Having stayed at the sister hotyel in Soi 1 a month ago I looked forward to this stay and a comparison between the two.
Location:- This hotel is about a 5 - 6 minute walk from Sukhumvit Rd. and Terminal 21 shopping centre. It was ideal for us as I was having dental treatment in one of the many clinics on Soi 21. I would probably look for something a little more central to Sukhumvit if I was staying for entertainment/pleasure.
Service:- The entire staff were fantastic (from reception/concierge to houskeeping) and are obviously happy in their work environment which I would assume to be due to good management.
The sister hotel did not reflect this. Everything was done quickly with a smile at all times.
Rooms:- The bedroom itself was of very good size and offered large flat screen, dvd, a very comfortable king bed and great air conditioning. A good workbench area is also available. Unfortunately like most asian hotels the bathroom was a bit of a let down. I am fit and active but I feel sorry for those who are not that have to step into the bath for a shower at the risk of slipping and suffering some injury. Shower cubicles should be mandatory. The toilet roll holder is located in such a position that you have to be a contortionist to reach. Hard to understand when there were better places to locate it. As always in asian hotels there was the usual mould ingrained into the solastic where the bathtub has been sealed. Very unsightly.
Breakfast:- A reasonable buffet breakfast is offered with egg station. Buffet is understandably geared towards asian people but it was okay.
Overall a very good hotel that I would recommend and use again if wanting further dental treatment. Some attention to bathroom matters would have resulted in an "Excellent" rating.
- Also Known As:
- Furamaxclusive Asoke Hotel
- Furamaxclusive Asoke Bangkok
- Furamaxclusive Asoke Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Asoke Road in the central business district " Sukhumvit", the hotel offers the easy access to many tourist attractions in Bangkok. In addition, food centres, restaurants, places of entertainment and all major shooping centres are in vicinity. Within walking distance, guests can enjoy shopping at Robinsons and Emporium department stores. Furthermore, venturing further out is made easily to get to the Siam paragon, Central World and MBK department stores by using the BTS skytrain – Siam Central station, which is only four stops away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your FuramaXclusive Asoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.