“value for money good location” 3 of 5 stars

You added Nasa Vegas Hotel to your Saves list
Nasa Vegas Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44 Ramkhamhaeng Rd, Bangkok 10250, Thailand   |
Ranked #510 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
“value for money good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel last February 22-25, 2013. We choose this hotel because it is near the airport and MRT. Our room is clean spacious, though need to repaint to make it more appealing. The hotel is walking distance to MRT - Ramkhamhaeng Station making it easy to go to different place. Our accodation does not include breakfast. There is restaurant in the hotel, but the price of the food is a little bit high. There is a 24 hour convenience store near the hotel where you can buy breakfast. We also been able to ask them extra hot water for our noodles (we do not bought it in their store) because the hotel staff told us they don't have hot water.

Room Tip: Aask for the room on the 17th floor it looks new compared to the 18th floor room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Nasa Vegas gave me a free upgrade to a King sized bedroom ( I had booked a double). The A/C worked wonderfully. My view was of city and busy traffic (good for me) St Cloud, MN is DEAD as hell!! Sometimes you don't see car nor human being.

They cleaned up well, changed towels and sheets, washed everything and gave toiletries often. They even called to ask if I wanted cleaning one day.

I don't like Thai food, so at the restaurant I ordered different things I could take some of each and leave what I didn't want. Then you will want tgo eat outside.

A taxi was there, before you could reach down the front steps most of the time. The train is 1 min to the right of hotel. You could take it to Siam Paragon, MBk, Sukhumvit, and all tourist Attractions. They are also wheelchair accesible.

Fancy, they are not. Average and a good deal if you're looking for a deal, to make the most of Thailand. No A/C between hotel rooms and elevators, but after your cool, room you won't thaw and melt before you get to the elevator and the lobby.

Tour desk downstairs available. Tours as: Floating market, River Quai, Tiger Temple, Chaophraya Princess Night Cruise. Siam Niramit-not a good idea to book with them-too expensive 2,500 thb. Alot cheaper to take a taxi to Rachada Theatre. Get the buffet dinner and the show yourself, and take your time returning.

When I was checking out, a hotel doorman came to ask me if I will come back to Thailand, and if I will return to Nasa Vegas. I told him yes, AS LONG AS it is cheap (smile)! I don't believe in spending a vacation in a hotel room.

Hope this helps you. It was profitable for me.

Room Tip: Tell them you are coming to do MEDICAL TOURISM, so you need to super, super comfortable. They know...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

First of all, this is way out of town, especially in traffic hours you could end up sitting an hour in a taxi just to get somewhere. Having a train station nearby does not help that much, it's just going to cause noise when you are trying to sleep in the morning.

Then there is the employees at the font desk that makes you wait way too long both for check in and checkout and don't recognize the order in which the guests were waiting in line. Also, don't dare order room service, they will just mess up the order.

The only good thing is the price. I think it's one of the cheapest hotels in Bangkok with rooms for under 450 baht. So if you are on a tight budget I guess it's ok, just beware of all the negatives.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Malang, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a 3 star characterless hotel that is widely used by tour agent due to its very cheap price. I stayed here just one night only since our flight was arrived 7pm and in the morning we went to Pattaya. Upon return from Pattaya I stayed at another hotel. I think this is a good hotel for transit or max 2 night stay, the hotel is next to MRT station. The room is big and OK so is the bathroom although they are quite different to the pictures in their website. There are 7-11 and family mart near hotel and some kind of foodcourt/market so getting food is easy

I suggest you not to stay over 2 nights because the staff are like robot, no warm smile/greeting, etc. This can easily ruin your holiday mood. Now check-in and check-out are extremely long not only because there is queue but the process itself takes a lot of time. Take a deep breathe in and out couple times first before check-in or check-out so that it will not ruin your holiday, just take it easy :)

For 1-2 night stay I can recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Fish Hoek, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The location of the hotel was perfect when coming from the airport. Room was fine for the price. Staff was helpful, hired a taxi for us when we had to go out. However lift only go to 19th floor and we were on 20th floor and had to carry our luggage up one floor

Room Tip: Ask for a room below 19th floor as lift only go to 19th floor, will have to walk up to higher floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had stayed here for 4 days. I can not express how my experience has been ruined by staying here through out my trip in Bangkok.

As my first ever impression with this hotel, checking in took me 25 minutes... there are only 2 receptionist to serve around 7 people.

My room is 2046 and the big window with the little curtain which isn't big enough to cover the sun light in the morning. I have to wake up at 8pm every morning just because the sun shined straightly to me. The toilet is un-usable, it is stucked. I didn't use the toilet for the last 2 days and I couldn't be bother to complain to the hotel.

The location is not as good as I thought, perhaps I went to Bangkok for the first time so I didn't know the area around. There were 6 taxis refused to take me back to the hotel (from SIlom). Most of them put the price at 200-250 baht. I lucky got a kind one for metered cost at 81 baht. But it does take me 20' to get there. Not an ideal hotel for party goers.

I rarely comment on hotel's services but I do want to write this on your page as I hope you will improve your service. However, do your hotel really look at these comments?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Worst accommodation ever!! Looks nice from the outisde, inside it looks run down, rooms get worse, reminded me of a scene in a movie were a h@oker is working! Our room stunk, the AC was leaking, there was rubbish in the room that wasn't ours. This place needs a complete make-over. Do not be fooled by the photos, the rooms do not look like this!!

Staff are also rude and unhelpful (except for one guy from conceirge - my hope is that he finds a new job soon).

Internet is expensive for thailand and drops out/server issues.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nasa Vegas Hotel? Share your experiences!