“Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taipei York

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taipei
Taipei York
You added Taipei York to your Saves list
5F, No.79 Kunming Street, Wanhua District, Taipei, Taiwan (Wanhua District)   |
Ranked #259 of 446 Hotels in Taipei
3.5 of 5 stars 18 Reviews
Malaysia
“Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had booked a room No.10 for 4 nights stay cost of 6120 Taiwan dollar. After making the reservation was told to pay 50% deposit of your room rates (they have a bank account in Malaysia), can just bank in. Just email them the bank in slip and your booking will be guaranteed. When you reached the min su will need to call the owner to assist you it because they had a sensor card for the lift access. Min su located on the Level 5. We arrived around 4pm however the room was not ready, but can place our luggage in the room and they gave us the key, room is ready when we back after 6pm. No complaints of the late checked in as they are very helpful and friendly. Room is very clean. Location is great too, 7 Eleven is just below the apartment and 10min walking distance to Xi Men Ding MRT and Xi Men Ding street, very convenient. They do not have provide any make up room services during your stay. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will return again!

Room Tip: Room No.10 is nice!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great little apartment, strategically located right smack in the hustle and bustle of ximending. Pretty Tight security with a main gate, main door, before reaching your room. Rooms are tastefully furnished with towels renewed on a daily basis. They also provide luggage storage services.

Only compliant is that the rooms are rather small and that walls are rather thin. We can hear our neighbors rather clearly at times.Overall, a rather pleasant stay .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

For the price I paid for the room, I have no complains. It's nicely decorated, exactly what you see on the website. Towels are changed daily, bins are cleared daily too. There's toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, body wash provided. The aircon and the fridge worked well and there's also a humidifier in the room. The location is about 5 minutes walk from Ximen station, exit 6. There's a 7-11 in the building, a family mart and 3-floors KFC opposite the road. Cosmed is a stone throw away too!

Upon reaching the minsu, you need to call the owner as the lift is sensor operated to get to your level. So, security is quite tight though the building does look a bit run down and sleazy with the KTV joint on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Room Tip: I stayed on level 5 and it's a little noisy.. could hear the traffic downstairs. So, it might be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a terrible impression while checking in. A few of the rooms next to ours were doing renovation works and it was noisy and dusty. I already paid 50% deposit months ago and I doubt this would be returned to me if I decide not to go ahead with staying there. I had called the owner just before checking in (to inform him to meet us) and felt that the owner should have at least told me then that there was some renovation work going on. Thankfully, it was the last day of their work and there was no more noise and dust the next day.
Rooms look like what is seen on their website but were not very new. They did not feel as spacious as I expected, perhaps because the ceilings were low. The water drained away very slowly in our shower cubicle in room B, hence it would “flood” whenever we showered. The air con in room B dripped water when it was turned on. We were told to use only a certain setting on their washer cum dryer, but this turned out to be ultra fast, & our washing and drying was completed in half an hour. We could hear our next door neighbours fairly well,
The building is located conveniently near Ximen MRT but it is extremely old. I doubt we would have been able to exit the building if there had been an emergency as the emergency exits and staircases were choked with things and someone who had made it his temporary home!
Taipei York was an inexpensive choice and some of the rooms were tastefully decorated. But we would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Hey... I would like to share my view. Taipei York was horrible to stay. I am glad my seven days are over.
Below are my feedback:
1) baby cockroaches are all over.
2) room is very worn down.
3) no cleaning up of room unless you are willing to pay.
4) did not clear your rubbish bin.
5) no auto top up of tissues and toilet roll.
6) rooms are very dirty.
7) there is no phone in the room, each time if there is a need to get help from their staff, you got to use your own phone to call them. You have to pay unnecessary for international call.

If there are no elderly with me I will definitely ask for a refund and find myself a better place to stay. I have been travelling and this mingsu is the worse I have ever stay and was very unhappy with their service

• Stayed April 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

we stayed at the one in xi men ding, a couple room with Greece theme. Nice room, clean, spacious, tv, toilet attached, refrigerator..a little living hall is available for sharing with other guests and it has washing machine (must pay), magazines, postcards, umbrellas, water dispenser...

staffs are helpful and they will arrange for a cap to airport upon request....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was a nice location as it was just a 5 mins walk from Ximen station exit 1. And 7-11 just below the apartment. What I was happy about this apartment is that, only those who has the card can access our room level, having washing machine and clothes dryer, cozy and home feel and cheap! But what I was not really happy about is that, the clothes dryer is quite noisy, our room are really small and the extra bed given was not comfy to sleep on, and sound of drilling from the above floor early in the morning. Other than that, I find this apartment quite cozy to stay. They don't have a lobby or reception area so anything you would need to contact Mr York. Overall is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Taipei York? Share your experiences!