stayed here quite a few nights. i doubt there is a better deal, value wise, in bangkok. overall, the hotel is great! nice lobby, easy check in, room is well equipped and everything was very clean. bed is comfortable too. there was also a good view from the 40th floor (ask for a high floor). there is even a washing machine and dryer in the room with detergent to use included in the price, which makes the deal even better--especially if you have been on the road for a while and need to get some washing done.
there is also a nice pool (that seems only to have sun in the morning/early afternoon due to the shadow from the buildings) and a free coffee/espresso machine in the lobby. it is also quite well located near the BTS sky train and near central world shopping center (and not far from siam square.
the only bad point: the air con in the first room was quite loud and the 43rd floor that we were on had a strange damp smell near the lift and in the hallway. without much hassle though, we were upgraded after pushing to speak to the manager. they tried hard to make us happy even showing us a few room options.
the deal is even better when booking through orbitz with a promo code (currently the "travel5" is working for 5% but the 15% promo code isn't valid for bangkok.
we had the breakfast on the first day, and for us, it was the only let down, and wasn't really worth the additional $10+ we paid for 2 people. it was mostly the usual staples: eggs and toast and some fruit, and some thai food, as well as left overs from the restaurant buffet from the day before (see info about buffet in this paragraph). personally, i would recommend saving that money and go some where else for an early lunch, or do what we did a few times: the hotel restaurant has a decent buffet lunch special from monday to friday. all taxes included for 336 thai baht per person. this worked out to be quite a good deal compared to some of the more expensive restaurants in the area. non-alcoholic drinks where included in the price. it also had a decent dessert buffet in addition to some thai standards, sushi, some western items, and a pasta bar as well. everything was quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Centre Point Hotel RatchadamriParadise amid the City of Angels Savour a heavenly stay in an urban paradise where sophisticated, world-class facilities meet heartfelt service. Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri is a refined oasis in the heart of Bangkok. The hotel is just minutes away from the central shopping district of Ratchadamri. Its location offers easy access to local landmarks, diverse entertainment and fine dining options – from the upscale Siam Paragon and CentralWorld designer malls to inexpensive bargains at the ManeeyaCenter, Amarin Plaza and President Tower Arcade. The city’s pulse beats just moments from Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Centre Point Hotel And Residence Ratchadamri
- Grande Centre Point Bangkok