“Perfect for overnight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Floral Shire Resort

You added Floral Shire Resort to your Saves list
Floral Shire Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   56, Soi Lat Krabang 42, Lat Krabang Rd., Bangkok 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #383 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Phoenix, Arizona
“Perfect for overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My arrival was at midnight, couldn't find anyone at the meeting point for the airport transfer so I opted for a taxi. The hotel is at the far end of the road, when the road gets dark just tell the taxi to drive a little further down and you will see it on the right hand side. Check in was swift and they asked if I needed a wake up call. I only stayed for 5 hrs for a shower and quick nap before my connecting flight. A shower at the airport would have cost $11 usd, Only paid $21usd/ night, If all you are looking for a a clean bed / hot shower for a connecting flight w/ free airport transfer this place is perfect. I did hear the planes but not to often and not enough to disturb me. Restaurants are on the main road I noticed they will take you there via golf cart, if requested. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Booked Floral Shire Resort on the day and paid AUD$16 including return airport transfers. During the booking process, I noted my arrival and departure details, I was only staying at the hotel for 8 hours as it was a cheaper alternative to airport lounges ($60/4 hours).

The transfer was a bit tricky to find (tip - Go to Gate 6), but once I was in the right direction, I found a staff member waiting with a sign with my name written. I was their only guest to collect (it was 2am) and the transfer in the air conditioned mini van took less than 10 minutes.

I was very, very impressed with the check-in process, the receptionist spoke great English and reconfirmed my departure details and advised the best return transfer for my flight and booked wake up calls.

There is no lift in the hotel, but staff assist with bags, the reception and rooms are clean, but the corridors are dirty. The rooms are large and the bathroom is very big. The only negative is the noise with the planes and more so the neighbouring dogs.

In the morning the wake up call was prompt and the bus was waiting for me (again I was the only passenger) and the driver even delivered me to my gate.

PROS - Affordable, convenient and large, clean rooms and fast wi fi
CONS - Can get a little noisey with the dogs/planes - Just pack ear plugs

OVERALL - A great place to stay in transit to freshen up and catch up on sleep. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed at this hotel last night, and it was very good. Convenient location, with a free shuttle to the airport. Perfect for us since we were only staying to wait for our connection the next day. The staff was Excellent. Very helpful, very friendly. Breakfast was delicious (I had the boiled rice with shrimp, yum!). The only downside is that you can hear the airplanes very loudly, so if you're a light sleeper you may want ear plugs.

• Stayed November 2012
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We booked a double room for about £14 so were unsure what to expect but enjoyed our stay. We wanted somewhere close to the airport as we flew from Phuket in the evening and had to get up early the following morning for our flight home.

Having read previous reviews of the hotel possibly being difficult to find, we asked the information desk at the airport to translate the hotel details into Thai for the taxi driver. The hotel is down a small lane with not much within walking distance; however it was about a 10 minute drive from the airport so this suited us. It may be a good idea though to bring water and anything else you might need with you rather than trying to buy this after you arrive.

We found the staff very friendly and on check in, arranged a morning wakeup call and the time for the free hourly shuttle bus the hotel runs to the airport. There are no lifts in the hotel, but staff carried our bags to the room and also collected them when we checked out. We found the room to be very clean with a comfortable bed and nicely decorated. There were two complimentary bottles of water and tea and coffee available in the room.

We had an evening meal and beers at the hotel and found prices reasonable for a hotel and no more expensive than prices we had paid elsewhere during our holiday. There was also a minibar in the room again reasonably priced. Although we left at 6am, there was a continental breakfast available at this time.

The planes can be heard from the hotel, but I think we were so exhausted from travelling, we slept through this and it didn’t bother us. This is an ideal hotel for accessing the airport and we would be more than happy to stay here again although I would not recommend it for a holiday stay in Bangkok because of the distance from the centre of the city.

Room Tip: Given that the hotel does not have a lift, rooms on the lower floors would be preferable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
floralshire, Manager at Floral Shire Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We're thank you so much that you were happy :)

We hope see you soon.

Thanks

Wasin.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had an early flight so we decided to stay somewhere near the airport. Although the price was so cheap, we had a nice welcome from the staffs. The food was not that good. However, we got a wake up call and the transfer bus to the airport on time. Overall, this place is nice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
floralshire, Manager at Floral Shire Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much.
We're glad to hear you happy with our service.
See you next time.

Wasin.
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friend and I decided to stay here--I for 1 day and he for 2--because we both had an early flight from Bangkok and didn't want to have to get up very early in a downtown hotel and pay for a taxi to the airport, since we would have to leave well before the public train to the airport left. So, we picked the Floral Shire based on the Tripadvisor reviews we had read. And we were both glad we did. The pickup was prompt--though we thought we were to stand outside to wait for the shuttle instead of meeting a representative inside the airport. It turned out that the latter was what we were supposed to do after waiting about a half an hour for the shuttle. Once we realized this, the shuttle arrived in 10 minutes and took 10 minutes to get to the hotel. As others have noted, it is located at the end of an alley, but the hotel has both its own restaurant--where we ate and found the food pretty good--and a free tuk tuk to take you up to the main road where you can go to other restaurants, a massage parlor, etc. and then pick you up again. Can't beat that for service. Also, as noted, the room is basic, but very clean and spacious. The air con worked fine, as did the wifi in the room. If you arrive late at night and don't want the hassle going downtown, or an early flight like we had, I highly recommend this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful in the Thai tradition, though some of them speak little or no English. One of them always does, though, so this shouldn't put off those not used to communicating with their hands, etc. Overall, we would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

First impressions were very good. Airport shuttle was a modern, air conditioned, mini-van, branded with the hotel name and motif. Just a 10 minute drive from the airport but I can understand why a taxi driver would get lost or not know the location. Greeted nicely at reception. Our room was spacious and perfectly adequate for our needs, and what we expected for the money paid. The bed was firm but in context of the price, about right. Air con, reasonable mini-bar and 50+ TV channels. Then the first plane went overhead. Wow - it is noisy. Ear plugs are a must here! But you can't be close to the airport and expect no noise. If you've got an early flight and need to be close to the airport then this hotel will serve its purpose. If you've got more time to play with I would go a little further out so you can get some sleep!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi...

Thank you for your commented ,it's very helpful to approve & manage adjust room and many our service.
We're sorry if there's noisy airplane distrup your staying.
Cause we're very near Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Thank you for your commented,we'll adjust about room completely than now.

Thanks.
Wasin

Been to Floral Shire Resort? Share your experiences!