“Very Nice Stay in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri

You added Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri to your Saves list
Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   153 / 2 Soi Mahatlek Luang 1, Ratchadamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Ranked #92 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Very Nice Stay in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The location is great - super close to shopping, food, and the BTS. The facilities were also quite nice, with a restaurant downstairs (with great food), breakfast restaurant, pool, and gym. The staff were also very helpful. The only complaint I have is that if you ask for a taxi, they will order you a taxi that DOES NOT use meter. We had to demand a cab with a meter, and when the cab came, they still tried to avoid using the meter. It might be better to just walk up to the main road and catch a cab.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Pongsak W, Resident Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind support to Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. I am very glad to heard that you appreciated with our hotel.Refer to the Taxi service, please be inform that
Hotel policy give force to staffs to use only Taxi Meter. Also we have Register Taxi stand by at the Hotel Car Park, but some time in rush hour might be pick taxi from the street under hotel policy.
Nevertheless, I will Discuss with our Front Office manager, Bell Captiion and Security Manager
to brief and supervise our team to service customer under hotel policy strictly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We booked 3 nights there for the end of our honeymoon and it was the best way to leave thailand. The hotel is absolutely perfect! It's very fancy and luxurious and contain a beautiful pool area. We stayed in grande deluxe room in 28th floor with stunning view. The room was beautiful, big and had a whole kitchen. Big screen tv and u can also borrow movies at reception. Free coffee at the lobby all day. The location was great- 10 min walk from central world and close to sky train - 2 stops from mbk center.
One of the best hotels I've ever been

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad to heard that you are enjoy to stay with us.We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Duluth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here for several days at the end of a 3 week long trip to Indonesia and Thailand. It was the least favorite of all the hotels we had visited. We arrived a bit after noon and they checked us in and took our voucher and said come back at 2 pm. Most hotels at least apologize and say we'll store your luggage as we don't have a room ready. They just pretty much dismissed us.

Taxis are very, very difficult to obtain here. We could not find a taxi to take us to any of the tourist areas. The outside staff not helpful in terms of tourists, altho very polite, and no concierge was ever visible to help. When we were leaving for the airport in the middle of the night, they did call us a taxi, but apparently taxis called by the hotel refuse to use the meter. As it wasn't too much more than the metered taxi we arrived it (during rush hour), we didn't argue. But it took about 1/4 of the time in the middle of the night to get to the airport. I think the hotel or the bellstaff/outside staff must have a "deal" with the taxis and perhaps that's why we had so much trouble. The front desk staff is quite "cool" when dealing with guests, I believe this must be due to the fact the hotel is large and turnover seems quite high. We never ventured thru the lobby without seeing many, many suitcases in a queue.

Pros: The suite is quite large (this is the biggest pro) and reasonably clean. There is a kitchen area, hot water boiler, separate living and sleeping areas. Not too far from SkyTrain. Upscale shopping centers very close by the hotel. We had a very nice view of the private golf course across the road. We did not use the pool, but I did view it and it seemed quite nice. There is a very large grocery store, "Big C" a few blocks away where you could purchase snacks and beverages. There is a combination clothes washing/drying machine, which we did not use.

Cons: You really couldn't use the kitchen to "cook" in as there is one glass covered/microwavable dish only. This seems quite strange as the kitchen area is very large with many, many cabinets---all empty. There are plates, some glasses, and silverware (4). The layout of the room is also very strange, very few hangers for clothes and in one of the two closets only, a couple drawers in the bedroom---I guess you could store your clothes/belongings in the kitchen? I concur with one other reviewed about the shower, dark areas in corners, ?maybe mold? There was instant coffee, 4 packets, not refilled in the several days we were there, so we went out to buy (see grocery store above). There is coffee available in the lobby with quite small cups if you want to get dressed and go fetch it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I apologize for your inconvenience cause and I will discuss with Front Office Manager and Security Manager to for revise the service process especially Concierge and Security at the front of the hotel to make sure that there will not happen again and reiterate with our staff to review the Hotel policy and service to customer. Also discuss with Housekeeping Manager and Floor Supervisor to supervise and recheck maid to clean up the room. Because some period the transaction might be very busy and maid can't clean up the room clearly on time

I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our all staffs in order to enhance them to try harder to improve and to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice and clean, the room was great, the staff outside seemed to have a problem getting me a taxi to go where I wanted, while trying to get to the main temples I got dropped off at various Rip Off Boat Trips. Room Service Food was Good, Location was good, but again I had taxi drivers taking me to the the other hotel

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind recommendation.Your kind recommendation are very appreciated, Refer to the taxi send you to the other Branch due to the we have 2 branch for Grande Centre Point and
6 Branch under Centre Point Hotel in Bangkok. There might be make a confuse to the Taxi driver.
Nevertheless, If you have a chance to use our service again please do not hersitate to collect the taxi card from our concierge or our staffs at the front of hotel.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed for the second time here on meeting and it was flawless..
I must say Ms Tak from Corporate sales really helped the success of my regional meeting because it went so smooth... even last minute airport pick-up was arranged perfectly (I was so happy to see the guy turned up at the meeting next day!) and Khun Tree from FO who helped with the meeting on D-day was always smiling even though I came to her always with problems :)
Every one flying in and staying at the hotel commended the room (luckily my 13 people-group were upgraded to grand suite!!!) I did not experience the rudeness of the FO staff like last time so it was an improvement there...No smile but efficient, that's what matters...
This hotel is really value for money because location is perfect, you walk to major shopping malls on the Skywalk and if you want to go to the river, just catch the sky train to Thaksin Station and take the boat to ASIATIQUE (free shuttle boat).
Spotless room, polite and friendly housekeeping staff, great food (the lunch buffet at the time of stay was only USD10!) and free coffee at the lobby level...oh don't forget to check out the swimming pool area...(do that for me as I was not able to do so due the hectic schedule!)
Happy times and will be back if possible...

Room Tip: Even the deluxe room will come with a kitchenette, frigde, washing machine, microwave so it is reall...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here for a four day business trip. I paid what would have been a budget hotel price in most other places in the world and got a room that was bigger than my flat at home. When I arrived, they gave me an iced tea, took my bags and checked me in quickly. Free coffee in the lobby is great, and there's plenty of space to sit down in an airy reception area.
My room was enormous, with kitchenette, lounge, bedroom, office, and huge bathroom with separate shower.
There's a nice gym and open air swimming pool on the 18th floor, and there's spa facilities as well, couldn't recommend enough. Only downside is that it's in the CBD, so not that much exciting stuff to visit apart from shops.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed over at this good find over Friday till Sunday in Nov13. The rooms were big, clean and well thought out with a kitchenette, just like a service apartment.
PLUS
(1) no carpet in the corridor or room. This makes rolling the luggage and golf bag so much easier.
(2) Smooth check-in and room was made up quickly with no fuss
(3) great location, just off major shopping centres (within walking distance) and yet quiet enough to be away from the main road

MINUS
(1) the panel next to the door for lights and aircon was too small. Very difficult to see, especially when you first walk in. No central control panel for lights.
(2) the taxi service is poor for such a fine hotel. Infrequent and the drivers didn't want to follow meter (not the hotel's problem but does dent the wonderful experience).

Notwithstanding, I highly recommend this hotel for all activities, business, leisure and families. Definitely a re-visit in the next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
I will bring your suggestion to rectify our hotel and share your comment to our management committe in order to enhance them to improve our property and service to make your next stay with us as much enjoyable.

Been to Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri? Share your experiences!