is located in a quiet off street. A pool and basic restaurant are available however would suggest dining in the any number of street food joints or restaurants around in the local area. Loads of space in the rooms recommend the place. 801 great room

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mark S., Thank you very much for your kind review on the tripadvisor. We hope that we will be one of your accommodations choices whenever you’re visiting Bangkok.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope to see you again in the future.

Best regard,
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was there only one night. I was before on the Chinatown and I liked this location more. I got a very big room which was nice. Views wasn't good. Clean and stylish room. The hotel people were very kind.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jani K., Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in our hotel. We are delighted to see that you had a pleasant stayed with us as well as pleasant with our room and services during your stay.
We are looking forward to seeing you again at Aspen Suite.

Best regard,
Oaxaca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We arrived by bus in the morning from Chiang Mai. When I got out my hotel confirmation, I was shocked to find it did not have a phone number or address on it. Fortunately there was an info desk where the person spoke some English. They did not know the hotel though. They suggested that I go to an internet cafe nearby by taxi. Just as I was getting a taxi, they called me back and gave me the address. When we arrived at the hotel I told the desk clerk about this and he said I should have gone to an internet cafe. I thought he was rude and not listening.

We had to wait for our room but that was no problem. We had reserved a room with two beds and the option for a third when a friend arrived from Hong Kong. We had the executive suite on the top floor and it was great. It had lovely views, a wonderful bathroom, nice TV and cable, and kitchenette. Our booking included a half-day tour as well as a filling buffet breakfast every morning. Wifi was available in the room or internet in the lobby. There was an inviting pool off of the dining area. They have a shuttle to get you to the main street as well as arranging airport pickup and drop off. For the price and quality, I would stay there again. I hope they fix the problem of not having a street address or phone number on the reservation confirmation though. It certainly got us off on the wrong foot.

Room Tip: The hotel is away from the expressway and major highways so I don't think noise would be a probl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HM-Aspen, General Manager at Aspen Suites Bangkok, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Value guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback regarding our property. It is our great pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stayed with us. We are delighted to see that we meet your expectations in most categories. Your valuable feedback and comments will help us to improve our services to strive for the highest level of service excellence.

Once again, please accept our sincere appreciation for your observations and feedback. We look forward to serving you again at Aspen Suites.

Pejlada Bukkavesa, Hotel Manager

Been to Aspen Suites Bangkok? Share your experiences!