“Great Place to Stay In Taipei” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Hotel Taipei

You added Ambassador Hotel Taipei to your Saves list
Ambassador Hotel Taipei
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.63 Section 2, Chung Shan North Road, Taipei 104, Taiwan   |
Ranked #84 of 446 Hotels in Taipei
4.0 of 5 stars 340 Reviews
Rockford, Michigan
“Great Place to Stay In Taipei”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Ambassador. I stayed in an executive room and it was really nice. I have stayed at the Regent, Grand, Santos, and a couple others over the years and I really think the Ambassador is about the best. I thought the staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean, the food was good, and I look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: Stay in the executive level room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. Your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your feedback so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Integrity. Team Work. Innovation . Social Responsibility

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for work as it was located very close (walking distance) to our office. I have also stayed at the Regent hotel, so this was a chance for a bit of a comparison.

I booked an executive level room, and was pleased with the quality of the room. The bed was one of the largest I have ever seen in a hotel room and there was still decent space for the desk to work at and a separate seat/couch if that's your thing. Overall, very content with the room and space.

I was a bit let down by the dining experiences at the hotel. For breakfast, I could use the one on the 11th floor, but when I was there, the food was not replaced frequently and with it being pretty much at capacity, there was very little to choose from (fruits, eggs and little sandwiches were all gone). I'm sure they would be replenished at some point, but I didn't have the time to wait (~7:30/8:00) so I had just a coffee, juice, a croissant and a yogurt beverage. I would have thought at that hour in the business area, they'd plan better for the traffic that would come through for the 7:00-8:30 'rush').

For dinner, I wanted to try the steak restaurant for dinner (on Wednesday). So I came there after work and when I arrived was told that without a reservation, there would be no place all night. I was just a single, so I pressed a little bit, and it wasn't until I said I was a hotel guest and didn't know it would be so full, that the staff went to ask someone what to do. I was told to wait 30 minutes and they'd try to find something. They eventually did, but it would have been a lot easier if I'd just been told (e.g. at check in) that the restaurant gets busy and so reservations are advised. Anyway, it ended well, but just a bit disappointing,

I didn't get to use the gym or other services, I didn't have the time.

Overall, still a good quality hotel and when I booked, a better deal as compared to Regent. A couple little things that kept me from saying 5/5).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

Please kindly try to accept our sincerely apology for there is any uncomfortable experience which had been made. I will inform all relatives and try to be better immediately. We will inspect our departments more punctilious and would serve better in the future.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your feedbacks so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

For what you pay, the Ambassador is very expensive. We stayed at the Dandy Hotel in Taipei and you cant even compare the two (and the Dandy Hotel is 1/2 the price). Summary:
1) Room has very limited coffee and tea supplies
2) Staff are ok. Not the friendliest in the world.
3) Breakfast is really bad for what you pay. The Cappuccino is horrible
4) I have no mobile reception in my room
5) There is no place to hang you towels after you have used them.

So we wont recommend this hotel for the amount of money you have to pay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, February 18, 2013

Please kindly try to accept our sincerely apology for there is any inconvenience which had been made. I will inform all relatives and try to be better immediately. We will inspect our departments more punctilious and would serve better in the fuure.

Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Very good housekeeping. Has warm toilet seat during winter which is a good though. The concierge was effective and efficient in all aspects even little things making a booking for a table at the last minute. Bakery was good too. One disadvantage is that there is no free wifi.

• Stayed January 2013
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for staying at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. We are glad to know that you like the room facilities and enjoy your stay with us. Your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated and truly a great encouragement to us.

We would like to provide complimentary WIFI service to our in house guest from year 2013. We always make our most effort to provide better and better accommodation experience.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedbacks so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

After reading all the positive reviews here, i have decided to book this hotel. I do hope i will not be disappointed with the rooms. I can see that the General Manager does respond to the comments here, which shows that they do take customer service seriously.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your generous and kind compliments are highly appreciated and truly a great encouragement to us.

We always try our best to provide better and better accommodation experience.

We look forward to welcoming you at The Ambassador Hotel Taipei.

taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

It's a timeless and beautifull hotel interior. Our room was medium sized, and the bathroom was overflowing with accessories and gels.

The Ambassador, from 01-Jan-2013, is no longer charging $400TWD for internet access. Rooms now have free LAN or Wi-Fi.

Also, on our stay it was our daughter's 6th birthday. She celebrated that by waking up with a high temperature and then being violently sick all morning. The staff at the front desk extended our check-out time from noon until 4pm, free of charge, so that we could stay on before catching our train. I was willing to pay the half-day rate for late check-out, so that was extremely kind of them.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Philip L, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, January 4, 2013

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Ambassador is in a very good location in the centre of Taipei. Dozens of restaurants, cafes, and shopping strips and malls, and therapeutic massage parlours are all within walking distance.

Hotel staff are friendly and speak excellent English. This is of great help in Taiwan where English (or anything other than Mandarin) is not widely spoken if at all.

Rooms are just, a bit on the smallish side. They are appropriate but not luxurious. Yet this shouldn't stop anyone from booking the hotel.

I did not try the breakfast as it was included in my rate.

One problem is the famous hidden internet charge. Having internet access is essential to any traveller. Yet the Ambassador not only charges you for the privilege but it charges you on a PER DEVICE basis. This means that if you have a laptop and an Iphone you must buy two separate internet vouchers. This is plainly wrong and the hotel should review it immediately. In fact they shouldn't charge for internet at all like most European, and Asian hotels. But if they charge (the cost is NT$400 - some USD$14.00- per day), they should charge the room not on a per device basis. I would recommend people not to book this hotel (particularly if you are travelling other than alone) until this anomaly is rectified.

Other than that, I would recommend the hotel for business and pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Philip_W_Y_Lee, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Taipei, responded to this review, December 27, 2012

Please kindly try to accept our sincerely apology for any uncomfortable experience which has been made during your stay in our hotel. We would like to offer complimentary WIFI from year 2013. Wish we can provide better service in the future.

Once again we sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedback so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon at The Ambassador Taipei Hotel.

Integrity. Team Work. Innovation . Social Responsibility

Been to Ambassador Hotel Taipei? Share your experiences!