“Splendid hotel, with some glitches” 5 of 5 stars

The Okura Prestige Taipei
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.9 Nanjing E. Rd., Sec. 1, Taipei, Taiwan   |
Ranked #7 of 467 Hotels in Taipei
Limassol, Cyprus
“Splendid hotel, with some glitches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I must admit that this hotel has impressed me for its beauty and the courtesy of the staff. It is brand new, and this may explain some of the glitches that I experienced. But it is really a splendid hotel. Upon arrival I was upgraded to a room which while not a suite, it was large and perfectly designed (room 1820). I enjoyed every moment of it. The toilet (sorry but it's true) game me some moments of fun while I tried to understand how it worked, being iper technologic (and I run an IT company!) to the point of intimidation..... But everything was beautiful: the furniture, the bed (extremely confortable), the way the room was partitioned, the barthroom, the shower and bath tub area, with a buil-in-wall TV... all splendid.
The hotel coomon areas are also very nice, with important marble status, beautiful sofas and a very nice breakfast area which also becomes the buffet type restaurant for lunches and dinners.
The fitness centre was good, even if as it often happens even in modern hotel the gym area was not big and lacked the crunch equipment. I did not see the swimming pool but one colleague informed me it was good.

So, let's come to the glitches: the TV system is slow, very slow.... not very nice to work with.
The laundry service, probably because it is part of such new hotel, did not work properly: I left my laundry in the morning, was not returned in the evening as expected. No problems, but the day after, when I was about to leave the hotel, the laundry had not arrived yet. I called, they could not understand well (they spoke little english), anyway I thought they understood. Half an hour later, room service arrived asking if I had laundry to give. I explained no, I have laundry who I should get back. It finally arrived again half hour later, when I was about to leave the room. I must say though that when it arrived it was perfectly presented.

The last glitch: the hotel Japanese restaurant on the 5th Floor: Yamazato. Super expensive, and not the right quality for the price I paid. Yes, ingredients were all good and the Teppanyaki service and presentation perfect. But at 180$ per person, I expect absolute perfection, and something which makes me faint (not the bill, which effectively did make me faint. Btw, Yamazato sounds like Ammazzato, which in Italian means "killed"... I wonder if it is correlated with the bill....).

The above said, I will definitively be back.

Room Tip: My room 1820 was really great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Spent 2 nights during the Mid-Autumn Festivals, i.e. end of September. The door-men were very friendly & gave you their kind attention when needed, One of the place I'd like to spent after a long day was at the Creation Club, even just for a short period of time. The staffs are very helpful. This made the whole atmosphere very warm for guests. We like the design of the separation of toilet with the bathroom, yet they can be put together as one because of the smart designed partition. The downside was 2 single beds too close to each other, leaving a gap of about 2 inches only. And, there is not any airport bus services directly reaching this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Was my first time in Taipei. Was unsure where to stay. She ended up booking me at The Okura Prestige Taipei and The Okura Prestige Bangkok, both brands were unfamiliar to me, but she was spot on. Service is seamless. Rooms are impeccable. Real elegance to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Okura Prestige Taipei? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Okura Prestige Taipei

Address: No.9 Nanjing E. Rd., Sec. 1, Taipei, Taiwan
Location: Taiwan > Taipei
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 467 Hotels in Taipei
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The Okura Prestige Taipei 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com and Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd. so you can book your The Okura Prestige Taipei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage The Okura Prestige Taipei, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.