“Polite staff, Acceptable 3 star rooms, Super Value for Money!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ecotel Bangkok

You added Ecotel Bangkok to your Saves list
Ecotel Bangkok
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1091/333-4 New Petchburi Road 35 | Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #477 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Polite staff, Acceptable 3 star rooms, Super Value for Money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Was alone for the last night at bangkok, I moved from Ramada the opposite 4 star hotel to a cheaper one since my friends went by to Singapore.

I only spend SGD38 for a night and is so cheap compared to Ramada in terms what I get. Truly GREAT for backpackers! Room that I stay is clean and reach my expectations for a 3 star.

Manop was the Captain Bellboy that assisted me in navigating to another side of Bangkok where I was not very sure as I was traveling in a group. Very polite and genuinely nice, we even ask if there is a need to bring me there personally off work. Too bad I only got to know him for a day. We are now good friends.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I have just come back from Thailand and stayed at the Ecotel for three nights.
It is a good hotel, the staff are great however the breakfast that is included in the price isnt fantastic.
Overall the location is pretty good, you are about a 20 min walk from MBK and siam shopping centre.
I would probably stay there again.
Cab drivers dont really know the hotel so if you ask for the Bangkok Palace you will be fine as it is across the road from it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

i booked the hotel including breakfast but when i checked in the receptionist said breakfast excluded. It was ok for me because he said he'll c confirmed with me again the next day but he didn't. So we stayed 3 nights without breakfast even i paid for that.

On my last day, we waited taxi to the airport after checked out we sitting at the lobby sofa. We took few pictures at lobby for the last time. When taxi came, i took my baggage to outside n i forgot i left my camera on the coffee table at lobby. I came again about 10 minutes later n asked the receptionist but he said he'll checked for me. I waited but i didn't see he done anything. the 4 receptionist ignored me at all like nothing happened. I'm soo upset with them. With no explanations then i went out from hotel.

At first i really felt people at thailand very nice. They r soo friendly. .1night i trapped in heavy rain and someone lent her umbrella for me n i returned to her house the next morning. But the receptionist so rude, never smile for me even if i asked for room key, i ve to wait and see they chit chat at the reception counter.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I have been to this hotel 3 months back & my overall experience was good against the money I paid. One cant expect moon at the cost of an apple. Its a simple, decent & clean hotel.
I am planning to visit Bangkok & stay in this hotel again.

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

When I stayed there, the other side of the Hotel is still under development. Not sure if it's already completed by now.

I find the hotel cosy, comfortable and clean. The hotel staffs were rather friendly and helpful. It's surrounded by daily BKK Lifestyle, markets, coffee shops and the small shops that sell lifestyle things. It's rather convenient and easy to get a taxi despite that they are slightly away from the main road.

1 bad thing is there's a lot of stray dogs when I was there. Not sure whether is it still the same. My mom and I love the fact that there's 2 Thai Massage Palour right in front of the hotel. It's very convenient. We can go for massage after the whole day of shopping and my dad can stay in the hotel to rest. It is excellent.

You can try to eat @ the coffeeshop just down the street. The seafood is GREAT and good price. My family and I also like the Thai food served @ the Hotel's restaurant. It's delicious.

Value for $ indeed.

• Stayed April 2008
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

we arrived at Ecotel Bangkok at around 1 am and we didn;t have any problem checking-in. It is a fact that most Thais have a hard time speaking in English but the staffs still did their best to accommodate us and communicate with us. We requested for a room with a window and they gave us that. And though the window has no window (just a cemented wall haha) our room was still more than we expected it to be. It was clean, cozy, the bathroom's also clean, there were fresh sheets, 2 new slippers everyday, towels, shampoo, conditioner, 2 free mineral water everyday, a safe (to store your passpport and other important things), a ref and tv. it was just perfect for budget travellers like us. We also paid 1200 baht/night/room including Free Breakfast buffet for 2 at the Cafe next door (Cafe D' Elite). The free food is also not that bad. Our flight home was June 9 12am, so we checked out at 12pm got out for last minute shopping and the front desk staff was nice enough to safely store our bags until we got back. I would definitely stay in this hotel again--I hope soon!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Ecotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!