We stayed here for 4 nights for the second part of our honeymoon trip to Thailand. The hotel is a good one with a great location. The 1 bedroom apartment style suit we stayed in was impressive as where the hotel facilities such as the pool terrace. If I was just rating my experience on the above I'd rate is as excellent however I've only rated it as average due to the reception staff. Reason being is that before we left on our trip I contacted the 2 hotels we where staying at to inform them it was my honeymoon, both responded and said they would add a few extras to make our stay even more special. The fist hotel we stayed with on our first leg pulled out all the stops and lived up to Thailand's reputation of having a high level of customer service.
Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri however did not live up to this level at all. First problem was that the private airport transfer was not registered with the company properly so we where left waiting for more than an extra hour at the airport before it was rectified and we where on our way. That's fine, mistakes happen, we where still having a good time and looking forward to Bangkok. We arrived at the hotel and it was beautiful, very impressive looking. I approached the reception and having worked in the customer service industry myself I could sense straight away that the whole reception staff where stressed even though the reception was not overly busy. They where very abrupt with me but not rude so I just put it down to them having a bad day, it happens, no problem. Informed them about the mix up with the transfer and the reply was it was not their responsibility as a separate company was responsible for transfers. Not a great attitude to have but fine, I'm on holiday I don't want to argue. Checked in and transferred to the suite. Once we got situated and dealt with our luggage I realised that there was nothing in the room to signify it was our honeymoon. I went down to reception first of all to make sure our return transfer was booked properly, it was. They where still stressed and I inquired if they realised it was our honeymoon as I had previously communicated. The response from the duty manager was as follows in a sarcastic tone: "Well what do you expect from us the pent house room, free meals a free stay?" Understandably I was a bit shocked and said no I'm not expecting that but what I am expecting is a polite person to speak to. He shrugged of the criticism and asked what he can do for me, like he had pressed a reset button! I asked him what do you usually do as standard for people on their honeymoon? He replied we put flower petals on the bed, provide a honeymoon cake and usually upgrade to a room with a best view. The way he said it implied to me that I had already received this so I said that we had received none of this and I was just really expecting a small gesture. He said you should of received these things so I will check with housekeeping, it's their fault. Again a poor attitude to have assigning fault. I asked him what would happen then and his reply was to leave it with him and as I did not want an argument and was made to feel uncomfortable I left it at that.
Nothing happened, no gesture at all was made for the whole stay and I decided it was not worth complaining again as I had more important things to do, besides that's what sites like this are for.
I would not recommend adding the transport element to any excursions organised by the hotel either. The driver himself was very good and professional but the car supplied was a beat up old toyota from the late 80', very early 90's with no a/c and very worn upholstery.
Overall, the other staff apart from reception where very good and friendly. We did have an enjoyable stay in Bangkok it's just on reflection that the reception staff let the hotel down and if you make any special requests don't expect them to even attempt to make you feel welcome. It was a very unusual atmosphere at reception, they treat you like the enemy at times. Just a few unprofessional staff in a key area can make you have a bad opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Centre Point Hotel RatchadamriParadise amid the City of Angels Savour a heavenly stay in an urban paradise where sophisticated, world-class facilities meet heartfelt service. Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri is a refined oasis in the heart of Bangkok. The hotel is just minutes away from the central shopping district of Ratchadamri. Its location offers easy access to local landmarks, diverse entertainment and fine dining options – from the upscale Siam Paragon and CentralWorld designer malls to inexpensive bargains at the ManeeyaCenter, Amarin Plaza and President Tower Arcade. The city’s pulse beats just moments from Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Centre Point Hotel And Residence Ratchadamri
- Grande Centre Point Bangkok