“I already went there twice!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Liz Business Hotel
No.16 Lane 107 Lin Shen North Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei, Taiwan   |
Ranked #284 of 428 hotels in Taipei
Hong Kong, China
“I already went there twice!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I requested the top floor room which was slightly different from other.
The staff there was really polite, friendly and helpful.
The breakfast provided was a combination of western and chinese style which include fried eggs, bacon and dumplings.
It is located in the redlight district with a lot of japanese night club but even if you went back to the hotel very late, it is still very safe.
It took only 5 minutes to walk from the near MRT station and there are a lot of good place to eat on the way.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

my 2 kids and i stayed 5 weeks in Taipei at Liz Hotel. the purpose of the trip was to learn Chinese language at nearby summer camp. the staff was extremely warm and very helpful all the time. although the hotel is located in redlight district, kids and i didn't felt any different from any other ally in taipei. many good japanes restaurants nearby. my kids had a great time. the place was very clean and comfortable. the staff told me it was sold to a new owner and just renovated a couple years ago only. modern bathroom decore and the sheets were clean,soft and very comfy (very important to me). the only thing taking some used to was that there were no nature lighting. kids loves the neon lighting in the room but i had hard time getting used to it.

Room Tip: I had a very nice suite on second floor (203/204) but the staff told me that this is a very popular...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

I just came back from Taiwan, all staffs there are very friendly and helpful...
As i know the hotel just change new owner 4 months ago, and they just done their renovation.
Is totally different feeling if compare with other same rate hotels.
If i go to Taipei again...Liz hotel will be my 1st choice.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

My cousin booked a tour and we were unfortunately placed here for 3 nights. Since our tour group (about 26 ppl) were the only ones in the hotel, there were a few spare rooms left as our first room (302) was creepy....

The windows didn't lock, and the both of the window screens were pushed out. The fire escape ladder was also RIGHT outside the windows. There was no view since the windows faced the other building (and no lights either!). My cousin also found an unbrella hidden between the wall and the window...We also found a half mouldy mandarin and leftover food underneath the bed....

After a briefing with our tour guide (read: chinese superstition...), we immediately changed rooms to 801...This was STILL creepy...but at least the windows faced the street. My bed 'vibrated' every now and then (I don't know if it was mini-earthquakes or 'other things').

Overall there was an omnious feeling in all of the rooms. Plus the breakfast was cold and yucky...

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronot
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

My husband booked this hotel because we decided to stop in Taipei last minute during our Asia honeymoon. He couldn't find any other hotels as it is high season for under $ 100 so he booked this based on the price and name.

He said it's a business hotel so it must be decent. Wrong, the hotel is located in a very shady neighbourhood and it seems like it is family run. They do not speak much english and when we were shown to the room, it was very dark and felt very sleazy. We think these rooms were rented by the hour. The washroom was awful, the shower/bathtub had mold everywhere. We were originally supposed to stay in Taipei for 5 nights but I couldn't stand it after 2 nights and we had to stay the full 2 nights because my husband paid online in full already.

I definitely do not recommend this hotel at all. They had no internet except in the dining area and when you use it, the chair felt like there were bugs and there were fruit flies flying around while I was checking my email.

Stayed April 2008

Been to Liz Business Hotel? Share your experiences!