“great value for a very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri

You added Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri to your Saves list
Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   153 / 2 Soi Mahatlek Luang 1, Ratchadamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Ranked #93 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“great value for a very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

stayed here quite a few nights. i doubt there is a better deal, value wise, in bangkok. overall, the hotel is great! nice lobby, easy check in, room is well equipped and everything was very clean. bed is comfortable too. there was also a good view from the 40th floor (ask for a high floor). there is even a washing machine and dryer in the room with detergent to use included in the price, which makes the deal even better--especially if you have been on the road for a while and need to get some washing done.

there is also a nice pool (that seems only to have sun in the morning/early afternoon due to the shadow from the buildings) and a free coffee/espresso machine in the lobby. it is also quite well located near the BTS sky train and near central world shopping center (and not far from siam square.

the only bad point: the air con in the first room was quite loud and the 43rd floor that we were on had a strange damp smell near the lift and in the hallway. without much hassle though, we were upgraded after pushing to speak to the manager. they tried hard to make us happy even showing us a few room options.

the deal is even better when booking through orbitz with a promo code (currently the "travel5" is working for 5% but the 15% promo code isn't valid for bangkok.

we had the breakfast on the first day, and for us, it was the only let down, and wasn't really worth the additional $10+ we paid for 2 people. it was mostly the usual staples: eggs and toast and some fruit, and some thai food, as well as left overs from the restaurant buffet from the day before (see info about buffet in this paragraph). personally, i would recommend saving that money and go some where else for an early lunch, or do what we did a few times: the hotel restaurant has a decent buffet lunch special from monday to friday. all taxes included for 336 thai baht per person. this worked out to be quite a good deal compared to some of the more expensive restaurants in the area. non-alcoholic drinks where included in the price. it also had a decent dessert buffet in addition to some thai standards, sushi, some western items, and a pasta bar as well. everything was quite good.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor. and if your ac is loud, tell them and change rooms. we did, and the second roo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. I am very glad to heard that you appreciated with our hotel. I already bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and also discuss with our Chief Engineer due to the Air condition system and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is my first visit and while I'm traveling alone this time. I'm coming with my family over Spring break next month. I knew the location was fantastic. We like being near Siam. Paragon and this hotel overlooks the oval green racetrack around the corner from Central World and Siam malls. It's very clean with lots of white tile and dark woods. The lobby and entrance is beautiful and very luxe looking. The rooms are generously sized with almost floor to ceiling windows with wooden plantation shutters. Every room has a large refrigerator, clothing washer/dryer combo, and the bath has Botha huge soaking tub and a walk in shower. I am in one of the smaller rooms this visit and it is large. Some reviews mentioned the beds were hard and I don't think so at all. They are normal hotel beds - now if they had a featherbed top, since they already have crisp white cotton sheets and duvets, that would be a nice touch - but the beds are comfortable. I also read complaints about the kitchen having no tools, supplies. Mine has dishes, pots and pans, cutlery and kitchen gadgets, it's stocked. There is also free and excellent wifi. I booked directly and got a crazy low rate. What is not to like about this hotel? Staff is also very professional and friendly. The only thing my husband may not like is the water pressure - it seemed a little weak - but I'm almost on the top floor so maybe that's why. Can't wait to come back with the kids and have a place we can actually have a frig and a clothes washer but still be in a luxe hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the race track
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back next month. kindly be inform that, you can ask for the kitchen utencil form our Housekeeping. also I already inform to our Chef Engineer to recheck the water pressure as your comment to make sure that water pressure can be use as usual.
Northern VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My colleague and I were pleasantly surprised with this hotel, which is in a good location and priced (for us) lower than other downtown Bangkok hotels where we could have stayed. The room included kitchenette facilities and even a small washer-dryer combination unit! (Wish I'd known that before I got there!) The room was nicely appointed and comfortable. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is within easy walking distance to Skytrain stations. I had one breakfast here, near the end of the meal time, and it was good, but I will note that the selection was not as extensive as some hotel's breakfasts. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Regarding to the breakfast selection , I will discuss with Chef to add more selection for customer requirement.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a nice and clean luxury hotel with worth value. Huge room with king size bed, a sofa and kitchenette facilities in room !! This was the great part ! Although is it situated near Ratchadamri BTS but nearby don't have any convenience store unless you have to walk to another BTS station name Chit Lom, there's a 7-Eleven and a mall within walking distance around 10 minutes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Grande Centre Point Hotel off Ratchadamri road is very well situated for those wanting to be at the heart of all that Bangkok has to offer. It is an easy 5 to 10 minute walk away from either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS stations allowing quick transport down either the Silom or Sukumvit corridors. The hotel is luxury class, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I booked my stay here in a Grand Suite, including their breakfast service. While their breakfast is not the best I have had, it is certainly not the worst either. The room is very spacious, and comes equipped with a microwave, electric stove, toaster, rice cooker, and a washer/drier combination. The one major complaint I had with the room is the firmness of the beds. They are hard...very hard. If you like hard beds, then this will play to your preference. About the only other thing I didn't find useful in the room was their cable TV service included 4 stations devoted to Arabic content.

Room Tip: The hotel does a 2 for 1 weekend BBQ seafood buffet that for Bhat 1,300 per couple (including tax) i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated,
I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel also discuss with Housekeeping Manager to review about the bed, Also share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

When we checked in to our hotel the front desk assigned us the wrong room. The bellhop took us up with our luggage and the room assigned to us, was still occupied. So we went back downstairs and waited for another room. The young lady behind the desk was sincerely sorry for the mix-up. So we waited about 15 minutes more and they upgraded us to an Executive Suite that overlooked the golf course across the street.

The concierge desk was very helpful when finding a pharmacy and other things we needed while we where staying in Bangkok. It was in a great location to walk around to the malls, pharmacy etc.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadmri is always my first choice hotel whenever I travel to Bangkok. Not only it is located in the prime area, it is also near the few major shopping belts with Siam Paragon, Siam Square, etc within walking distance. Room is big and spacious, and the staffs are mostly very friendly and approachable. In fact, I will be staying in this hotel again for the upcoming Bangkok trip in March.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri? Share your experiences!